Kiehl's Calendula Toner

3.6

Aqua / Water / Eau, Propylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Arctium Lappa Extract / Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Allantoin, Hedera Helix Extract - Ivy Leaf/Stem Extract, Althaea Officinalis / Althaea Officinalis Root Extract.

on 7/28/2015 7:43:00 AM

i have repurchased 4 bottles of this product already and will continue to do so. this toner is so gentle yet effective. i use it everyday morning and night time and i have been using it for over 3 years. i remember clearly my skin improved quite a lot since using this toner. it has improved in terms of skin clarity and evenness of my skin tone.
the product is for normal to oily skin types and is suppose to remove any excess oil and dirt that your cleanser did not get rid of and also by adding moisture back into the skin and restoring it back to its normal pH level after cleansing.
in addition to these amazing functions, calendula helps to sooth and calm the skin and eliminate any redness in the skin.
i remember after a waxing on my upper lip i got quite red and started forming mild pimples and i applied this product on my skin and straight away the redness disappeared.
i love all of kiehls products and this one is defs my fav. i would recommend it to everyone !!

This is definitely good for humid countries as it is not drying or harsh yet, provides good moisturizing properties.

on 7/7/2015 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product because I was looking for a toner that would help lessen the oiliness on my face and control the acne around. I hardly noticed the difference in using this in terms of oiliness and acne. However, it did not dry out my face after use, unlike other toners where my face felt dry and too taut, so that's a good thing. I also liked that it hardly smelled of anything.

on 2/22/2015 3:20:00 PM

I do not know what to make of this toner. Quite frankly, I find the bits of flower petals in the liquid disconcerting. When I try to squirt some toner onto a cotton pad (flip-top cap with small spout), sometimes bits of flowers also gets onto the cotton pad. Additionally, I don't think the toner actually does anything. It feels like I am wiping water over my face. I rather buy a toner product that has alcohol denat in it. At least I'll know it is doing something. Furthermore, for all the effort of trying to avoid ingredients that are "bad" for me, I think I am spending top dollar for something that is still bad for me. The fourth or fifth ingredient in the list for this toner is methylparaben. WHAT??!!! Aren't parabens bad for you???!!! In fact, a lot of Kiehls products have parabens, and that too fourth or fifth in list of ingredients. This is called a Calendula toner. Calendula is a homeopathic ingredient that is supposed to be good for inflamed skin, cuts, burns, insects bites, etc. However, the Calendula is at the middle of list of ingredients, after the methylparaben. So much for natural, good for you, products. I am not impressed with this product at all. I wish I considered all this before buying the toner online. I am vacillating between 1 star and two stars. I would like to give 1.5 stars, but I can't so in fairness, I am rounding up to two stars.

This is quite pricey for a toner. If you have sensitive skin or known allergy to alcohol-based products, this may be worth a try. Otherwise, there are cheaper alternatives.

What's Good?

Full review and price details at http://bit.ly/1DFKKO8

on 9/30/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because of the raving reviews and because the sales person told me that this toner has helped many people with adult acne (those magic words!). The price was just ridiculous, 40eur for 250ml bottle, but since I love Kiehlīs products and the rare earth-line has literally saved my life, I thought it could be worth it. (I have not tried the rare earth toner since it has alcohol in it and thatīs something my skin just canīt stand). Iīve now been using this toner for about 3 months and I think Iīm ready to give my review.

This toner is ok. Itīs far better than any drugstore toner or any toner with alcohol, but for the price Iīm looking for something SPECIAL. Yes, it calms down my skin, smells nice, looks nice in the bottle, itīs easy to use and makes my skin feel fresh, but it doesnīt help me with my pimples etc. I donīt like the flower petals, theyīre kind of yacky. Actually thatīs the only downside (and the price).

Still, I prefer my old la roche posay physiological toner. It has the same effects, but for like 15euros. So if you like this toner, but the price is too high, give la roche posay a try!

on 7/22/2014 7:25:00 PM

A Kiehl's salesman conned me into buying this toner and I've used it twice--complete rubbish and I am so irritated as this is way to expensive for a toner..does absolutely nothing--what a waste of money..

on 6/20/2014 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've finished bottles and bottles of this. A wonderful product for sensitive, oily skin. I'm really happy I bought this over and over again. Helps me with my breakout. Although very pricey. I highly recommend this.

on 5/29/2014 1:39:00 PM

I was on the market for a toner to use on a daily basis, after I cleanse (I have oily skin and generally benefit from this extra step). This toner has an herbally fragrance that is not offensive, but is also not super pleasant in my opinion. When it comes to performance, this product is just ok. It is not drying, it does a decent job, however, I absolutely HATE the flower petals that they leave in the toner. They are slimy from sitting in the liquid solution and come out onto my cotton pad, so I have to pick them off. I don't think it's necessary to add these disgusting gobs and I won't purchase this again because of that.

on 3/7/2014 10:06:00 AM

I have sensitive skin and I tried this on a whim. It is a great product and never irritates my skin . It makes my skin look so clear and my skin feels very soothed by it . I never expected this toner to be so effective on me . I dislike the flower petals as I usually transfer the product to a spray bottle , and the petals clog the noozle . Been using this for around three years .