July 23, 2014 | 1201 users online

Scrubs - RoC - Gommage Douceur Gentle Exfoliating Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a fantastic exfoliating cream. I notice an actual difference in the radiance of my skin right after use, and it leaves my face smooth and extremely soft. But this is what makes me think it's not just in my head: my mom even mentions that I look fresher and brighter after I use this, without even knowing that I used it. It's not that cheap, but it's still quite a bit cheaper than other exfoliants I'd been tempted to use (Kate Somerville, I'm looking at you...). I will repurchase because it doesn't leave me with dry skin, and I can use it twice a week for the radiance I desire. I use it at night (bc I don't have time to do it before work in the AM), and use Nivea cream afterwards. Super soft skin the next day!! Getting your makeup to look good takes so much less effort when your skin is in good condition!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by twinkletwinklestarfish

Wow! This stuff is literally amazing - I cannot find words to describe this product.

This exfoiliating cream is a little expensive where I'm from, at $40 per pop. But I got it on special after testing it on the back of my hand at the pharmacy. With this scrub, you don't actually have to use or add water to foam it up or rinse it off. Its literally like a moisturier with tiny micro-beads. The thing is, when you rub it into your skin, you can't actually feel that rough scratchy feeling from harsher beads. It actually feels like a moisturizer. However, when you look at your fingers after you've finished moisturizer you can literally see the dead skin and dirt and oil that has came off. Its truly magical, and a little weird but fun to use all the same :) I am currently using a microdermabrasion scrub from The Body Shop, but I prefer this. With my usual routine, I usually use an exfoiliater about one - two times per week. I don't really like using drugstore scrubs. I tend to use the Gommage Douceur scrub once weekly then I would use a more intense scrub on another day, like my microderm scrub from The Body Shop or a gentle moisturizing homemade scrub with oatmeal, manuka honey and avocado or olive oil.

When I see it on special again, I will definitley be repurschasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

My friend and I got a couple tubes of this at Shopper's Drug mart for 7.99.
Let me start by saying: Wow. This stuff is amazing. I have been looking for a product that exfoliates and brightens my skin woithout breaking me out. I am so amazed at the results I achieved with this product I am going to raid all the shopper's drug marts in the city and buying as much as I can while it's on sale! HG!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got this at shoppers drug mart for 7.99,so I was half price thought I'd give it a try and I love it.Its extremely gentle but does the job well.Takes away all the flakes and dryness on your skin,at this price i may go pick up more.Added bonus: Its fragrant free,so it doesnt irritate the skin.Edit: Beacme allergic and had to return it.Im sad because I really liked this scrub and it was so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by TrinaD

What a lovely product - gentle, fun to use and most importantly, effective. It is my favourite exfoliating product ever! I have sensitive rosacea skin and feared that the rubbing action required to make the cream slough off would redden my skin and perhaps break small capillaries which I had experienced previously with this form of exfoliation. I'm so pleased to say that providing I support the skin well while rubbing the cream, I'm left with a calm, very smooth and clearer looking face. In fact, my skin looks just as it would if I'd had a professional facial. This one is definitely a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2008 7:44:00 AM More reviews by nols

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an effective and extremely gentle face scrub. The exfoliating cream itself is quite runny, so i use around a teaspoonful. The instructions say to 'massage onto clean face until exfoliation occurs' to me this is when the product starts clumping off into little bits. Leaves your skin feeling clean, soft and smooth. I have quit dry, reactive skin and was pleasantly surprised by this scrub, it is soOo gentle and it didn't strip my skin or leave it feeling tight/uncomfortable. All i can say is: *Wow*.

I have a lot of flakes & peelies at the moment due to some treatments i'm currently using, this product got rid off some of the flakes but not all. I'm going to finish the tube because it is a lovely product, but i'm still on the lookout for a gentle scrub that'll get rid off all my flakes.

I'd buy this scrub again once my skin's back to normal. If you want an abrasive exfoliator that you can really feel, this isn't the product for you. If, like me your skin is dry & or sensitive, give this one a go it is truly a find :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a near perfect product that could only be improved by having a genie jump out of the tube and apply it for you. It works best when applied in small patches, ie. nose, rubbing in circles until exfoliation occurs and all the weeks grime us displayed on your fingers. Hey -- better on your fingers than on your face! You'll know to stop rubbing when the texture changes from feeling gritty to feeling slimey. The skime is the dirt from your skin. So yes, it takes a while to do so plan around it. The drier the skin, the better, and faster, it will work.

It's gentle, but a superachiever and cleans out all my already tiny pores, as well as exfoliating drier areas on my cheeks and forehead. After using this I follow by holding cold cloths to my skin to help close up my pores tight, then apply toner, serum and moisturizer and my skin looks as fresh and radiant as if I'd paid $200.00 for it. This is so good that I emailed all my friends and told them about it and even bought it for my sister for her birthday!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2007 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The most gentle facial scrub of them all. I use it on my very sensitive, dry, delicate (thin) skin once a fortnight. Suitable for all skin types. Product description: once a week, apply to the face and neck after cleansing, avoiding the eye contour. Lightly massage until exfoliation occurs. Rinse off. Ingredients: AQUA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, CETEARYL, ETHYLHEXANOATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, PANTHENOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, ALOE BARBADENSIS, CELLULOSE GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin and cannot use a lot of exfoliates. Even Avene gentle exfoliate left me blotchy one day. This was suggested by a SA in SDM. I purchased it on sale IIRC under $20.00. The previous posters describe it well as you can see dead skin just roll off. I use it once a week. Package states (and tube itself) "Massage gently over your face and neck, avoiding eye area contour until exfoliation occurs. Rinse off with lukewarm water." 40ml package size Inside package insert states under How to Use? " Apply Gentle Exfoliating Cream to clean, dry skin, and using fingertips lightly massage over face and neck avoiding eye contour." I think if used on wet or damp skin it won't work as well. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2006 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Update: 2014. I purchased the last few tubes of the product at Shoppers (quite a while ago, but just getting around to updating my review). Years later I still haven't found anything as effect, gentle and reliable as this product. However the only places I can find it online is some random Australian or UK websites. I'm reluctant to mark this as discontinued, but even RoC website does't have it, and some beauty sites say it's discontinued. I'm just finishing off one of my last tubes, and had hoped something better would have come along since then. Even my best product finds cannot leave me with the soft dewy refreshed skin that this one does, and that was just proven again this weekend when I used it again after doing several scrubs and masks with different products, looking for this kind of results. Only the Gommage Douceur came through with the best results. So glad I have at least one more tube left to use!!! If anyone, especially past users of this cream, know of any equally effective alternate cream exfoliators I should consider looking into, please let me know! Thanks!!

Original review: I'm on my second tube of this product and I love it. I love the way it works and the results. Soft dewy skin! You don't have to apply much so the tubes last a long time. It seems to melt into your skin at first softening it up and then begins to exfoliate while you rub, then it just rolls into little bits which you rinse or wipe off.

It's a different type of exfoliator and might be considered messy to some but I love watching it work and seeing the stale makeup and dying skin cells roll away! Ha! Sometimes I just grab the tube and use it while I'm watching a show using a towel on my lap to catch any bits that fall. At the next break I get up and rinse it off (I use a warm wash cloth followed by splashing my face) and my skin so sooo soft and smooth. It's so gentle, you never have to worry about overdoing it.

It's definitely an HG product for me that I will always want to have in my arsenal.

Cheers RoC!