September 23, 2014 | 889 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Clearasil - Adult Care Tinted Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by lowcapacityx

This product is awesome if you're single and sleep alone at night. Why? Because this stuff reeks (and well, you're just plain evil making your significant other suffer the horrible smell with you) even if you put the smallest amt on your face. It's terrible, really but it works. I bought this at CVS for 5-6 dollars which isn't that bad since it does last a long time. Less is more because if you use too much not only will you face smell but it will COMPLETELY DRY OUT YOUR FACE. Which isn't something you want to deal with. If you're desperate enough which most of us acne suffers are--you'll use this. I use this during the night after cleansing and moisturizing my face as a spot treatment. It reminds me a lot of the mario badescu skin care just w/o the separation.

The tint itself...is weird. It's like a pink-ish calamine type of color which doesn't really match anyone's skin type. So I wouldn't suggest using this during the day time or out in public. People will notice you and not for the right reasons.

My suggestion is that you could definitely skip this product just because it's not really worth the hassle of making your whole bed spread smelling like sulfur. It's actually not as inviting as you might want to believe. There are other products out there that will work just as well if not better without the smell. But try it if you DARE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is sort of a wonderproduct for the kind of acne I have. As a teen I never had acne. Mid-20s I started getting a lot. I usually have small bumps on my forehead, often get zits in my T zone, not scarring cystic type. Since I started using this the only times I really break out are when I forget to put this on! This is NOT a tinted moisturizer, it is an acne treatment, so don't let the weird classification here turn you off the product!

The thing that is appealing about this product is that unlike Benzoyl Peroxide creams, this won't bleach absolutely everything you own.

So I put this on at night, at the end of my skincare. I put a thin layer over my forehead, chin, and next to my nose. Then I go stand under a light and if there are any emerging bumps, put an extra dab of this on them. In the morning the bumps are almost always gone. I've bought 4 tubes of this, I can't really do my skincare without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by galactic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This smells like Satan. I'm not going to lie and tell you it's a tolerable smell of daisies and acne medication, because it's not. It's absolutely terrible and it smells something I imagine a French lady of the night wears to hide the stank of sulfur. That being said though, it works.

I refuse to wear this out, or anywhere near people because of the smell, but if I'm having a particularly bad time with my adult acne (not hormonal acne, just crappy mid-20s skin), I'll wash and exfoliate really well, moisturize and wait, then apply this before bed and by the time I get up in the morning everything is groovy. Then I have to scrub the smell off, but it's whatever. By morning the smell is barely there. Or I'm used to it by then, idk.

I'd recommend it if you have flair ups of cystic acne maybe a couple times a week or less (like meeee), but I can't imagine ever wanting to wear this on a daily basis.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryAfterglow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product frustrates me so much. It doesn't calm or reduce my hormonal breakouts or clogged pores, yet I keep buying it! It's inexpensive and the CVS near my house always has it in stock, and when I apply it, it keeps me from picking at my skin, so maybe that's why I continue to use it. But the alcohol in it is irritating, and the glyceryl stearate and isopropyl myristate are highly comedogenic, so I really need to toss it in the trash and move on! My easily clogged, oily, sensitive, slightly dehydrated skin deserves better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by jetsetterr

I give it 3 but I'd still buy it again, just cause it didn't make me break out, which is ALWAYS a plus for me cause I break out easily. Well, I used it a lot in high school and it seemed to work better on me then. Tried it again recently... still works kinda, just not as effectively. I'm also very very fair, and I look super orange after applying this, so I really only use it at night. I guess if you have a darker, sunnier tone to your skin, maybe this would help reduce the appearance of acne while also fighting it. Anyway, Clearasil typically is an okay brand for me, doesn't make me break out, just not as quick as it used to be for me. Still a brand I trust though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by wendlemg302

