July 30, 2014 | 1793 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Twinkle Glossimer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by silverbelle282

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My thoughts echo previous reviews in the sense that worn alone this gloss looks garishly gold on my Indian, pigmented lips. Disappointed that it never shows up like the color in the tube. Further, I constantly wipe excess product off the wand so there's a wastage issue. Was inspired to use this tube I've had for years (my first and only Chanel product) due to recent buzz about 10 pan projects and specktra's shop your stash challenge. Find that this is usable over coral lipsticks, and the texture isn't bad. Would not purchase again but will use up this tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by emromano

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to go with a gold sequin dress and I loved the way it looked!! I ended up losing it the night after I bought it, so I went out and reluctantly shelled out the cash for a replacement because of how long wearing and pretty it was.

I generally wear NARS orgasm gloss, and it has a similar color, however the NARS was starting to dry out my lips (i have vey dry lips)

The Chanel is around the same price and I have to say, I am switching brands. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by KaseyLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I see the ratings are relatively high for this product, however these glosses are not the best out there. I broke down and bought a Chanel lipgloss because I wanted to see if the 35 dollar price tag was worth it. Let's be honest, this is definitely a sticky lipgloss, way more sticky than some other brands out there. The ones with sparkles look like a cheap drugstore lipgloss. I was not impressed and will not purchase this prodcut again in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am generally more of a lipstick or balm girl, and don't wear many glosses. However, this color was so pretty that I couldn't resist. Twinkle is a pretty, pale rosy pink with gold shimmer. Personally, I do not find the shimmer overwhelming - it is more like a highlight. The texture of the gloss is thick and somewhat sticky/heavy, so it does last longer than most glosses. I think this works well with pinks or peaches and I would also expect this would work well on many different complexions. I like this gloss and I will repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by reneeschex

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I own about 6 glossimers. I never bought this one over the years because I loved Pin-Up and this was close to it. Pin-Up was discontinued so I finally bought this. As one of the last reviewer wrote, it does have the potential to look garish or 'white' on. Some of the older Glossimers are more pigmented and heavier. I do prefer this texture because it lasts longer and is not so 'glossy' or real wet on lips (when it's so wet your hair sticks to your lips). It looks best if you apply over a lipliner and use a very small amount, then blend. It will look stunning. EDIT: I wore it this weekend and happened to catch a look in mirror. It turned almost a frosty white and looked all wrong on me. I tried it alone w/o a liner and looked more natural. Still returned. It is not at all close to Pin-Up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I bought this gloss to wear over my Rouge Coco lipstick in the Rouge Orage color. I actually did not think the gloss looked that good on my all by itself, but when I put it on I got compliments! Even from my gay male friends who usually do not notice this kind of thing!
So I give it a big thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by abatnamedtwitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do like this gloss a lot, but there are a few things that would keep me from buying this particular color again. I'll start with this positives. First, the texture is awesome! And there is no scents or flavors to keep you from licking it off. The tube is well packaged. And last but not least you get what you pay for. The not so great things. The color looks cheap, the gold shimmer is way too much and it distracts from any kind of class you had before you put the lipgloss on. Maybe it just looks like that on me because of how pale I am, I dont know. I will definetly buy this product again, but in a different color.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Let me start off by saying that I am a lips person. I consider the lips the most succulent, sensual part of the face. Having said that, I didn't hesitate much before dishing out the big bucks(24$) on this rare, gorgeous shade of gloss, and in retrospect, i'm glad I did.
In general, I gotta give it to chanel for concocting the most flattering, most beautiful, and most unique shades of gloss. This was no exception. It is a natural shade of pink with gold shimmer intertwined in it. On the lips, this gold shimmer appears as a highlight, defining the plumper parts of my lips. This shade is special in the sense that it is both unique, and very natural looking. I have encountered many cheaper glosses similar to this one, but not as clean-applying, and as 'high-def.', if you will.The gold shimmer is really visible in this gloss and there is a very clean distinction between the pink shade and the golden one.
However, in spite of all the above, I still couldn't help noticing a defect- this gloss just wasn't glossy at all. As a lipstick, it may have sufficed, but since its marketed as a gloss, I expected a lot more shine. I got very minimal shine if at all and experienced dryness of the lips. Maybe it was chanel's attempt to appear subtle, but in my opinion sensuality and sophistication do not at all oppose. Quite the opposite, actually. Chanel is known as a luxury brand, and this shade is so sophisticated and gorgeous. I say, if Chanel takes the risk of producing it, it should go all out, and flaunt what it produced by adding shine to the gloss, and perhaps moisture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by babsvs

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently started using Laura Mercier's Whisper blush duo and the Estee Lauder rose gold eyeshadow quad, which gives me a coppery but natural look. I wanted a lip gloss to go with this, and ended up with Chanel Twinkle. It blends really well with this coppery look. My only complaint is that it can turn a little too white on me.

I think that glossimers are worth the money. They go on so well, and feel so great on my lips. Best of all they do not have any smell or taste. The only lip gloss I have tried that has a texture I like this much is Perscriptives, but the Chanel colors are a lot better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by sah125

I've purchased this gloss for the past 5-6 years now. It's such a pretty shimmery pink/peach color and it has the right amount to stickiness to it. The price, I think, is a little ridiculous for a gloss but I haven't been able to find any other colors like this which is why I've been going back for more.