September 17, 2014 | 951 users online

Shampoo - Victoria's Secret - So Sexy Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Nerds99

This review is on the Protect & Revive, which is the shampoo for color-treated hair. I used some of the other So Sexy shampoos back in the day, and I was excited to find a sulfate-free version, so that my color won't fade so fast (especially since I use demi-permanent color). I've only used this a few times, so I'll post my experience so far and update if things change.

Upon my first use, I noticed how thick this shampoo is. It produces an AWESOME amount of lather. Seriously, it's comparable to Pureology in that respect. The bottle describes the fragrance as "light and fresh," but I have to say that IMHO, that's not the case. The fragrance is very bold and lingers, literally for days. I'd describe it as a rich, complex, sophisticated floral scent. You definitely need to use a conditioner with this shampoo; my hair feels a bit dry after rinsing. The conditioner is rich, thick and very hydrating, though not as softening as others I've used. I follow up with the So Sexy detangling spray, which is a very fine mist and, in all honesty, doesn't really detangle all that well lol. But, it adds extra fragrance and softness to my hair, and helps it become more smooth and reflective. I blowdry my hair upside down with a round brush, then straighten it with a flat iron, and my hair soft, smooth and very shiny. My fiance loves the fragrance. I honestly will have to change it up every once in a while because I could totally see the scent getting to be too much after a while. I want to try the smoothing shampoo next. All in all, I could see myself using this line for a while. As I mentioned before, the results are very similar to what I get with Pureology, for a LOT less money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got this Shampoo and the conditioner in travel size as part of a gift set. I have since bought the normal sized bottles of the shampoo and the conditioner twice. Really hydrates my hair, leaves it soft, silky and shiny...and the best part is the fragrance which lingers on ur hair till the next shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by spiritedastray

Sadly, as much as I wanted to love this, it just doesn't work out for me. I loved it the first few times I used it - My hair felt soft, looked sexy, and smelled amazing! But it didn't last. My hair usually stays pretty clean and I only need to wash it every other day, but after a little while of using VS So Sexy shampoo, I realized that my hair was becoming oily and needed to be washed every day to look clean. Soon after, even washing it every day wasn't working. I realized that this shampoo was causing lots of buildup on my hair. I tried using this in combination with clarifying shampoo every few washes, but over time, it just wasn't worth it. Once the bottle ran out, I decided not to buy it again. It smells incredible and does make hair look and feel nice at first, but for me, caused way too much buildup and made my hair look oily after a few weeks of use. No good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Lenny1979

Well, no surprise, I'm a MAN ! And I LOVE this VS Product, it's great ! I have jet-black curly hair with salt & pepper, but just a little..:) and this product makes my hair shine, shine, SHINE ! Love the scent, love the results, and if I had never tried this at my Friend's Home, I'd never know how good it was, well done ! Bye all...;)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by chrispookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is nothing compared to the conditioner! I don't like the fact that it doesn't foam a lot, even when I add water. I'm about halfway through the bottle and still haven't noticed any smell. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but it made my wavy hair (which has very light waves) wavier.
It's just an okay shampoo...I wouldn't buy it again, I prefer drugstore shampoos over this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Katers915

This shampoo smell absolutely amazing, but unfortunately isn't the best for thick hair. I had to re-lather a few times to get my whole scalp, and even then I did not get an overall clean feeling. If you love the smell, try the So Sexy hairspray, but skip the shampoo!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by butterbabe

I first encountered this shampoo when my ex's mom got me a sample size. I love how my hair smells with this shampoo. The scent lasts the whole day. It gives enough hydration to my dry/damaged hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by nikkivel

I use the hydrating one and it works wonderfully. Smells really good too and helps keep my hair from getting dry. My scalp tends to get really dry with most shampoo's but this one keep it from flaking. It also is inexpensive

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by laurindm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am a beauty product junkie...hair products, makeup, and skincare. I am always on the lookout for another product even better than the best I've found in each category. This is my go-to shampoo and conditioner. I cannot say enough good things about it. I get compliments on the smell all the time. It's weird, though, b/c it's subtle. My ex was allergic to and HATED all perfumes and scented lotions but absolutely loved the way my hair smelled. He could still smell it on my pillow when I wasn't there. Don't just go by the smell in the bottle...you've got to try it in your hair! Besides the scent, it actually works better than most shampoos I've tried.
For reference, I have very light, ash blonde, color-treated hair. It's thick, coarse and slightly wavy. I straighten and/or curl/wave it regularly. I use the VS shampoo for normal hair, because I think it works best and the smell lingers longest. However, I often use the more moisturizing conditioner. I also use many of the styling products. I love the beach waves and wave enhacers for the days I want to let my unruly hair go natural. I occasionally use a deep conditioner from other brands, but I think everyone that colors their hair should do that to keep it soft. I also use SilkySexyHair Frizz Eliminator on my dry hair on those days it needs a little help. It doesn't interfere with the VS smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells great and the smell lingers in my hair for hours but it underperformed. It makes my hair feel so dry and brittle. It also makes my head itch after a few hours. And worst of all, I started getting a very itchy rash on my stomach of all places. I didn't know what was causing the rash but as soon as I stopped using this, the rash just totally disappeared. Don't ask how shampoo can cause a rash there but it did happen. I think it's the fragrance that I am allergic to. My body is allergic to some products with a very strong fragrance but I took a chance with this anyways. Rash or no rash, the product is terrible anyways.