September 23, 2014 | 1075 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cream Lipstick in Dubonnet

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Painter94x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a deep bloody red with a brown/brick tone for a long time and it saw pictures of this on the internet. I thought to myself: I need it ASAP!! I bought this recently and was not disappointed at all. I have four other mac lipsticks and this is by far my favorite. I wear it almost everyday. Totally worth the $16!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by cahall2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to, everyday, wearable red. I'm fair, but with warm undertones to my skin, so the blue-based reds (like Russian Red) take more work for me to wear. I can make it work, but I have to plan the rest of the makeup, etc. around it. Dubonnet, on the other hand, I can just swipe on even if I'm not wearing any other makeup and it makes me look pulled together.

It is not a matte - which means of course it won't have the staying power of a matte. But on the other hand, it's much easier to wear and re-apply (no mirror needed!) so for me, it works out better for everyday wear. Also, my lips tend to be dry, so when I'm going to wear a matte I have to really prep them. It leaves a stain on my lips as it wears off, so there's always color on my lips throughout the day.

I've gone through three tubes, and I will keep buying it as long as they make it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As a hardcore matte lipstick lover, I was disappointed with Dubonnet.

I did some research prior to buying it but I thought it still looked okay and thats why I got it, reasulting in me not liking it enough.

The colour is great. It is a brownish red, suitable for all skin tones.

However, im really not impressed with the staying power. I should have known better because I already have another amplified red shade from MAC and i wasnt impressed either.

It goes on opaque but it you rub your lips together, drunk or smoke, it will become transparent and it transfers a lot.

It is moisturising and has sheen so if you are into these kinds of lipsticks then buy it.

But for me, the queen of the mattes, it's a no-no. I hate how shiny it is but mostly i hate its nonexistent staying power. It will leave a faded stain but that's still not enough for me.

Plus, it feathers so you can't wear it without a lip liner, unlike any matte.

I will use mine and when it's done I don't think i will be buying a second tube. Not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by lumer00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! I like that MAC always has a nice selection of shades, even if some of their lipsticks are hit or miss. Really nice, creamy, brick red color. Be warned, less is more, and use a lip brush. I need very little to make this opaque on my lips. Also, it does lean browner on me (undertone of lips changes the color, most lipsticks look a little darker/browner on me), so using a red lipliner underneath helps bring out the red more. I have no problem with this lasting for a few hours, and then leaving a nice stain. It doesn't emphasize or settle into lip lines, the sheen from the amplified finish is responsible for that. I recommend trying before you buy to see how it looks on you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love red lipstick, and I really wanted to love Dubonnet. I did a lot of research on this lipstick, and it looked like it would be very similar to Viva Glam 1 (which I love). It wasn't, it looked a lot browner than that on me. Since I didn't want a browner version of VG1, I decided not to putchase it. I know a lot of people love it, but it just didn't impress me enough to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jewelishappy

This is my go-to lippie when it comes to dark red hues. It also compliments my skin tone :) when it comes to partying at night I just swipe this on my lips and I'm ready to party all night!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

My palette for makeup is really starting to expand. I would normally never be one for vampy anything, but first vampy nail polish sneak into my life...followed by eyeshadow...and finally lipstick. For some reason I decided I loved that modern 90's dark lip look this year and I just had to embrace it and welcome it into my wardrobe and vanity.

Dubonnet is a really nice dark, warm red. It isn't orangey and it isn't shy. I usually pair this bold lipstick with a very minimal, very neutral eye. I have greenish-blue eyes and combined with this lipstick and a good coat of mascara and a little bit of neutral shimmer my eyes POP! I always get really great compliments from my guy friend at nursing school when I wear this lipstick. So on a side-note be sort of prepared for vulgar comments or thoughts to come from men you know. There is something very sexual to some of them about a dark, bold lipstick. I of course don't mind that added bonus! :)

I really enjoy this lipstick. It is a great color for my fair skin and light eyes. Really makes a statement, but still manages to be sensual and elegant. Doesn't have the greatest wear time, but I'm sure a lip pencil would help prolong the life of this lipstick....either that or don't drink soda every two seconds like me. Definitely leaves a stain behind, but it is pretty. I don't mind touching up and it does not feel gummy like some lipsticks can after reapplication. I am very thankful for the lovely makeup artist that suggested this color. I will be using it a TON this fall and winter season. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Kakibot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful darker red that will make your teeth look super white. Great finish, too, doesn't dry lips out and feels nice and creamy. Worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by rach124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Basically the same as Revlon's Blackberry to me; I'm not sure there's anything about the product that makes it worth paying twice as much. But it's a nice formula (although it comes off easily on drinks, as does the Revlon one) and a great color so if you prefer MAC there's no reason not to buy. I only said no because I'd probably go back to Revlon instead of repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

This is the best red lipstick I ever found. Its creamy but I find it matte on application. This is so old Hollywood red. Great to get into the mood for Oscar season.