April 17, 2014 | 1034 users online

Eye Primer - Garden Botanika - Eye Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2008 1:51:00 AM More reviews by perfectknight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have really oily skin, and this stuff is great and keeping my shadow on and vivid. The formula feels a little chalky, especially after you've had it for a little while (I know, probably should toss it after 6 months, but who can do that?). This makes all my shadows show up better and keeps them on until I'm ready to take them off. Holds up to heat, sweat, oil and time. It feels a little heavy on and I wouldn't use it every day but it's great for going out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2004 10:36:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I remember using this "way back" when there was actually a Garden Botanika store here. I loved it because it was a great shadow base, but also matched the color of my skin so well, that it made a nice "cream" shadow and concealer for on-the-go mornings. Then the GB store closed and I had forgotten about this product, and floated aimlessly from other brands, trying to find a shadow base that REALLY worked. Nothing else came close. Wisely, in an "it must be fate" moment, I ordered this from GB online, hoping that the formula was the same one I had used so long ago. YES!!! It is the same fantastic product I remember. Makes my eyelids look uniform and smooth, and holds shadows very well. I am a NC15 and this is just about the same color as my skin, for reference. It sells for $14, and only a tiny dab is needed. I am currently enjoying several GB makeup products. They all give me a natural look that is very flattering.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2004 10:56:00 PM More reviews by GreenFaerie

Sorry I have to disagree with the other reviews here (normally I don't) but I think this is one of the more mediocre to worst eye shadow primers out there. My shadow still creased halfway through the day, and it the product dried out horribly rendering it totally useless. I went to BeneFit's F.Y.Eye next and thought that was great, but then tried Mary Kay's Eye Enhancer and found that to be the absolute best.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2003 6:23:00 PM More reviews by empresslilah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the only products that I have purchased and finished multiple times. It's a small hassle to have to buy it online, but well worth it. I recently tried Benefit FY..Eye, and it cannot hold a candle to this product. Even in the worst humidity of an NYC summer, my eyeshadow is on until I take it off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2002 2:49:00 AM More reviews by KarenC

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best primer I've ever used. I have two problems with it though...I have to buy it online now and the consistency has dried out a lot since I bought it. Otherwise, it's great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2001 1:38:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This is a very good eye primer for those looking for something cheaper. It helped keep my shadow on almost as long as the Benefit or Paula Dorf products. The screw top container is a pain though and if not on tightly, product will dry out.*UPDATE* i have since found a fave product with UD primer potion!