October 24, 2014 | 887 users online

Lip Gloss - Sephora - Super Shimmer Lip Gloss in Perfect Plum

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 10:21:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I took a chance when I purchased this. It's okay, but I'm not blown away by it. The color is dark cherry red in the tube, but shows up as a very sheer berry on the lips. The shine is fair but the consistency is too watery for me. I like my glosses thick. I do love the great cherry aroma. Great package for traveling.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2004 10:52:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Maybe they changed the taste/smell since the other reviewers tried this stuff, but mine was the WORST-tasting/smelling lip product I've ever tried. I am not exaggerating. I have tried more lipsticks/glosses in my life than I could possibly count, and this is the worst. It is not mint, it is mint infused with OREGANO. Yes, OREGANO. In my quest to bring you the most accurate product description I can, I went to my kitchen, pulled out a jar of oregano, and bit into a piece. My suspicions were correct: oregano. In a LIP GLOSS. Even worse: oregano and MINT. This is not a happy combination. This is, in fact, the subject of my nightmares. My heart was broken, because this is pretty - a near dead-ringer for Lancome's Beach Plum JT, albeit a little thinner/gloppier and less sticky, so you have to be more careful to keep it within the confines of your lipline and reapply more often. That is, if you can bear to. The marketing geniuses who came up with the flavor and smell need to stop smoking crack and compile focus groups of people who have not lost their taste buds and olfactory capacities in tragic accidents. Spring for the few extra bucks for the JT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2004 2:48:00 PM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice. I hope they don't discontinue it anytime soon. I don't know why they call it "Super Shimmer," there's no shimmer or glitter in it at all, thank goodness. I was expecting this color to turn out hot-pink-ish on my olive toned skin, but instead it's a subtle berry a bit more on the brown side than on the blue side. Very shiny. Doesn't stay on super well, but it's cheap and will protect my lips from the wind better than nothing. Very nice for every day, I also use it when I want to be less dramatic in the evenings. Will repurchase. (Please, don't discontinue it!)
Ingredients: Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Beeswax, Myristyl Lactate, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Flavor (Aroma). May Contain Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (Cl 15850), Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850:1), Red 28 Lake (Cl 45410:2), Red 30 Lake (Cl 73360), Red 33 Lake (Cl 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140:1), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090:2), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Carmine (Cl 75470). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2004 9:40:00 PM More reviews by aphelionyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As a previous reviewer said, there's no shimmer in this at all. Looks dark in the tube, but comes out as a really nice sheer plum color. It's nice that the packaging is a squeeze tube with a slanted application tip -- wands can be so much touble, and the slanted tip ensures more even coverage (at least for me).I don't have pigmented lips, so it shows up nicely. It has a bit of an interesting herbal smell to it, but it's not horrible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2003 1:01:00 PM More reviews by jalin

Sephora constantly makes knockoffs of popular cosmetics and charges much less than the 'name brand'. This lipgloss is packaged similar to a Lancome Juicy Tube or a BB Lip Tint. The color is a very very sheer mauve/plum. It barely shows up on me, but my lips do have a lot of natural pigment. The texture is very nice, and according to the label, it contains some natural moisturizers, which is a nice touch. If they expanded their selection, I would repurchase this in another color.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2003 9:33:00 PM More reviews by cirque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice lip gloss. As noted in the other review, this lip gloss isn't "shimmery" as in glittery, it's shiny. It looks a bit dark in the tube, but goes on sheer, which I like. It isn't sticky, which feels nice, but also means that you have to reapply once in awhile which is why I deducted one lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2003 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was surprised at the quality of this gloss. This shade is a pretty, light plum, not very dark. Despite the name, there is no shimmer in this gloss. It is very shiny, perhaps that's what the "shimmer" refers to? this gloss is not sticky at all, and it has jojoba oil and shea butter high on the list of ingredients, which was a pleasant surprise. The tube also has a slanted applicator, which means better application. My only beefs about this gloss are that while it looks really densely pigmented, it applies fairly sheerly. Also, it does not have much staying power. Overall, though, this is a great value and a very pretty shade.