October 21, 2014 | 1612 users online

Liquid - Avon - Perfect Wear All Day Comfort Liquid Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Himelily8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom bought this founation and the shade she got was too light for her skin so she gave it to me. I was extremely happy because it was my first foundation and when I first applied it, I found the texture to be a bit thick and on my face when there wasn't too much sunlight it looked almost flawless. Buuut, I went to an induction ceremony and unfortunately I didn't realize how awful, cakey, flaky, everything looked, my cheeks get red when I'm nervous and embarrassed and instead of helping cover it up, instead it just looked like I was in the circus. I'm now looking for new liquid foundations for acne prone skin, and I also think this product might of caused me to breakout and ugh. Never again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation has a mind of its own like literally. Some days applies good and looks.... decent, just decent,never fabulous... I guess decent is as far as you can go with this, and some other days looks just horrible. I have a friend who always tells me " oh u dont have to spend so much in make up.. its make up its all the same..." and in some points shes right but when it comes to foundation Ive never found a cheep foundation that is REALLY good. Revlon for example has some good foundations but they re just good never fabulously flawless ! This one has an ugly scent a weird texture almost creamy that on me at least doesnt always apply effortless and evenly. Has decent coverage not foul by any means but you can get a good medium coverage from this. its lasting power is ok and the shade selection limited but decent. Every time i use this i have the feeling that im using a cheep and second class product I would never buy it again but i ll use it up maybe on weekends when I m staying in....

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by kegrilovessmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using Perfect Wear for a long time... And I've finally come to the realization what a mistake that was. If I hadn't become so pale (no matching shade for pale yellow-olive), I would have never realized why I won't use this anymore. This foundation has FANTASTIC coverage, it covered everything I needed it to... But after I stopped using it... I realized that everything I needed to be covered was clearing up! It wasn't the worst... A lot of uneveness, some regular zits, and every once in a while a cystic giant. I thought my face was so awful due to having a baby... But no, it was the Perfect Wear =( It did last all day, had to re-touch at lunch... By the end of the day my face was greasy and heavy feeling. I can't believe I used this for so long! Yeah, it covered everything up, but it was the reason I had stuff to cover up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

* PROS
- Light coverage, medium at best. I wear Nivea tinted moisturiser underneath and Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder on top.
- Very light, did not feel cakey at all! In fact it felt like it wasn't even there.
- Doesn't transfer. This always used to be a problem with tinted moisturiser.
- Colour is quite versatile. We have it in Porcelain and both my sister and I use it - she's pale and I'm rather tanned, but this works on us both.
- It has built in primer, I think. It applies smoothly and once dry, you can barely tell I have foundation on unless you're right up to my face.

* CONS
- The squeeze bottle is a bit annoying, the hole where the product comes out is TINY and easy to get clogged. And when you squeeze hard, thinking it's never going to come out, a whole blob spurts out and it's impossible to get it back IN the bottle.
- Can't see through the bottle so I have no idea how much is left.
- I can imagine when I near the end of the bottle I'm going to have trouble getting the rest out without cutting the whole thing open.
- Mediocre lasting power.
- Coverage isn't as high as I would like. I need concealer with this foundation.

EDIT: I'm dropping this down 2 lippies. Reason being, I realised when I applied it at my mirror, my indoor lights were making me *look* good so I thought this foundation gave great coverage. I've now realised that my skin actually looked *terrible* in the sunlight.
So, I've since started applying it next to my window using the sunlight, so I get pretty good coverage in the morning. Then 4 hours later I look into a mirror, and my skin looks just as unconcealed and oily as it does without foundation. Bad staying power!

OVERALL: My most important criteria in a foundation are coverage and lasting power balanced with price. I'm willing to give this foundation another chance, but for now I prefer Rimmel.

- - -

After much research on MUA I've concluded that the best rated (widely available) drugstore foundations are
(a) REVLON Colorstay at 72%, rated 3.9 by 1044 people,
(b) RIMMEL Lasting Finish at 76%, rated 3.9 by 275 people, and
(c) AVON Perfect Wear at 71%, rated 3.9 by 53 people.
I have bought all 3 and will be doing a comparison shortly.

