March 2, 2015 | 1753 users online

Toners - Kiehl's - Calendula Toner

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2015 3:20:00 PM More reviews by vgbluefire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not know what to make of this toner. Quite frankly, I find the bits of flower petals in the liquid disconcerting. When I try to squirt some toner onto a cotton pad (flip-top cap with small spout), sometimes bits of flowers also gets onto the cotton pad. Additionally, I don't think the toner actually does anything. It feels like I am wiping water over my face. I rather buy a toner product that has alcohol denat in it. At least I'll know it is doing something. Furthermore, for all the effort of trying to avoid ingredients that are "bad" for me, I think I am spending top dollar for something that is still bad for me. The fourth or fifth ingredient in the list for this toner is methylparaben. WHAT??!!! Aren't parabens bad for you???!!! In fact, a lot of Kiehls products have parabens, and that too fourth or fifth in list of ingredients. This is called a Calendula toner. Calendula is a homeopathic ingredient that is supposed to be good for inflamed skin, cuts, burns, insects bites, etc. However, the Calendula is at the middle of list of ingredients, after the methylparaben. So much for natural, good for you, products. I am not impressed with this product at all. I wish I considered all this before buying the toner online. I am vacillating between 1 star and two stars. I would like to give 1.5 stars, but I can't so in fairness, I am rounding up to two stars.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2015 10:35:00 AM More reviews by mybeautycravings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is quite pricey for a toner. If you have sensitive skin or known allergy to alcohol-based products, this may be worth a try. Otherwise, there are cheaper alternatives.

What's Good?

4. No visible improvement

Full review and price details at http://bit.ly/1DFKKO8

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of the raving reviews and because the sales person told me that this toner has helped many people with adult acne (those magic words!). The price was just ridiculous, 40eur for 250ml bottle, but since I love Kiehlīs products and the rare earth-line has literally saved my life, I thought it could be worth it. (I have not tried the rare earth toner since it has alcohol in it and thatīs something my skin just canīt stand). Iīve now been using this toner for about 3 months and I think Iīm ready to give my review.

This toner is ok. Itīs far better than any drugstore toner or any toner with alcohol, but for the price Iīm looking for something SPECIAL. Yes, it calms down my skin, smells nice, looks nice in the bottle, itīs easy to use and makes my skin feel fresh, but it doesnīt help me with my pimples etc. I donīt like the flower petals, theyīre kind of yacky. Actually thatīs the only downside (and the price).

Still, I prefer my old la roche posay physiological toner. It has the same effects, but for like 15euros. So if you like this toner, but the price is too high, give la roche posay a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by neospace12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A Kiehl's salesman conned me into buying this toner and I've used it twice--complete rubbish and I am so irritated as this is way to expensive for a toner..does absolutely nothing--what a waste of money..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Calistacyra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've finished bottles and bottles of this. A wonderful product for sensitive, oily skin. I'm really happy I bought this over and over again. Helps me with my breakout. Although very pricey. I highly recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was on the market for a toner to use on a daily basis, after I cleanse (I have oily skin and generally benefit from this extra step). This toner has an herbally fragrance that is not offensive, but is also not super pleasant in my opinion. When it comes to performance, this product is just ok. It is not drying, it does a decent job, however, I absolutely HATE the flower petals that they leave in the toner. They are slimy from sitting in the liquid solution and come out onto my cotton pad, so I have to pick them off. I don't think it's necessary to add these disgusting gobs and I won't purchase this again because of that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I have sensitive skin and I tried this on a whim. It is a great product and never irritates my skin . It makes my skin look so clear and my skin feels very soothed by it . I never expected this toner to be so effective on me . I dislike the flower petals as I usually transfer the product to a spray bottle , and the petals clog the noozle . Been using this for around three years .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Lirialle

This is the only toner that does not sting when I put it on. It's definitely my HG toner. It leaves no residue, smells good and leaves my face feeling clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite Kiehl's toner made with whole flowers and pure extracts. I tried most of Kiehl's toners (got samples at Kiehl's store) but this is my favorite one. It leaves my skin very fresh, clean and smooth. Does not feel sticky or drying afterwards. It's really good, non-alcoholic herbal-extract toner (for normal to oily skin type). My skin type is more like normal to dry but it still works great for me. I love it. Love the cute flower petals in a bottle too. Hate the price, $21 for the smallest size of the bottle, c'mon!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I used this toner for a while and honestly, I cannot see what all the hype is about. It leaves my skin feeling clean with no extra residue, but for $28 dollars I expected something more. I do not see any kind of anti-aging benefits or acne control, etc. I also do not like the fact that this is one of the most expensive toners per ounce that I have ever seen. This is just a mediocre product, save your money.