November 28, 2014 | 2005 users online

Loose Powders - Yves Saint Laurent - Semi-loose powder in #1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this powder since it was first launched many years ago. I have always preferred the loose powders of YSL because they are so finely grained and completely invisibile on my skin. This one can be applied in such a thin coat that the skin still is dewy. I have worn it on top of a number of different foundations - right now over Le Teint Touche Eclat in B10 - and the result is very beautiful and very natural looking. Most powders make me look chalky, but not this one. I use #1 which is about the only color - apart from a true white - that doesn't look too dark on me.

YSL call this a semi-loose powder which means that it's a pressed powder with a wheel on top. You turn the wheel and peel the powder off. I had preferred a normal loose powder, but I keep up with this weird mecanism (and the price!) because of the light color and the high quality of this product.

I have bought this powder so many times that I cannot remember, and I'm happy with it, but I'd be even happier if YSL would skip the pressing, the peeling wheel (the big, clumsy container), anfd just sell the powder loose in a 30g container as all other companies do (and YSL did before they invented this product).

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Cai21st

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The most stunning packaging and feels very luxurious. It does make my face look glowy in a very natural way. However, my face is very sensitive and this powder broke me out within a few weeks. I now have tiny little bumps all over my face which I never do. It also makes my skin feel slightly itchy. I am very disappointed considering how much I paid for it. I am using the YSL teint majeur foundation and that is beautiful so thought surely the semi loose powder would be fine on my skin. I was very wrong. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Remarkable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I think I first used YSL's Semi-loose powder in March 2008. I remember because that was when I started to date my boyfriend. It came in a gorgeous golden package and the product itself was so beautiful that I could hardly believe it that it was a makeup item and not a jewelry box. It is round and handy and gold... It is a joy just to take it out of your purse and in the beautiful and great quality mirror you see yourself prettier... There is a perfect and gorgeous brush inside, soft as feather and makes the application of the powder beautiful.

Now, this powder is special because it is a semi-loose powder which means that you have to turn the top of the box where the product is in order to get yourself some powder on top and then you use your brush. So modern... Unfortunately though, if you don't pay attention just how much powder you need, you will waste the rest that comes out of the box.

I adore this powder and I think sooner or later I will treat myself with another one when my Chanel pressed powder is over because the YSL has a different feeling, it is like a fairy tale while Chanel is decent and elegant.

I only have one concern... I have used 2 boxes of this powder. The first time I ran out of it after only 6 weeks and the next time when I knew how much I had be careful and save the powder, it was enough for a bit more than 2 months... There is quite a little amount of powder in the container unfortunately and it costs 45 euros... Even though, I will soon buy one again and will only use it once in a blue moon. I will just treasure it. It is too beautiful to miss and the little powder that is inside is just excellent, the best texture and radiance ever.......

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by ValerieBrd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love that powder, makes my skin look very smooth. The product is really great, but the packaging is not my favorite. It's big, bulky and too "pimped" out. And this "scratchy wheel" thing lefts out a good amount of product at the end witch becomes pretty unreachable. So basically, you need to repurchase without even finishing the previous package.
Would repurchase only because of the powder itself that I find pretty amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by kgrinn

Just watching the powder cut but twisting is enough for me. I love the little brush they give with it. It is representative of ysl brushes and is smooth- definitely a keeper even after the powder is gone. The brush is particularly nice because the shape allows you to put the powder easily under your eyes and on the sides of your nose etc. I refrain from putting this powder on the top of my nose because I feel it looks blotchy. I have a problem with most foundations looking blotchy and being noticeable in texture on my face, but this powder (apart from on the nose for some reason) actually fares well. I think the shade may be a little too light for me, but then again usually my foundations are too dark, so this will tone them down.

Edit: I just found out that my SA gave me the wrong shade. I asked for #2 (over the phone) and was given #1. I'm not sure if I'll exchange because this color isn't too pale, it might be good for winter. I will think about it. Also, I don't see any light reflecting particles and the texture could be finer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2004 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ditto1973

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

fantastic loose powder. the loose powder is extremely fine and makes my skin look flawless. I used a big facial brush with outward and upward motion to apply instead of the puff and find that the powder stays on my face longer. I would highly reccomendded this loose powder if you don't mind the bulky container , the tendency of loose powder spilling along the cover and their fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2004 12:14:00 PM More reviews by WindyCityGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As I posted about the foundation I tried from YSL, this too had to go back-

I got the loose powder in #1, the shades seemed very pale when I looked at them, but the #2 was orange looking-
I use Armani loose powder which is so pretty, so I expected the same from YSL powder-
I tried it on when I got home and it was so pale and chalky- It did nothing to brighten my face or add a glow-
I took it right back and bought Armani loose powder in #2- Huge differance- I glow and look alive, not like Mrs. Casper!

This just isn't a flattering powder-

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2003 2:38:00 PM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this powder though I feel I get bit dry feeling on my face. Love the system and its travel friendlines. I am a PPP and 01 is a perfect match for me. My skin gets this nice smooth glow. It looks perfect. I would recommend this for someone with not very dry skin. This is a great summer powder though. And I would repurchse this for summer use. UPDATE!!! Unfortunetely I think this is breaking me out. I had no such problem while I was using Diorlight loose powder but with this I even get breakouts on my dry cheeks and I usually never get any breakouts there! I would not repurchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2003 11:25:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very, very nice powder. The finish is quite lovely and matte, and the powder itself contains tiny light-reflecting particles. I am absolutely in love with the grating mechanism- never seen anything like it! It's defintely a travel-friendly powder, first of its kind.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

Very fragranced and very drying, more suitable for oily skin. Accentuates fine lines and does not feel any better than T.Leclerc.