Maybelline Wonder Finish [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Wonder Finish [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 2/18/2015 3:05:00 PM

I wish they'd bring this product back!! I loved it, it went on smooth very light but made my face look flawless!! And I'm in my late 30's!!

on 10/4/2010 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

this is the very first foundation. i was introduced to makeup quite late, when i was 17. since then i couldnt stop. this foundation is pretty decent. after trying a lot of product for years, yet i still think this is an ok product.however, it was drying on my face. i believe oily skin girls will enjoy this more.when i used it i didnt set it with powder so it did get greasy after a while.while i adore my HE foundations i still use drugstore foundations because i found them easier to work with somehow. but i never repurchase this as it isnt right for my skin type. it gives a light to medium coverage. i do prefer revlon colorstay mixed with neutrogena healthy skin.

on 10/4/2010 9:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

It would appear that I'm turning into a bit of a walking Maybelline advert! The Colossal mascara, this foundation, and the dream matte powder for touch-ups.
Anyway, I wasn't too keen on this foundation, because it didn't apply very well; kind of streaky and too runny. Then, because I didn't want to throw it out, I made a last attempt and used my foundation brush, and oh my! I look airbrushed! Note to self: don't touch your face, don't eat a hot chilli dish so you get a chin sweat - both these events will mean your foundation comes off! LOL
It lasts all day (with the above caveats!), but I think if I were going out again in the evening, I'd reapply. Haven't experienced extreme heat yet, but I doubt I'd want to wear foundation in hot weather anyway.
A good cheap makeup bag staple!

on 9/8/2010 7:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I'm pretty sure was discountinued last year or at the start of this year, which is so disappointing. This foundation was seriously pretty much perfect. It felt so nice on my skin, didn't go orange and had a medium coverage.

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

I find this goes on easily, and discreetly. I don't like people to know that I'm wearing foundation, and this one works for me. It evens out my skin tone quite well. The ivory is a perfect match for my skin. No one can tell I'm wearing foundation, which I like.

I apply it quite lightly. So that my very light faded freckles are still slightly visible, as I don't wish to look painted. Most people aren't even aware I have freckles, as they are very light. Though it makes me happy to even out my skin, and make them even less noticeable. This combined with a green primer and I look lightly airbrushed.

on 7/19/2010 3:48:00 PM

This was my highschool foundation, when I didn't know much about makeup and didn't wear much makeup. I remember it coming off a gray-ish undertone on my skin (even though the actually color matches me pretty well), so I usually have to correct it with some bronzer or powder. What a hassel!

However, I did like shaking it everytime before I apply, and the clickidy sound from the little ball on the inside. That makes me feel like I'm applying makeup like a grown-up.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

What happened to this foundation?? did they stop making it? when I was in high school I used to wear liquid foundation a lot, and this was one of the foundations that I use to wear. I did not wear it that often because the color that i bought was too light for my skin, but overall it reminds me my days in high school when I use to wear it.

on 5/27/2010 8:29:00 AM

Wow, this was a blast from the past. One of the first foundations that I used! I actually wouldnt have even remembered it if I hadnt seen it on MUA...and that says something. Unmemorable, pretty sure it wasn't great. No loss it has been discontinued, there are much better products out there

on 5/27/2010 7:55:00 AM

It was ok, but it brought me out in spots and it seemed quick thick and cloggy for such a thin consistency, it was a nice product but definitely not suited to my skin!! It hasnt been discontinued as far as i'm aware, available in boots and superdrug!???!!!

on 5/15/2010 4:03:00 AM

I too have heard that this product is discontinued. You may still be able to get it in clearance sales or online but I can't find it on the Maybelline shelves of any store I go into and every salesgirl I ask tells me it has been discontinued. Just as soon as you find something you like they stop making it!
I like this foundation as it is easy to apply. It is a light runny liquid and the bottle has a small nozzle so you just squeeze the bottle and it's easy to get the right amount into your hand.
It dries to a powder finish which I find good for my slightly oily skin. I would say it gives medium coverage (I tend to prefer it a bit heavier).
A lot goes a long way so it's a good purchase.