MAC Cream Lipstick in Dubonnet

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Diisostearyl Malate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Lanolin Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Ozokerite, Silica, Polydecene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Microcristalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\Extrait D'Orge, Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Cholesterol, Ceramide 3, Alumina, Linoleic Acid, Vanillin, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 (CI 45410), Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)]

on 1/29/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Dubonnet is gorgeous!!! It's my go to winter and evening lipstick! On me it's a deep burgundy red. The amplified finish is my second favourite mac finish (satin being my first). I love that they are completely opaque and creamy without being too creamy. Dubonnet lasts about 8 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a deep red stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

on 12/30/2014 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the first MAC red I have tried that works for me. Russian Red and Ruby Woo were dark pinks, all things being said, and looked garish on me. Lady Danger was orange. Diva was brown. All were unflattering and uncomfortable mattes (I feel like I am one of the few women on earth right now who is not into the super matte look).

This one is not exactly the bright red I was hoping for, but it is red with a slight brown tinge, which seems to work the best with my neutral skin. I feel like I can wear it to work or during the day because it is somewhat subdued. I like MAC's amplified formula, it is creamy enough to feel moisturizing and does not settle into my lines. It also doesn't make my teeth yellow. I would buy again for now, but prefer other reds for that bam red look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the colour and I love mac lipsticks in general but with the amplified formula and the dark colour, you have to be very careful while applying. I hate to re-apply this lipstick, because it takes so much time. But it is worth it. I also love the name.

on 9/7/2014 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've been looking for a deep bloody red with a brown/brick tone for a long time and it saw pictures of this on the internet. I thought to myself: I need it ASAP!! I bought this recently and was not disappointed at all. I have four other mac lipsticks and this is by far my favorite. I wear it almost everyday. Totally worth the $16!

on 7/31/2014 7:27:00 PM

This is my go-to, everyday, wearable red. I'm fair, but with warm undertones to my skin, so the blue-based reds (like Russian Red) take more work for me to wear. I can make it work, but I have to plan the rest of the makeup, etc. around it. Dubonnet, on the other hand, I can just swipe on even if I'm not wearing any other makeup and it makes me look pulled together.

It is not a matte - which means of course it won't have the staying power of a matte. But on the other hand, it's much easier to wear and re-apply (no mirror needed!) so for me, it works out better for everyday wear. Also, my lips tend to be dry, so when I'm going to wear a matte I have to really prep them. It leaves a stain on my lips as it wears off, so there's always color on my lips throughout the day.

I've gone through three tubes, and I will keep buying it as long as they make it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As a hardcore matte lipstick lover, I was disappointed with Dubonnet.

I did some research prior to buying it but I thought it still looked okay and thats why I got it, reasulting in me not liking it enough.

The colour is great. It is a brownish red, suitable for all skin tones.

However, im really not impressed with the staying power. I should have known better because I already have another amplified red shade from MAC and i wasnt impressed either.

It goes on opaque but it you rub your lips together, drunk or smoke, it will become transparent and it transfers a lot.

It is moisturising and has sheen so if you are into these kinds of lipsticks then buy it.

But for me, the queen of the mattes, it's a no-no. I hate how shiny it is but mostly i hate its nonexistent staying power. It will leave a faded stain but that's still not enough for me.

Plus, it feathers so you can't wear it without a lip liner, unlike any matte.

I will use mine and when it's done I don't think i will be buying a second tube. Not for me.

on 1/30/2014 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this! I like that MAC always has a nice selection of shades, even if some of their lipsticks are hit or miss. Really nice, creamy, brick red color. Be warned, less is more, and use a lip brush. I need very little to make this opaque on my lips. Also, it does lean browner on me (undertone of lips changes the color, most lipsticks look a little darker/browner on me), so using a red lipliner underneath helps bring out the red more. I have no problem with this lasting for a few hours, and then leaving a nice stain. It doesn't emphasize or settle into lip lines, the sheen from the amplified finish is responsible for that. I recommend trying before you buy to see how it looks on you.

on 1/22/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love red lipstick, and I really wanted to love Dubonnet. I did a lot of research on this lipstick, and it looked like it would be very similar to Viva Glam 1 (which I love). It wasn't, it looked a lot browner than that on me. Since I didn't want a browner version of VG1, I decided not to putchase it. I know a lot of people love it, but it just didn't impress me enough to buy it.

on 10/11/2013 1:15:00 PM

This is my go-to lippie when it comes to dark red hues. It also compliments my skin tone :) when it comes to partying at night I just swipe this on my lips and I'm ready to party all night!

on 10/6/2013 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My palette for makeup is really starting to expand. I would normally never be one for vampy anything, but first vampy nail polish sneak into my life...followed by eyeshadow...and finally lipstick. For some reason I decided I loved that modern 90's dark lip look this year and I just had to embrace it and welcome it into my wardrobe and vanity.

Dubonnet is a really nice dark, warm red. It isn't orangey and it isn't shy. I usually pair this bold lipstick with a very minimal, very neutral eye. I have greenish-blue eyes and combined with this lipstick and a good coat of mascara and a little bit of neutral shimmer my eyes POP! I always get really great compliments from my guy friend at nursing school when I wear this lipstick. So on a side-note be sort of prepared for vulgar comments or thoughts to come from men you know. There is something very sexual to some of them about a dark, bold lipstick. I of course don't mind that added bonus! :)

I really enjoy this lipstick. It is a great color for my fair skin and light eyes. Really makes a statement, but still manages to be sensual and elegant. Doesn't have the greatest wear time, but I'm sure a lip pencil would help prolong the life of this lipstick....either that or don't drink soda every two seconds like me. Definitely leaves a stain behind, but it is pretty. I don't mind touching up and it does not feel gummy like some lipsticks can after reapplication. I am very thankful for the lovely makeup artist that suggested this color. I will be using it a TON this fall and winter season. :)

Popular Lipsticks