April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

Lip Treatments - Wet 'n' Wild - Juicy Balm

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by liplover98

I brought this when I was in America! I used it when I was by the pool and my lips didn't get burned or chapped at all. recommend for the summer and the colour of the one I had (strawberry) was so nice

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by leahlovesrosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have all four flavors of these balms. As a whole, they glide on very smooth. They have a very wet, slippery formula. They don't feel drying, they make my lips feel smooth and hydrated. As for actual moisture, they don't provide any deep moisture and won't help chapped lips. They are better for locking in moisture to lips that don't need much deep hydration. Unfortunately for me, the packaging broke on one of my balms. The white part with the writing came unattached from the base. It's not unusable, just annoying. The clear caps also come off very easily. Even though these don't claim to be tinted, they do give off color; so if your not into that, stay clear. These balms also give off a decent amount of shine.

Raspberry: This one is my favorite of the bunch. It gives off the most color, I'd say more than most of my tinted balms, while still looking a lot more natural than a lipstick. The color is a bright pinky fushia. It's definitely a blue, cool toned pink. It comes off exactly like it does it the tube, just much more sheer. It has an odd scent, it doesn't smell anything like raspberries. It smells a little like crayons mixed with cherries. Don't be scared of the scent though, it's not strong and you can't smell it on your lips.

Cherry: This one also gives off a decent amount of color. The color is a sheer orange based red. I find this color rare in a tinted balm, most red balms are blue based red and show up pinkish on the lips, such as Babylips in Cherry Me. It gives your lips that same sheer orange based red, and makes them look like you just had a cherry popsicle. The smell kind of smells like artificial cherries, but also kind of smells like Kool-Aid with an odd base scent. It smells nothing like classic cherry Chapstick or other cherry lip balms. But again, you can't smell it on your lips.

Strawberry: This one's color is more sheer. It's a pretty light pink, that gives a very subtle tint to the lips. It's not as pigmented as Raspberry or Cherry. Just like with the rest of these, it has a very odd scent. It kind of smells like a sour candy, with a very artificial fruit smell.

Watermelon: When I swatch this one, it's a sheer yellowish green color. On my lips though, it is clear and looks like any other clear balm. As for the scent, it has that waxy crayon smell, with hints of very artificial smelling melon.

In conclusion, these balms are not must haves for moisturizing. But, they are inexpensive and most of them have a nice tint. I would recommend Raspberry for the beautiful tint, and also Cherry if you are into orange based reds.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by amandadee97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Not super moistyrizing but alright for my chapped lips. I got it in strawberry, and the scent is nice. The color payoff is also perfect--just the right amount of pink to be pretty but natural. I'll likely go back and buy a few other colours, not a bad idea considering how cheap they are. One lippie off because of the taste like other people mentioned, but not a deal breaker for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by knc70

I recently purchased this lip balm in cherry. I was hoping it would give me a beautiful red tint to my lips, and it did! Not too sheer, but not over the top either. It's just right. Not like a lipstick or balm in my opinion. A perfect equilibrium. The only downsides are the fact that it tastes absolutely awful. Have you ever accidentally gotten sunscreen in your mouth? Well, that is what it tastes like. I'm going to assume because it has SPF 15 and has the same relative ingredients that a sunblock would. The cap is also a pain. It sometimes nicks the top of the stick and I have to wipe it off to keep it from getting on the tube or my hands/clothes. Other than that, I do like the color and the fact that it keeps my lips from getting burnt to a crisp in the hot summer sun.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by ectoplasmicgoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Watermelon Juicy Balm, and while there are a few things I like about it, it just isn't a hit for me. As far as moisturizing goes, I think it does a good job. I put it on one night when I had chapped lips, and when I woke up the next morning they were smooth again. I really love the sheer green color because it reminds me of Enid Coleslaw from Ghost World. :P I also adore the packaging because it's so chunky and quirky. Sadly though, the balm smells and tastes AWFUL to me. When I put it on, I get a really bad, "chemical-y" taste on my tongue. It smells gross and artificial, too. It's a shame because if it wasn't for the smell and taste, I think it would be a great product!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by KennyR

It smells horrible after some days using it something like chemicals, you can feel the smell in your throat, literally it makes me sick, I get stomachache every time I use it. I like the colours they look so natural but my lips are dryer than before. I am no picky with makeup specially with the cheap one but I cant handle this. Definitely I won't use them again. I bought the four colours!!! I don't want to use them anymore, my stomach wouldn't resist

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by LipGlossAndCookies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this lip balm in Strawberry and Cherry. Overall they are great lip balms that look really nice and are perfect for everyday use. And they only cost $2.99 at 5 Below!

Strawberry- Smells really good. Looks like a nice light pink on lips. This one, like the cherry, tastes bad. The taste is probably because it is SPF 15, which I don't think is necessary. But it does look very pretty.

Cherry- Smells like cherry popsicles. It is sort of artificial, though. It looks very bright red, which is very nice. This balm is very smooth on my lips, and never dries up my skin.

The packaging definitely could have been improved. It was cute, but highly unpractical. Whenever you would put the clear casing on the balm in a rush, it would chip off the balm, wasting it. You have to be EXTREMELY careful.

:D

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Bree727

Pros: Pretty color, smooth, feels good putting on, semi-moisturizing.
Cons: Thin and very wet- leaving my lips not totally mositurized, and has a really gross after taste in your mouth no matter the color/flavor you buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by helwa88

I have the watermelon one. I love it. Very moisturizing. My lips stay moist for about 2 hours without drink or food which is a whole lot better than the over hyped EOS lip balms.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

I got this in cherry. Lovely sheer color. Classic cough syrup cherry flavor. Very soft, slightly waxy feel. But it doesnt last long and it transfers like nothing else. Guess thats why its cheap.