The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Blemish Stick

2.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/13/2015 4:56:00 PM

I love all most all of the body shop products so for me this was a let down as it isn't very sanitary, the little brush you apply it with gets dirty very easily and if anything it made my break out worse and didn't clear them and I did try this product for a month and a bit but the results were not satisfying so I gave up and for the price it is quite a small product so quite disappointing

on 1/6/2015 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Great for spot treatments. I've used most of the tea tree line and while I've mostly been satisfied, all-over usage of the products can be overdrying. This is perfect for zapping a few zits here and there. The only drawback is that there isn't very much considering the price.

on 12/21/2014 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product because the rest of the tea tree line did wonders to my acne, but it was a huge let down. Firstly, the packaging isn't very hygienic so it can get dirty quite easily. This wasn't expensive, but it'll only last you about 3-4 uses. And there are no significant changes in my skin either. If you want to successfully clear acne quickly i definitely prefer the tea tree oil from The Body Shop over the blemish stick.

on 10/17/2014 3:17:00 AM

I got this for free when I bought a set of 2 TTO bottles from TFS but it does nothing. The quantity is almost non existent and i find it a bit unsanitary to be honest.
Don't buy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Soooo bad!!!!! Waste of money

on 9/25/2013 6:25:00 PM

I've used this product for years now and I think it's brilliant for getting rid of individual spots. I've must have bought about 7 times and had various ones around the house- actually really shocked at the crappy reviews. I put it on constantly, every hour and the spot fades by the night. I see a massive improvement. The one downside is that it runs out crazy fast and the little wands get so dirty. But worth the 6 pound it's the only product I've found to get rid of my spots!

on 8/4/2013 11:12:00 PM

This product isn't very sanitary. I purchased this when I was traveling, and i was getting more acne from lack of sleep. I decided to try this out, the employee told me that this would be great for my skin. It just made it worst, i had a small pimple below my nose and when i applied this at night, it just made my skin worst. It dried out my skin and it felt like it was working but it just made it worst. Won't be shopping at the body shop again

on 6/26/2013 7:07:00 PM

I have spots on my chin and forehead and I honestly thought this would help - if anything it made me BREAK OUT MORE ON MY CHIN!!! Terrible,terrible product. Didn't even last a week. I would not buy this again. It DID SLIGHTLY REDUCE A PAINFUL SPOT ON MY FOREHEAD BUT ONLY A LITTLE. I am so disappointed and upset. Didn't improve my acne at all. I thought since it was tea tree it would but it didn't at all. I am using the cleanser also but I have not been using it that long to tell whether it is a good or bad investment.
Very disappointed with the tea tree oil blemish stick :(

on 5/28/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

ATTENTION COLD-SORE-GETTERS: Don't buy this for outbreaks! Because the packaging allows for reapplication, you'll be trapping infection in the bottle and will make your fever blisters WORSE, and they'll keep coming back. Stick to Q-Tips and a bottle of straight-up tea tree oil.

on 4/9/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am a big TBS aficionado when it comes to their Tea Tree skincare line, but this does disappoint me. I own the original version of this which has the black cap and is called the "blemish stick", but if you look on their website they now call it "blemish gel" and the ingredients are different. So my review is on the original blemish stick. If you look at the ingredients list melaleuca alternifolia oil, which is the scientific name for tea tree oil, is 4th on the list which means that it is a watered down version of tea tree oil with other added ingredients including salicyclic acid. When I applied this to my blemishes it did not do much and I didn't really notice any drying effect at all. I prefer to use a stronger percentage of tea tree oil so I tend to use the tea tree oil from TBS that comes in a glass jar and it's 15% tea tree oil which works much better. Definitely would not suggest this product, at least not with the original ingredients.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated The Body Shop Products