September 21, 2014 | 1166 users online

Eyeliner - Annabelle - Kohl Pencil Crayon in "Black"

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

I go through black eye liner like a maniac and wear it almost daily because I have smaller eyes - and use all kinds from Milani, Revlon, MUFE, MAC, UD, Laura Mercier etc, now I am happy with those but I wanted a softer, more natural black that wasn't wimpy and poorly pigmented either, just for day to day wear when I don't want a dramatic look. I tried lots of browns but with my naturally black brows and lashes, it pulled too red and looked more unnatural.

Complaining one day about this - my sister picked up this liner for me @ SDM, I think it's under $5 - it's absolute perfection! It's pigmented, not too soft, not too sharp/hard and I use it in the upper lash line to make my lashes look thicker and also in between my bottom lashes. I sometimes use it in the inner rim and it lasts as well. It looks very natural, matches my own natural lashes and blends perfectly. Not crumbly or hard to apply at all - no tugging or pulling either. It lasts all day and I touch-up again if I'm going out after work (but I do not have oily eyelids - and do not wear this on eyelids only in the lash line - so can't speak for other uses) I couldn't ask for a better product!

I would only recommend this if you want a soft, natural looking black - it's not dark enough in my opinion for for winged eyeliner and those sort of more bold styles, but great for every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Mimichat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner! It is my HG eye pencil and use it everyday. I quite understand the bad reviews here because yes, it could smudges easily, but I do not apply this on my lower lash line or water line. So I use this to make quite thick lines on my upper eyelid and it definitely does the trick! It goes on smooth and opaque and is really easy to use. The colour is amazing as a true rich black. I agree the staying power is not the best part, but it does stay on all day, and when it does smudge - like at night time if no touch-ups - I do not look like a racoon. Just for the price, it is a great product. I mostly wear it on day time (or the grey one) cause when I go out I put liquid eyeliner, but I can still rock it on a night out. I am at my third one, and will definitely repurchase. Obviously, it is not for everyone, but I would recommend to give it a try if you don't apply it on the water line or lower lash line. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Christinegem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like it at all. I think that the people who gave this five star kinda have very low expectations. Then again I have very oily lids so my eyeliner standards are very high. It's not as black as I would like but u could build it up easily but overall not very pigmented. It's decently smooth. BUT the longetivity is awful. It transfers to my crease and smudges to my lower lashes really bad. If u set it with a black eyeshadow it could be decent but I dont recommend this at all. There's many good drugstore liners that are better in quality and are cheaper. I suggest the maybelline masterdrama or the essence long lasting eyeliner :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Nicoleexoxo21

BEST EYELINER EVER!!!!..... I absolutely love this eyeliner for lining my waterline and tightline! It glides on so smoothly and lasts for a relevant amount of time! The product can be a little expensive for what it is-it is around $7-10 dollars canadian depending on the store you purchase it, but it is really worth every penny!! MY HG PRODUCT!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always come back to this black pencil. Works better than anything else at the drugstore, and is equivalent to the pricier brands. Love it. It's a HG, can't live without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

OMGGG <3 Okay, first off, kohl is something that goes on your WATERLINE. Not on your eyelid. If you are looking for an eyeliner, Im not sure this would work since it does tend to smudge. But on the waterline, this stuff is perfect. This stuff NEVER moves from your lashline to undereyes .. however that mean there is less oil = fades away. So you do have to reapply this every 1 or 2 hours. So if you want kohl that doesnt transfer and are willing to reapply every now and then, be sure to try this! ITS UBER cheap and totally worth it.
However, this is nothing compared to , lets say Urban Decay 24/7 which lasts me a good 6-9 hours on the waterline.
Be sure to check out my reviews on other Kohls/Eyeliners and let me know if this review was helpful or not. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by femfem237

My first ever liner was this one, kohl. and i really like it! I just wish it had less writing on the package because it kinda discontrates me whenever i do my liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG eyeliner. I have used up probably about 5 of these since I was introduced to this brand. I first bought it since it was on sale in Pharmaprix (SDM) for 1.99.
Its a true black, very important for me since I am NC50. I apply it close to my waterline and upper lash line and smudge it with a eyeshadow brush. I am lazy in the morning, so thats all I do. It just gives me a nice smoky look without being too dark.
Love it...I am a lifetime consumer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by midnightrose77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Alright, so normally I use the wet and wild black eyeliner as my drugstore brand eyeliner, but just so happens Wal-mart was sold out of it. Desperately needing some form of pencil eyeliner I browsed the store to pick up the only one there. Looking at the price, it was a little more expensive than my usual brand, so I figured it must have some beneficial facts.
pros: It is BLACK, not grey or light blue but BLACK, at least it is on my skin.
It glides on very easily and is perfect for tightlining/waterlining because it doesn't hurt.
Cons: It Smudges waaaaay too easily. To the point of utter frustration. I tightline as an asian and blinking makes it go on my waterline.
Not long lasting, constantly have to fix after a few hours.
Bad if you are a mono-lid, will leave marks in crease
Gets in your eye because it is not even a little waterproof.
Melts at low-level heat...i walked outside to the car, gets in and the eyeliner turned into liquid. A little melted is understandable...liquid is too much.

Reccomendation: not good if you have monolids.
Not good if you need long lasting
Best used for tightlining/waterlining and the the eye should be lined with liquid eyeliner or something more fix and stayable.
Don't use in heat.
Don't use if you have watery eyes as they will certainly get into your eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by yellow7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is horrible! will never buy it again! the color is very light, almost a grey and it smudges so easily. When i put it on my top lid, i like for it to stay solid, but by the end of the day, it's smudged everywhere and i end up looking like a raccoon. The eyeliner lasts less than an hour on my waterline. NEVER buy this, just a waste of money.