December 18, 2014 | 1737 users online

Bronzers - Laura Geller - Bronze-n-Brighten

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite bronzer, I own the fair version. I really can only compare to a few bronzers that I have tried, a Mally, Paulaschoice matte splitpan, tarte, Bareminerals matte and aTouch of Sun, It Cosmetics, & Dalton but out of these this is the best! No orange tint at all, it does have very faint micro shimmer, but don't keep that from trying it if you like matte only because I have orange peel texture skin and this works for me. No sheen or shine, but up very close you can detect a little oomph to it. It really does help a complexion and the swirls of pink and other color correcting gives this a perfect look on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not bad for a bronzer but it is too expensive. The shade Medium is complimentary and has a hint of pink. I like the different shades in the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I bought this product several years ago. Not sure if the formula for it has been changed or not since then. I actually liked this product better than Laura's Balance-n-Brighten. I used this as a finishing powder over foundation. And, I found that it finished off my makeup nicely. It made my complexion look more balanced in tone and it added a healthy looking glow to my face as well.

I didn't experience any problems with the powder oxidizing on me. And, one compact really lasted me quite a long time.

The only reason why I will not be repurchasing this item anymore is because I am just not into Laura Geller's line anymore. She will change formulations without telling people first. I consider her line to be decent at best, but not stellar. And, I don't feel that the prices of her products should really be as high as they currently are.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is created from a mosaic of baked powders in pearlescent shades of bronze, tan, beige, cream and pink. A brush swirled over the pan picks up all of these shades and together they create a beautiful healthy glow without any obvious shimmer. I love using this product BUT....
I have bought about four of these from QVC, partly because it was something I wanted to repeat purchase but once I had to buy a replacement because the product broke up in the pan and just went everywhere. My current Bronze and Brighten is also broken which suggests there's something not right with the texture, or the compact. I didn't drop the compact on either occasion, and don't carry it around with me during the day. "Spontaneous breakage" isn't something I've experienced with other products.
I got my B-n-B out the other day after several and realised how much I love it, but despite being very careful the shattered pieces and loose powder went all over the bathroom and took quite a while to clear up.
On a recent Laura Geller show on QVC the presenters made a point of stating that this product doesn't break up in the compact which just isn't true.
I won't buy it again because of the waste and mess, unless the formulation changes. I don't know if other reviewers have had this problem, or if I've just been unlucky...beautiful product but may not be up to being carried around in a makeup bag.
My new bronzer is Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons (reviewed) which I love but wish I could carry on using the B-n-B.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by MoniM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This bronzer is really nice!!! I was very skeptical about getting it because of the price, BUT whenever I was at Ulta it drawn me in, I had to swatch it and look at it :-D Finally I gave in! And I'm so glad I did! It makes the skin look and feel amazing! You can contour with it but also, if applied lightly, you can use it all over to warm up your skin tone. It lasts alllllll day, and when I touch my face it feels like skin! I love that it's baked, and you can use the lighter "swirls" as a high light as well. I also like to use it as my eye shadow when I'm in the hurry by just popping it on my lid. Yes, it's that good! It seems like it would be very shimmery on the face but it's not! It makes your skin have a very healthy, natural glow! I've got it in medium, which is a little too dark for me right now, in the dead of winter (lol!), but honestly I can make it work! I love this product and will definitely repurchase again! (By the way, it will last you forever too!) Love Laura Geller <3

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do love this bronzer. I have a medium olive complexion so purchased medium in it and its perfect for my tone. I just dust it over my skin in an "s" shape on each side but I find a bigger powder brush works best as the brush that came with it distributes a lot of bronzer turning me oompah loompa shade!!. Lol. Gives a lovely bronzed fresh look. Only downside is that it's a little expensive unless it's on qvc on easy pay instalments which is where I purchased it from

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Drinabambina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After wearing this for a few hours it starts to look Orange and it makes my face extremely oily looking and way to shimmery for my taste I am mad I threw out my receipt I can't return it now

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by natalia829

I honestly think this product is really good, mainly because I had never found a foundation that did not look like it was caked on. What I like most about this product is the fact that it adds a brightening effect to my complection and leaves my skin looking flawless. although I don't think it stays for very long, the bronze-and-brighten from Laura Geller succeeds in making skin look smooth and also adds a little tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by sarahleia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This bronzer is excellent for porcelain and fair skin tones. It has no yellow tone and is marbled with pink to create a nice neutral brown tone. There is no sparkle so it is great for contouring. This is one of my favorite bronzers simply because it does not turn orange on my skin. The powder is light weight but high pigment due to it being a baked powder. I've been using it for some time and have had not issues with my skin. The price is reasonable and the packaging is simple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I like this bronzer. It has a touch of color to it and so it does not tend to be as muddy looking or one dimensional as some bronzers can be. Also, it doesn't have much "glitter" in it and so those of us with a few wrinkles can wear it without too much concern of it settling in fine lines. Although I still swear by Laguna by Nars, this Laura Geller bronzer is a nice mix of a blush/bronzer. Great to carry around with you to touch up your face during the day.