November 26, 2014 | 1524 users online

Conditioner - Redken - Fresh Curls Conditioner [DISCONTINUED]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This conditioner is just so bad that...I don't even know, it's as if there are no words. I have naturally wavy/curly-ish hair (2a/2b), but I recently got a perm and I wanted to use a shampoo and conditioner that would really enhance my curls. What a mistake this purchase was! The shampoo is just meh, but the conditioner is an absolute embarrassment. I have fine hair to begin with, and this does nothing as far as detangling is concerned. After rinsing, my hair doesn't feel smooth or conditioned at all. It just feels rough and damaged and unhealthy. Gross, and a total waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by jenngjt

I'd recommend it for people looking to tighten their curls with ease, esp if you've had a less than perfect perm job with the various technology out there. For me, I found it works beautifully when you use this with a hair oil regime (apply oil on hair before shampoo).I get lovely moisturized well-defined curls after!

Would I buy it again? YES, YES!

Pro: great defined curls
Con: dumb packaging, huge bottle with no pump & I had to lift up heavy bottle and tilt it each time w the flip cap.

Here's my detailed review based on usage over 2 periods of different hair condition:

1st period: as my hair had a good perm job (i.e. strong curls that look like they'd stay), the ringlets became stronger and bouncier.

2nd period: a new salon did a less-than-fantastic perm job, my curls are not as tight and look like wouldn't last. I was curling them w my fingers while blowdrying in order to get a nice look, otherwise they look wavy or messy. Now, this product really helps make my curls look better than the stylist had given me. And I lost less hair as I no longer had to twirl them around my fingers when they're wet.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by tboctor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great shampoo + conditioner. My natural hair is fairly wavy, frizzy and shapeless. Been using this for about 2 years. Recently started using it in combination with the Redken Ringlet Perfector cream. Now I always get comments on my ringlets :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by pappish5

I have naturally wavy hair that is highlighted which means very dry hair. I have used this for about a month and my hair hasn't looked this good for a long time. I comb this thru my hair in the shower with a wide tooth comb. It moisturizes my hair without weighing it down. The smell is a little strong but it doesn't last very long.
I will keep buying this unless I find something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by misseattle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not good. I had such high hopes for this after reading reviews. My hair is thin, dried out, very long and naturally curly. My main problem is tangles, and I thought this would be good for that, but it really made the problem worse. After working through the tangles, I saw absolutely no difference in the shape or quality of my curls. I ended up returning both the shampoo and conditioner to the salon. The only thing I would say this has going for it is the smell, which is nice and clean. But for the price, small quanity and no result, this was a rip-off.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Fearnotsomuch

This is my go to routine (shampoo and conditioner) for days I plan to wear my hair curly. It defines my waves and curls and doesn't weigh down my mostly fine hair at all. I find I definitely still need some product to reduce frizz, but that is always a necessity.

With that said, I cannot use the fresh curls s/c combo very frequently. It does dry my hair out with too many repeated uses. I alternate it with more moisturizing conditioners.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to wait until I finished the bottle, but I'm halfway done with it, so I figured I'd go ahead and write a review now.

I decided to go ahead and pay for Redken since I heard the brand is good. The one thing I don't like about Redken, though, is that they give you less conditioner for a higher price. It's also smaller than what you'd get at a drugstore (I know, its supposed to be higher quality, blahblah), but its not a deal breaker because... well, that'll be at the end of the review :)
So moving on to the review. The smell of this isn't as strong as the shampoo, or refiner, but it smells clean with a hint of baby powder. I'm not a fan of it personally, but its not a bad small by any means. The consistency of this is luquidy, like V05 conditioner (even Suave is thicker!). Its good for working it through your hair, but annoying because it could waste & they give too little product to be wasting! Anyway, it is easy to work through your hair. It doesn't coat the hair, so its kind of like, "Did I use enough?" but I just assume that I did. It rinses out easily, which I like. It doesn't detangle as much as other conditioners, but it still detangles, not that I was left with tangles from the shampoo.

The shampoo & conditioner claim to change the texture of your hair (maybe not that /exactly/ but its supposed to improve the texture). I honestly can vouch for that, which is why I gave this a 4 instead of a 3. My hair is thick & curly (I have biracial hair), but its not coarse. I'd consider it medium texture & the strands are slightly thicker, but not thick. With this shampoo & conditioner, it has shrunk the size of my strand & smooth[ed?] it out. Granted sometimes my hair will be "finer" some days, this makes it consistent.

As for performance, its iffy. I like that it makes my curls look nice; it controls them & makes them clump into ringlets/curls nicely (I've never had problem with curl formation, but this makes them look better). It makes my hair feel okay, but it doesn't really moisturize well. This doesn't dry my hair out by any means, but sometimes I expect it to be a little more moisturized. It does make my hair soft though. This also gives me bumps on my scalp. Nothing to freak out about, they're VERY scarce & rare, but I NEVER get bumps on my head (okay, maybe once every few months), but I have a bump on my head every week, if not, every other week. It's not bad at all, I don't even consider to stop using the product its so minute(?), but I wanted to write it on my review.

I said that I would repurchase, even though its a bit pricey for what it does & the amount they give you. There are always sales or coupons at Ulta or JCPenny's (the two places where I get my salon products), so its not a total bank killer, but I still feel that it should perform better than what it does. Nonetheless, I would still recommend it to people.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by katana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have relatively thin hair strands, but loads and loads of them. I got the shampoo and conditioner in huge salon-sized bottles, and have been using them for almost a year now. At first I used them exclusively, but have found that they work best when I alternate with other products. I agree with the reviewer who said this line dries your hair a bit over time - so in the beginning it might seem perfect, but after a while you might notice a need to deep condition more than you used to. The solution for me is alternating - and used maybe two times a week I feel like it actually rids my hair of build-up from conditioners and masks. So I'll repurchase, but prefere using this with at least on other line.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by helicopter99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not too thin, not too thick, feels nice on the head, rinses clean, left my hair soft and smooth and easy to define waves and curls. This has coconut oil in it, which my hair loves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

after 1st use it is great. defined my curls into ringlets! not too thick or drying. LOVE!