December 18, 2014 | 1822 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Eden

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by faithlov3

I've oily combination skin and putting on a primer and liquid foundation will last me 2-3 hours before the shine comes through, so I've been reading up on setting powders before finally deciding to try NARS Eden and it's quickly become one of my HG make-up products.

Love that there's no noticeable fragrance and the powder is so finely milled. I lightly buff the setting powder in with a kabuki brush after my liquid foundation sets and it helps my make up stay fresh and matte a full 12-13 hours on a cool day, or about 6-7 hours on a hot and humid day. I don't need to use a whole lot of product either, just a little goes a long way. It gives a fresh, flawless look and helps even out any uneven skin tone that my foundation fails to cover at times. LOVE it!

The product is definitely value for money and after using it for 2 months, I barely made a dent in it, looks like it will last me more than a year. The packaging is nice and sleek but so not travel friendly as the powder tends to spill out of the box, I've transferred some of the powder into a smaller container for travel use.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by lucyjade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I was a finishing powder virgin until I tried this product. I've only had this product for 3 weeks - was unsure whether to buy this one or the MAC one but decided to give this one a go as it was recommended by a friend. I have to be fair, I'm very impressed with the sheer quantity of product which NARS give you, I've never thought that they have been over generous with makeup, however this powder will definately last a good year - even with everyday use.
I have a seriously oily face which is prone to breakouts and am an NC25 - I have to be honest and say that this product does go on amazing and stays that way for about 4 hours which is great for me, before I touch up with the MAC blotting powder. It doesn't go on 'cakey', and once it has been applied, you can't really see that it has colour in it. It does give a lovely finish, and makes my skin very soft which is always a bonus.
As others mentioned, the packaging is pretty horrific. When it arrived it has already started to leak, however I read another review and they recommended pouring some product into the lid and swirling your brush about - thanks to whoever said that because thats the best way of doing it!
As to whether I'm willing to pay 26.50 again.. I'm still undecided.. I may try other products.. x x x

**UPDATE** - guys give this one a miss. After a few months of using this (just hit August) this will make your face turn orange after a couple of hours. Not attractive as you can imagine! The mac one is a lot better, and although you don't get as much product, it's cheaper and you don't have to rock the orangutan look after a couple of hours! x

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay.. so i have acne prone & oily skin. This product is pretty much the BEST LOOSE POWDER i have ever used. I've used.. Bare Minerals, Laura Mercier, Make up Forever, Maybelline -- & this loose powder is by far the BEST one i've ever used. .. my skin still gets oily through out the day but not SUUUPER oily, it keeps it matte for a veryyy long time (depending on the weather). I love how there's so much product (: .. it'll be lasting me a while! I love the color too! =) YAY .. will def be repurchasing, if i don't run across a better loose powder! <3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I swapped for this but probably won't purchase it when I run out. Eden is a good match for my skintone, but I'm not sure that this powder is any different from any of the ones I've used previous from Bare Escentuals, Everyday Minerals or Sonia Kashuk. Also, the packaging is horrendous - loose powder products are messy as it is but I wish there was some way to contain this powder. The sifter thing is pretty useless to me, and I ended up transferring the powder to a screwtop jar. The black NARS container is cute and I'll probably use it to store small knicknacks, but for loose powder it's a nightmare.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Danielaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'll start with a bit about myself, I Have acne prone, sensitive, combination skin. I use liquid foundations and loose powders to set and bring around a pressed powder for touch ups seeing as NARS loose powder has less then desirable packaging. NARS eden is beautiful and warm and will not make your face look 'powdery' or 'cakey' when applied softly. I apply this after primer/ foundation/concealer and it does a nice job at setting the makeup and looking natural. I regretfully tried Laura Mercier's translucent powder looking to upgrade but it was awful and my makeup was creasing and smudging off. NARS loose powders are far superior to Laura Mercier's for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by DDGattina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Years ago a very perceptive Makeup artist with Nars at Saks in SF did me a great favor. During a consultation, he picked up on the fact that I'm basically a non-user, so he didn't try to get me to try much at all. But he said the ONE product I should try was the Nars loose powder in Eden, and just use it on my nose or Tzone to even out color. ( He also suggested eyeliner and a sheer lip color...that was it, because he said "you won't use anything else, will you?")

This brilliant guy was entirely right. Nars Loose Powder in Eden is H++++G. It tones down any redness (or shine, if you have it). It's sheer and easy to apply, and the most natural looking powder I've tried (and I have tried quite a few high-end alternatives). Blended properly it just looks like skin, but better and more even. I put a tiny amount in a clean lip gloss pot, and apply it with my (clean) finger. It's the best. Nothing else seems to meet the sheer/light BUT color correcting standard of Nars.

The container seems to last forever, so even at the price, it's dirt cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by munchkinhead

The packaging is very pretty and you get a cute powder puff however this loose powder is very cakey and looks like threatre make up, i can see this lasting a very long time. Use sparingly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of the few times I give the packaging a 1. Despite of the great finely milled powder and generous amount/affordable price, the packaging is a nightmare. But this is easily countered, just get a new sifter or use an old one from other brand, and its all good to go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is so beautiful. Two things I love about it: I have extremely oily skin from using benzoyl peroxide to clear up my skin and I can say for the first time I have found a powder that will actually soak it up! If you love the fresh feeling your skin has when you first put on your makeup but dread getting the oily nasty feeling you should try this because it literally absorbs all the oil for hours on end. I just worked for 8 hours and my makeup is actually fresh and clean looking. I did have to dab midday but only very lightly and it was not necessary like it usually is for me. I'm not sure how it works but somehow it does! Second, I lovvvvve the color, it is so natural and perfect and absolutely zero oxidization! this is usually hard to come by for me because my face heats up and gets redness very easily but there is no change in the color. The color you put on is the color it stays! It almost looks like I'm not wearing face makeup at all. I was happy when i purchased it because the lady at sephora told me this is her favorite powder and she has never found any other! Her skin looked so gorgeous as well. I had to actually get this shade at nordstroms. eden is a perfect match for my beige pinkish yellow skin. I'm half asian and half white so i have both tones and this just looks perfect. I also love the huge box it comes in because you can tap your brush on the side without losing any powder. So glad i got this!

***edit: I take it down a lippy bc too much redness shows through when I wear this powder. I still like the oil absorption though.

***re-edit, back up a lippy because it has lasted me almost a year now I think? And I never have problems with redness anymore so I don't know what I was talking about. I love this powder and will continue to purchase on and on again. Also so great for setting under-eye concealer!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Lenna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hated it! I have a little less than perfect skin. I think this powder is ok if you have great skin and dust a little on. I wear liquid foundation and then usually use a powder to get a more flawless look and this powder did not do this. it's a little too translucent for me. I found my skin looked a little uneven in color (oxidation maybe...) and I believe it accentuated my pores and imperfections. I returned the product and bought T. Leclerc and am LO-VING it! The latter is very pricey but sooo worth it! p.s. I even find Marcelle loose powder better than NARS and it's a fraction of the price. But T. Leclerc...my goodness....it stands alone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No