AVON PERFECT WEAR vs RIMMEL LASTING FINISH
* COVERAGE - Avon is light/medium. I need at least 2 layers of Avon for full coverage, plus tinted moisturiser underneath and concealer on problem areas. Rimmel is medium/full. Very good coverage. No need for concealer, and I use the tinted moisturiser as a base anyway. / Winner: RIMMEL.
* FINISH - Avon has a very natural, undetectable, matte finish. Rimmel tends to have a cakey finish. I found it was easier to blend with my fingers than my brush with this one so maybe that's why it's detectable. Doesn't look very natural when you're up close to my face. A bit *too* matte. Also, it is STICKY. Not extremely disgustingly sticky, but uncomfortably I-can-definitely-feel-my-foundation sticky. / Winner: AVON.
* LASTING POWER - Avon barely lasted me til noon. I admit maybe it wasn't a fair test because I was using the product very sparingly. Rimmel is very good, haven't used it enough to conclude how many hours though. / Winner: RIMMEL.
* PRICE (in AUD) - Avon is very often on special. An example is $18 for the Perfect Wear foundation, mascara AND lipstick. The amount you get is '30g' (isn't it meant to be in ml?). Normal price is MUCH higher. Rimmel retails for $18, and often has specials. I got mine for $15. Comes in 1 fl oz or 30 ml. / Winner: TIE.
* PACKAGING - Both come in similar squeeze-out plastic tubes. Avon's tends to get clogged up and you can't see how much there is left. Rimmel's is very cluttered with words and looks unprofessional/cheap, but is see-through. Comes out easily. / Winner: RIMMEL.

- - -

EDIT: Returned Revlon Colorstay without testing it. I decided that (a) it wasn't worth the $38, (b) the finish was too matte and fake looking, and (c) there isn't a good colour match for me (medium, warm).

PRICE [3] $18+ AUD | PACKAGING [2] | REPURCHASE [no]

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by suziegurl88

i got this is in "ivory beige" it went on very pale,and thick,not good at all and the smell is disgusting

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ivanica90

I bought it because my dermatologist recomended me to buy this for my prom (first she said Vichy,but Avon perfect wear is about 4 times cheaper).LIke it! It has great coverage but it isn't too much heavy. But I don't use it often because it's not oil-free.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Lana86

this one has great coverage, but feels cakey and heavy on the skin. it is not so pretty at all, and i always felt that it was obvious that i wore makeup.
the packaging was ok, not pretty but practical.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by ktmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got the Avon Perfect Wear Extralasting Liquid Foundation in IVORY.

Pros:
-It does seem to last longish
-The color is a little strong, and it lasts a while, however the coverages isn't the best.

Cons:
-Biggest Con is this color does not match my skin tone. I have very pale skin and this looked yellow on me. I have a photo wearing this product, if you look under the nose you will see the yellow tone, and compare the neck to the face you will see what I mean. This is the reason I do not want to buy this again.
-It doesn't make your skin really smooth. Blemishes show through. Covergirl Advanced Radiance does a much better job- Although the lightest shade in that product is also too dark for me.
-The smell is a bit weird at first. It is a sweet flowery old-lady smell. However who cares if it works right? Also the smell goes away once you put it on.

Overall, I was not too enthralled with this product. Yeah it is definitely a better quality then your standard drugstore foundation because it goes on thicker and lasts longer, but it doesn't seem to do so great a job of smoothing out the skin.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by matx1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really like this and didn't expect to. L'Oreal Visible Lift Extra Coverage is discontinued, and this was the first try at a replacement. It does last all day (I do use a translucent powder to set it) and you can also use it as a concealer as well, since it is a bit thick. I bought the Ivory and it is an excellent color match especially since I shake it well before applying. The directions actually say to shake it before applying which I didn't do the first time and I almost wrote it off right then. I got it on special 2 for 11.00, so it was very reasonably priced.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by dcombs1

I bought this in 2 shades, nude and porcelain. I am light skinned with rosacea. The porcelain was very yellow, and the nude is not a bad shade for my coloring, it covers the redness pretty well, but it really really settles into lines and pores, accentuating them. Finishing with mineral powder combined with some sun kissed powder does help, but the results are only good for a few hours. I do not have oily skin, but do get some mid-day oil around my nose and the makeup just runs and looks horrible. As for the rest of my face it starts to crack around my pores and lines and I have to rub it with my fingers to smooth it out again which I have never had to do with any other foundation. It does come off on glasses even after over an hour of drying. I don't dare touch my face or let my collars near. Otherwise on initial application it does cover and blend well if you are quick. It does dry fast so blending one area at a time is a must.