December 22, 2014 | 1379 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Wet shine Ballet on Ice

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2008 10:30:00 AM More reviews by dancer56

A good natural nail polish. I use this for french manicures or for a very subtle look. It leaves your nails looking like themselves but better. It's also very shiny, almost wet-looking, so you don't need a clear topcoat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 7:51:00 PM More reviews by 16stars

My favorite pale pink. I originally started using this years ago, when my sister would french manicure my nails for me. I used it then, and im glad they still have it so that I can still use it now.

With a careful hand, in two coats, youll wind up with streak-free almost wet looking nails. Follow with a clear top coat and youre done!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by inga_inga

I absolutely love this polish! 2 coats are never streaky, dry fast and last up to 2 weeks. I'm on my second bottle right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by 867_5309

Yes the 2nd coat streaks. One coat is all I really need. I am going to try out more WETSHINE polishes b/c I love the finish of this--it's very shiny, you really don't need a topcoat.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by PissyMissy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

with 2 coats you'll see streaks if you're not careful. (one lippie off) 2 coats are OK in a hurry, but with a 3rd, its a very creamy light pink. I love it because its cheap, shiny and dries fast. Normally a 3rd coat on my nails is a goopy disaster, but not with this polish. I'm on my 3rd bottle. I'll buy it over Essie pinks any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2006 4:28:00 AM More reviews by kasper01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On my third bottle of Ballet on Ice. I'm still looking for a favorite or "signature" neutral nail color but I highly recommend having this one on hand if you're a fan of subtle nail color.

*Note: Too many coats is a disaster but one or two light coats results in a sheer, subtle look. Looks great as part of or even over a french manicure (or to take the edge off overly white french acrylics).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2006 6:50:00 PM More reviews by jc118

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely, light nail polish that you can wear anywhere. It has a subtle pinkish colour and great shine for the first few days. it can come out a little streaky though if you don't apply carefully. I'm onto my 2nd bottle and will buy again if that runs out

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

There's really not much left to say but that it's a nice color and good quality. I used this when I'm taking a break from my more vibrant colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this off and on for about a year. I was traveling and had forgotten to pack any polish so I headed to a local Target. I needed an almost-nude color for a dressy event and since I've always had good luck with Maybelline polishes in the past I chose this one. As other reviewers have said, you need to be careful with the second coat or it might be milky/streaky but even if it does that rather fades as it dries. The result is a shiny but very subtle your-nails-but-better gloss. I don't wear it day to day but it has become a dress-up staple. Also, this bottle is a year old and has not degraded in quality or gotten thick or anything to that effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2004 7:37:00 AM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I keep coming back to this light pink polish. I use it for dressy occasions as one of my french manicure colors, or I quickly apply a coat to make my nails a little fancier. One coat is a perfect nude glossy pink...more than that can tend to look a little streaky or too milky for my tastes.