Lanvin Eclat D'Arpege

4.1

on 1/8/2015 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This perfume smells so much like Incanto's "Shine" - little bit sweet, fruity and summery.
The design of the bottle is cute but also little bit childish, like those Britney Spears bottles.
This perfume is way too expensive in stores like Macy's, Nordstrom, etc (about $80) so I order it from Target online store for $28 (50ml). This is my mom's favorite perfume for many years but I found myself liking it too. And $28 is worth it!

on 11/8/2014 2:32:00 PM

Purchase this perfume on a blind buy because I've been curious about the scent for a while now. The bottle is unique. Upon first sniff I was shocked because it smells very similar to Jessica Simpson's Vintage bloom!! But except vintage has a stronger muskier floral.

on 8/31/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for an alternative for Bond no. 9's Scent of Peace, which is the epitome of what I'm attracted to in a fragrance. Fresh, just a little bit sweet and although not very complicated, extremely well blended. I just can't rationalize paying close to 300.00 a bottle! Other candidates were:

Light Blue - sharper

I Love Love (Moschino) Nice, better sillage, not as refined. My sixteen year old daughter wears this and it's perfect for her.

Secret Wish (Ana Sui) Sweeter, younger, but I like it!

Lollipop (Mariah Carey) - Too sweet for this 43 year old!

If you are familiar with any of these fragrances you have a pretty good idea of what you might experience with Éclat D'Arpege. Think fresh, only slightly floral, very feminine. Those who aren't fond of these types of scents usually refer to them as "shampoo scents." As in, why use this fragrance when it smells just like the shampoo/body wash I already use? I don't disagree. I just happen to love that fresh, just out of the shower feeling! For me, these scent types are just taking that feeling to a more refined, H.E . level.

My favorite experience with this fragrance happened while I was Christmas shopping last year. I was paying for my purchases when the Adam Levine (tattoos included) look-alike of a clerk looked at me briefly said, "You smell lovely," then continued ringing up my purchases like nothing happened. He was not flirting with me, he couldn't have been more than 22 years old. (I'm 43, remember.) He just wanted me to know that he thought I smelled great. Great enough to actually COMMENT on it. I can't really ask any more from a fragrance!

on 2/19/2014 11:45:00 PM

Fruity yet not overpowering scent. A very girly scent. But the lasting power is not good. Not more than an hour. I love this but my DH hates it.

Am on my 3rd bottle! Lovely clean scent that's not overwhelming. I don't understand why some would think that it's comparable to Light Blue, this is sooo much better!

on 12/3/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this perfume for 11-12 years already! My first bottle was given by my first boyfriend for Christmas when I was 15 and I have been using it since then. It has become my signature scent. I never ran out of this. I think I'm on my 7th bottle and three of those were given by my three ex boyfriends. They just love the scent on me!

on 10/21/2013 8:57:00 PM

omy.....FAVORITE PERFUME EVERR! guys like that smell on me too! it's fresh, subtle yet very feminin. Absolutely favorite of all time....only complain is probably the price, but it'll last you a long time (50ml bottle)

on 5/11/2013 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I am killing this fragrance right now. I wear this to work and I get compliments when I wear it. I have no idea what the notes are but what I do know is that this is a sweet sophisticated scent that never gets old. It smells like what the modern female professional should smell like - smart and classy.

The packaging is beautiful and the scent lasts all day without being loud or over bearing. Lanvin usually has execeptional fragrances and this is no exception.

on 5/6/2013 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Eclat d'Arpege is one of my Top favorite summer scents, and I'll never get tired of it. A soft watery floral with skin-musky notes -- so very sensual. This never fails to stop people in their tracks and elicit compliments. I only wear this in warm weather.

To me, it's a star -- better than anything else in its class. It resembles Ralph Lauren Blue (another of my huge all-time summer favorites) and also Mariah Carey Luscious Pink .. but not so much Light Blue IMHO. Light Blue is along the same lines (airy/watery) but doesn't have the ultra-sensual skin-musky quality that Eclat d'Arpege has. To me, this perfume is special and magical, and I'll always have a bottle on hand.

on 4/25/2013 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my go-to perfume. It is light and delicate smell, yet very sophisticated (you can refer to the reviews below for the notes). It's not cloying if you don't overdo it.

I've gone through one entire bottle and repurchased this. I believe that choosing a scent is something very personal, so if you're interested in this, do visit a store and get a whiff before deciding. :)

Popular Fragrances