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow...cleared my skin in less than 5 days!! Sorry for long review that follows but the Clearasil products have simply been so great and have made such a huge improvement in my skin and confidence that I needed to give them credit :) Had huge monthly hormone related cyst and this product decreased swelling and reddness in 2 days (you know the the kind that are so large your side profile looks different). I have always loved Proactiv--especially the mask which contains sulphur to help decrease inflammation and redness. Simply will not use Proactiv now because I dislike not being able to purchase in my local drugstore. Read Rodan and Fields book and followed their recs. Been using the adult tinted cream at night for reducing redness (also great at controlling oil production). I use the Clearasil Daily Clear Oil Free Cleanser which helps prevent dryness yet exfoliate w/o scrubbing (great for redness prone sensitive adult acne sufferers). During the day I use the BPO 10% daily clear cream--if skin feels dry I skip that morning. For moisturizer I stick to the classics-- Olay sensitive w/o SPF at night, Olay sensitive w/ broad spectrum SPF for day (always remember the neck and chest). Cheap...effective....convenient purchasing. Best of all I am down to simply using Origins Silk Screen Powder on face not medium coverage foundation, spot concealer, and then the Silk Screen. Saves me time in the morning because the products have worked so well! Smell is not great but product works so well I will keep using--use at night to get around it. Def try! Finally a drugstore regime that works-- my HG at last:)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by momshell88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though I gave this product 3 lippies I said I would still buy again... I had read great things about this cream so I was excited to try it. When I went searching for it I had to go to 3 different stores and finally found it at CVS. I was actually happy about that, if it's flying off the shelves everywhere, must be a good product right? My review...

It DOES help get rid of those stubborn acne bumps. For me it didnt happen overnight, but after the 2nd night of application the bump (s) were almost non existent. Definitely gone by day 3. So that's great.

the smell is pretty strong, doesnt bother me a whole lot, but i can see how it could deter someone from purchasing again.

price isnt terrible,about $5-$6. but its a small tube. however, you dont need a lot of product, so it will probably last a while.

and the reason i deducted 2 lippies (and this is huge for me) i wear foundation almost everyday. alot of reviewers recommended using this product under makeup to help "speed up" results....you could definitely tell where this was applied on my face. not by the color, but it left my face so dry in the places applied it showed right through my moisturizer, hydrating primer, and foundation. huge disappointment. so primary use is definitely at night before bed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its not a tinted moisturizer. I used for spot treatments and it works decently.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Edit 8/20/11: Why is this in the tinted moisturizers category? This is an acne spot treatment!
Wow, where has this been all my life? Ok I may be talking too soon but I used this on and off for the past few days and it really does work! I had the beginnings of what I knew was going to be a very stubborn pus filled zit going on next to my nose. I applied this stuff diligently after reading online how good this stuff works for whiteheads, applying it in the morning, afternoon, evening, and before bed. The next night I look in the mirror and its gone. Completely gone, as in no mark left behind. I'm not sure how useful this would be if you have a bad breakout every week, but for the few pimples some people get per week (like me) this stuff should work just fine!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by taya786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this from the dollar store fir 2.00.
I had it for about 3 months but forgot about it and never used it.I'm 28 and don't get very much acne .. But when I di get breakouts they are huge and feel really hard under the skin.. It takes about 7-10 days to come up and clear away.. So yesterday I had 2 huge cystic pimples and was thinking what to use for them when u saw this laying around.. I cleansed my skin with neutrogena clear bar , and applied this to the acne rubbing it completely into the skin.. I felt a tingling sorta itchy feeling.. But my pimple looked less red and the area was matte, didn't really add any sort of tint.. Also I applied neutrogena anti wrinkle night cream which I love.. So I just woke up and I can't believe it my pimples are way smaller and will def be gone by tomorrow yay..
I deff recommend this to anyone , but when trying any new product always becareful and apply a tiny amount to see if it works for your skin.. What works for some may not work for others.. But if this works for u .. U would be amazed .. Good luck:))