April 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Ridge Filler

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by satinswan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have been using this for several months now and it really does help my polish go on more smoothly. I love not having to buff my nails to get a smooth application of polish.

Also, I have found that if I bang a nail before my mani has dried, I can put a little of this over the smudge, wait a minute, and polish over top for a nail that (almost) looks like it was never dinged w/o having to re-do the finger entirely.

It's the first specifically ridge filler I've used and I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by MysticM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is amazing, not so much for ridge filling, but for extending the longevity of my manicure. I generally only get 2/3 days max from manicures... With this base coat & 2 coats polish & Seche Vite I get a week or more!! My last manicure (Essie Wicked) actually GREW OUT!! No chips at all! Unheard of for me. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Lexus95

Why such a low score with this product!!??

I have been using this product for many years. I love this product, since, as long as I use this, I don't need to buff the surface of my nails.

It dries quickly and I like the frosted finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product by OPI is absolutely awesome and my HG base coat polish. It delivers it's promise of smoothing out my nails and as added bonuses provides longevity to polishes applied over top and helps prevent staining too. Ridge Filler dries quickly and leaves a glossy finish. Love this stuff and have repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by alvirgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This does nothing to prevent staining on its own but layered over a thin layer of strengthener/basecoat (I use Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Nylon + Retinol or Sally Hansen Triple Strong to good effect) it makes for a perfectly smooth surface that extends the life of my manicure from peeling, even covering up the nail tip peeling that comes from wearing fingerless gloves in Northeastern winters. The best aspect of it is that, applied lightly, it dries almost instantly and provides a clean semi-opaque base for nail polish--it brightens and strengthens the colour of polish applied over it so that fewer coats are needed and the colour comes out more true to bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

it doesnt really make my ridges smoother, and i have mild ones. but it makes the nail polish color more intense, so im giving it a 3. would not recommend or repurchase.
UPDATE: have stopped using it completely because it takes forever for the nail polish on top of it to dry

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by LadyTheory

i have been using this for over a year now,and every now and than i go and try another ridge filler,but i always come back to this one.

i have noticed, the formula is incostient from bottle to bottle. one bottle will be amazing! where is goes on smooth,evenly and dries quickly, than the next is a big goopy sticky mess. i usually now have a bottle of nail thinner just for this! and even if i get a good bottle, i still have to add thinner.in fact i add it everytime i am done using it. it doesnt perform mircles, but for me, it works best out of all the others i have tried. it minimizes my ridges and makes my colors brighter.so until i find a better one, ill still use this one

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by jillbeannw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The filler works well to smooth out any dips or ridges a buffer can't smooth out. Works a tiny bit better than a base coat. I use it on my mom or older ladies with less than perfect nails. OPi makes my favorite brush when it comes to polishes. Only one coat is needed for this filler. Two coats for the lacquer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because at the moment I have weak nails from the winter time. They peel, have some ridges, and feel thin and bend sometimes. I invest money into my nail polishes, but due to the state of my nails they were chipping in a day or two. This dries rather quickly to a matte finish. It made my nails look better on it's own, but it really helped as a basecoat to hold onto polish. So they feel and look better, plus my polish looks like a manicure done in a salon. Keep this away from your cuticles though, it will dry on them and collect polish.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Whatever123456

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I get pits and ridges on my nails and buffing them away made them too thin and fragile. I bought this so that I could leave the buffing alone and still have smooth nails.

It does cover my small pits and ridges but only reduces the deep ridges which is good enough for me. I'm not expecting a miracle and it does make my nails look a lot more smoother. It also helps with the application of nail varnish, making it less streaky. Without the use of this base, the nail varnish tends to look streakier. It also dries fast which is a plus!

I've used half the bottle, and it's consistency has become thick and gloopy. It's harder to apply and to make it smooth because it's too thick and trying to smooth it out only makes it worse.

I'm going to try other brands to see how they compare to this and I'll only repurchase this product if the other brands are worse. Hopefully using a nail varnish thinner will help with the application since I don't want to waste the rest.