July 25, 2014 | 973 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Night Clubbing

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ImperfectionIsBeauty911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect eye shadow for my favorite look: a smokey eye. It goes on so creamy and easy! It is ridiculously pigmented so it will last you such a long time. It is pretty expensive for such a tiny little compact, however I have found that with it lasting so long the price is totally worth it.

A major plus is that it is beyond easy to blend with other eye shadows, so experimenting with colors is always fun with a Smokey touch to make any color pop. The only tricky thing about this color is that you have to dab your makeup brush onto the shadow rather than swipe it, or else the gold sparkle yellowy color will not show up. I would defiantly buy this product again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup2

Night Clubbing was included in Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set (purchased in April 2013). According the ingredients list, NARS has started using triclosan in its shadows. Given the other options available, it's not clear why this would be necessary. I will not be repurchasing.

Ingredients as listed in Sephora's And God Created the Woman set:
Night Clubbing: Talc, cetearyl isononanoate, zinc stearate, silica, cetyl acetate, stearoxy dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, ethylhexyl parmitate, isopropyl lanolate, methylparaben, propylparaben, triclosan, acetylated lanolin alcohol, bha [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I won't repurchase just because I think by the time I finish this, it's time to move on a a different look.

Anyways this is a really pretty black with gold shimmers. I love the packaging, so cute!

Must:
use primer.
pat on instead.
use a dense brush.
applied wet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Night Clubbing, Ashes to Ashes, and Corfu were my first Nars e/s purchases. Since then I have collected more and they are some of my favorite e/s. I Don't reach for Night Clubbing as often as I do Mekong, but I Night Clubbing makes for a great smokey eye. Sadly, unless you apply it wet, you don't see the glitter or the green, it really just turns out to be a soft black but still very pretty. i recently did a look with MAC Club and Night clubbing in the crease and it was gorgeous. It pairs well with any e/s. Only complaint is that it does tend to crumble more than my NARS e/s which is a pain, but there's so much product it's not a huge deal. I wouldn't buy again only because I don't think I'll ever finish this. It's so pigmented! If you love a smokey eye I highly recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

First, I really like the packaging. It's compact and has a little mirror inside. It has a sophisticated look to it. Night Clubbing looks black with lots of gold shimmers. When I take photos, the shadow appears to be a light color. (Probably because of the gold shimmers reflecting off the flash.) It is a versatile color to use day or night. However, it does not last long on my lids. Even after using a Urban Decay's Primer Potion, I would get the crease line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by mybeadifullife

You need to have the right primer, and experiement with brushes because for me I found that if you use a brush that is not dense enough the shadow is applied unevenly.

Do not swipe this on, pat it on! If you swipe, the beautiful golden glitter comes off, and then you are left with only the black base, which you might as well use any old black.

I loved the result after using pixie epoxy if applying this dry, over a mac paint pot, or try applying it wet! I also had good luck using mac's fix + to help the glitter stay on.

Overall a beautiful color! I would buy it again though because this creates the most beautiful smoky eye than any other eyeshadow in my collection, and i love it as a liner as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by LovePinkxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dark shimmery black. It's better then MAC Blacktied. I like the compact and quality much more. It's a sexy nighttime shade and is perfect for smokey looks. It will last you forever because it's so pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Night Clubbing is your basic black shadow. I've been using it for a while for my crease to create the perfect smokey eye. NARS shadows work really great for me - creamy, easy to apply, little fall out, blendable... I know MAC Carbon is everyone's HG, but for me it's a mess to apply. I would much rather use Night Clubbing. I also feel like it's a little bit more subtle and less harsh than other blacks.

The shimmer in the pan doesn't really show up as intense as I expected it to be though (black with golden pearls). With a shadow primer (Urban Decay, Too Faced, or even the NARS pro prime) this lasts all day. I love NARS shadows because I can apply them in the morning, and at the end of the night they look exactly the same as when I first applied them, with absolutely no touch ups. Great staple, and I don't see myself running out of it anytime soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by tiinnhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it, I've had this color for maybe two years(?) now. Its very dark and shimmery. I like wear this with my Lorac champagne highlighter in a smokey eye look. The color is very easy to blend and gives off a great smokey effect. Definitely will be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I bought this in 2000 and my pot is still going strong (maybe at 50%). I use this wet as a thick liner with usually a brown or olive shadow. I like it up against the lash line. I don't think I would use this as a full lid, but I do sometimes along the crease. This is my favorite NARS shadow. I love the "rubbery" outside of their packaging...I swear that has helped a lot of my products last for 10+ years (including an Orgasm blush that finally lost its mirror during a fall!).