December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Sunscreen - Ocean Potion - SPF 50 Sunscreen

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by cindy007

For the last two weeks I have been using this product on my face as I have been too cheap to buy more facial sunscreen. I think I'm just going to keep on using this stuff.

It is highly moisturizing and I am in love with the smell. It just reminds me of surfboards. And the California coast, like that desert sand hits the water kind of look you see in Santa Monica beach.

But besides that, it has not irritated my facial skin in any way and hey, it has spf 50 in it so you know its protecting your skin. And it has not burned my eyes in any way and a lot of them do if they leak in there. Also, so far no breakouts of any kind. It is a little greasy, so I wait a while to put on some powder after I apply it. I always wear face powder, and a little concealer under my eyes, but no foundation.

If you have really acne prone skin it might not be for you to use on the face. Perhaps more for a little dryer skin. Its not like it has a ton of vitamins and stuff in it, its not a treatment, but it is a great sunscreen and I'm going going to keep on going on this stuff until the giant bottle runs out. And then I'll get more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by carodoo

This has become my favorite sunblock. I bought this in Hawaii because I can't seem to find it at my local drugstores but I'm sure you can purchase it online as well. I really like that it is paraben free because then I can use it on my face without breaking out as most sunblocks cause me to. The smell is absolutely amazing as well and the bottle is sturdy and firm so it doesn't flop all over the place. It claims to be anti-aging, but it'll take years to notice that and it says it's water/sweat resistant but I still recommend putting it on when you come out of the ocean/water. Overall, a great sunscreen that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and prevented me from getting sun burnt.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by anasofie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like many others, I was desperately searching for a nice, lightweight sunscreen with a high SPF..which did not leave me smelling like a coconut all day !!! Why do MOST sunscreen always smell the same ?
Anyhow, this sunscreen smells awesome, works great, and goes on smoothly. It's not thick and gooey like many other sunscreens.

I still prefer a thick, mineral-based sunscreen with zinc oxide and titsnuim oxide for days when I'm out in the hot sun all day long ! But for lightweight, good sunscreen for daily use, I LOVE this sunscreen !!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by MutedDragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Update: The sensitive sunscreen has no smell! Will repurchase now.
The orange creamsicle / Apple Jack smell is distracting and doesn't fade for a several hours for me. When I tried to reapply it on top of already dried-on sunscreen, it crumbled the way Aveeno . I also figured that 1.5 hours of swimming is too much for it since I very noticeably tanned and was slightly sun burnt. Perhaps I should have gotten the Sport version.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Laura0414

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love everything about this sunblock.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by s55565

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, wow, wow...this product is incredible! It goes on smoothly, isn't greasy at all, is water resistant and has a great texture, and smells like creamsicles! I want to use it as an everyday sunscreen on my face and my hands because I drive a ton and am worried about aging. I'm 25, and want to use preventative measures! I'll change this if I end up changing my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by sara_smiles426

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I live in Texas, and the sun in the summer is unbearable, so sunblock is an asolute must. This one is absolutely lovely! It smells nice, it moisturizes, I don't hate the finish , its cheap, its easy to find ( its at every Walmart in my area) and the container is big enough to last for awhile. I stock up in the summer so I can stay protected all year long!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by LisMo9

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

We picked this up while on vacation in Hawaii and it was instant love. The sunscreen goes on like a nice thick body lotion and smells great. So I feel like I'm defending my body from a sunburn and from dry skin that results in being in the sun all day. I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by girlwithcurioushair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Usually I prefer natural products, but when I'm at the beach or in a hurry, this sunscreen is convenient and effective. The texture is ideal in my opinion; creamy without being too thick. It rubs it very easily and smells nice. They have the usual variations such as anti-aging, sensitive skin and baby, but the ingredients are virtually identical.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by minimartha

I am in love with this sunscreen. I use to use the blue bottle SPF 30 and changed over to SPF 50 in the purple bottle. I use this year round and I love it. I use it daily but never on my face, for my face I use Neutrogena Age Shield. I like the fact that it glides on easily and absorption is quick to boot! The smell isn't bad. It is full of anti oxidant vitamins like A, C and E which is great if you want to fight aging! This is my HG sunblock and I highly recommend it.