July 28, 2014 | 1298 users online

Body Scrubs - Origins - Incredible Spreadable Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Origins Incredible Spreadable smoothing ginger body scrub IN A TUBE, not the jar/tub. I'm not sure if there is a difference in the product, but there's my disclaimer. The reason I picked this up is because I love, love, love the scent (I'm a sucker for fragrances, my perfume collex is out of control) and really did not need to buy another perfume, so I went with the scrub. It smells amazing, of course, and I suggest you try it sometime if you haven't. To my nose, I get lemon, orange peel, bergamot, some sweetness and a good dose of spicy, warm ginger.

Since it's a sugar based scrub, it doesn't last long in the shower. However, once it melts, it turns into this sort of oily, creamy white body gel that you can easily spread all over your body. It feels really nice and smells lovely, but frankly, when I buy a scrub, I want to scrub until I feel smooth. This will not do that. It's more of a pampering product in that you will probably feel like you're giving yourself a gentle spa treatment in the shower that will lift your spirits, but leave you wanting more on the results side. It rinses clean, though, and doesn't leave me sticky or dry. Also, the scent lingers for a good while after you rinse, so you could easily skip perfume.

I might consider just picking up the Ginger Essence fragrance next time because the scrub is nice, but I prefer more scrubbiness. Lastly, a word to the acne prone, this does contain chondrus crispus, aka carrageenan, which can cause acne. I stopped using this on my lower back because I noticed a few blemishes and switched to just using it on my legs and hands in order to finish the tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this only because I had a gift card. I LOVE the ginger souffle body cream and their perfume - it just smells soooo good! I am not a big bath person, being fairly no nonsense about the whole shower thing and usually loofahing up with my latest fragrance free body wash from Walmart. Occasionally I feel like taking my time and crawling into bed smelling and feeling good, and so I'll take extra time to super exfoliate and will use this. You need a fairly good size scoop of this to really get a sense that this is a "scrub;" anything less and the grains will be too far and few between to feel like you're doing anything. It is really oily; I can't imagine just rinsing after this; I always use a little body wash after - it actually left a white, Crisco like residue on my skin before I lathered the excess off. However, after toweling dry all over and using the Ginger Souffle after my skin was sooo soft and smelled really good. It was a nice extra - I could definitely tell a difference when I used this and when I did not. But at thirty bucks a pop it's not worth that much; the tub is not that big, after all, and when the lotion smells the same and I can exfoliate with a loofah or a handful of regular salt or sugar. Nice, but not THAT nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by La_Belle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Whilst I adore Origins, the scrub was a definite miss. It left my skin very oily, to the point of me needing more soap to wash it off. I then had to scrub my tub to get rid of the residue. Not what I want to do after a relaxing shower! I bought it as part of the travel pack at CCO. To the garbage can it went!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Myfugitive

I was really down on body scrubs, because most of the ones I used were very greasy and would break my chest and shoulders out...not attractive! I needed exfoliation, but not the slime. So, I bought this after all the beauty mags swear by it, and promised that there was no greasy feeling afterward. They were right....I LOOOVEEE this scrub. It does not make me break out, as it is not oily...it's just right. And the scent...it's really lovely, not at all overwhelming like I feared at first. When I shave and use this, the moisturize....wow!! I can't stop touching my legs...LOL!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Initially I was not sure about this product because I didn't like the Salt Rub which is a very similar body scrub and leaves a very oily, greasy residue. But this is different. It is not as oily, scrubs well and leaves a soft but not too oily residue. The mint smell is terrific, leaves a clean sensation in my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2006 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Miss_Kennedy

I have this scrub in Ginger and I love it. It smells wonderful and leaves a thin layer of moisturizing oil on your skin when you rinse it off. Perfect for use before other Origins Ginger products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I use this only in the winter or when my skins in need of some moisture and my normal HG scrubs are too much for dryer skin. I have this in the sea salt version, which is minty. I think I would probably prefer the ginger version 'cuz I'm not a fan of minty smells but do love the scent of ginger. But for the scrub itself, I really like the way this one is so moisturizing without being greasy. It's not like it's suspended in oils that wash away and still leave skin dry. This one is actually a thick, cream like gel with scrubbies suspended that leaves a non-greasy, moisuturzing coating on skin that feels really good and moisturizes really well. While the scrubbies are larger and definitely rough, they are sparse (not as many scrubbies per inch as I'd like) and disolve quickly instead of staying scrubbie 'till I wash away. For winter or drier skin, this is probably a good thing. While not my favorite scrub, it's definitely something I reach for and will continue to purchase for specific times I need to exfoliate, but not dry out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2006 3:37:00 PM More reviews by smitten8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i used this product at my friend's house when we were enjoying "our own little spa" in her big bathroom. and i totally fell in love with it!! i have a "thing" for scrubs that leaves some film on my skin!! it feels really moisturized, and i dont even need a body lotion after this!! its a little too pricey and so i think i can make my own scrub and leave some film just like this, and in a cheaper price. but this product is always gonna be my favourite though :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 11:36:00 PM More reviews by horkusone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! The clean mint smell, the texture of the salt, the silky smoothness of my skin afterward! I don't even have to use a moisturizer after this stuff and I have really, really dry skin. Only complaint is the film left in the tub but hey, I am willing to clean it. This stuff is awesome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2006 6:28:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this scrub as it makes my skin soft and flake free, it has a nice zingy ginger smell too and leaves behind a moisterising film, my only complaint is that the scrub particules could last a bit longer. I probably won't repurchase this as i like to try new scrubs all the time.