April 18, 2014 | 1810 users online

Hair Color - Manic Panic - Temporary Hair dye

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Quite expensive and washes out way too quickly, especially ultraviolet and atomic turquoise. I had decent luck with hot hot pink. I much prefer la riche directions semi permanent hair colour. Lasts longer, is cheaper and has the same jar-type packaging that makes it easy to reuse.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by taylortruck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used manic panic a few times in my life, and each time it just didn't meet my expectations. I wanted long lasting color, and manic panic sadly never delivered. Recently, I decided to dye my hair turquoise. I picked up a few bottles of the atomic turquoise color in their voltage formula, hoping that maybe this time I would finally get good results. not really. Don't get me wrong, the color was beautiful, but only until I washed it. I had bleached my hair white, and then left the dye on it overnight, covered. I even did a cold rinse followed by some vinegar. Everything they recommend you to do for "long lasting" color. My hair had faded to a murky greyish blue within 4 days. I didn't even use shampoo. To me, that's just ridiculous. But, I figured I would try it again. I dyed my hair again, followed the same steps, and even began to add my remaining dye to my hair while I was in the shower each day. It still faded horribly within a week. The one good thing I will say about manic panic, though, is that it really conditioned my hair after all the bleaching I did to it. I naturally have black brown hair, but have been bleaching it white for the past 4 years, so I had a lot of damage. This really made it feel like it was kinda alive again, though. After I finally gave up on manic panic, I did have quite better results with Raw hair dye. The manic panic smells a lot better than Raw, though. Doesn't stain as much, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by maybellecowbell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been dying my hair every colour under the sun for the past 15 years & manic panic is THE BEST there is. Loads of shades, or mix the together to make your won. Can use with a load of conditioner for a pastel shades. Lasts for ages, vibrant, easy to apply (with a tint brush). Will always loo better on bleached hair as the colours are truer but pinks, reds & purples can work on harder hair but won't be as bright.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite hair dye ever, flat-out.
Manic Panic is a vegan and cruelty-free brand, which already puts them pretty high on my list. I've dyed my hair twice so far with Manic Panic original temporary hair dye, the first time being a year and a half ago with After Midnight Blue and the second being a couple weeks ago with Voodoo Blue.
My hair is naturally very dark brown, I have never bleached it, and the darker colours seem to look black indoors and in the dark, but out in sunlight or in bright lights the true colour shows.
Voodoo Blue is my favourite out of the two I've tried. It's a brighter blue, and on my brown hair it shows up amazingly. Both indoors and outdoors you can see that it's obviously blue. I would even call it bright--which you wouldn't expect on naturally dark, un-bleached hair.
After Midnight Blue faded out to a dark green, and Voodoo Blue is currently fading out somewhat teal, but mostly a very pretty green colour.
My hair is down to the middle of my back, it's thick, and I have bangs; and I can easily do an entire head of colour with half a jar. It looks like you'll need more than you actually will because the jars are so small, but the dye is strong and spreads out a lot. I bought two jars and can get four uses out of them.
The dye lasts in my hair for a long time, about a month to a month and a half.
The price is reasonable enough seeing as how much dye I actually need. I buy my dye at Sally's Beauty Supply.
I highly recommend this--however, it's quite obvious that this dye works very differently for different people.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by jolak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it sux!!! dont buy it!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

ENCHANTED FOREST - medium length Thick wavy hair - It lasted me about a week before fading on natural blonde and bleached hair. There's not much of a difference between bleaching and not bleaching hair. I left mine in my hair for over 2-3 hours before blasting the hair wrapped in foils with a hair dryer on med- low which somewhat helps intensify it on natural hair. Make sure you spread air evenly. Packaging is a little annoying as you can't fit a tint brush in it. Vaseline on your hairline! This stuff seriously stains. Am I happy with this product? It's a maybe. I'm looking at other options for a little more lasting effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I used this in Hot hot pink and ultra violet, a pink-purple gradient from top to bottom. After a single cold shower, most of this product came out, lasted two weeks total with three showers. Although I understand it is a vegan product, for $14 a jar I expected better....

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by SavannahRain13

I've been using Manic Panic for well over a year now and for the most part I love it. I usually only dye two streaks in my hair (and now the ends too, and yes they are bleached and I was my about 3 times a week) so I don't use very much and it lasts me while so the price doesn't bother me. I've used a variety of colors and I'm going to list them below. -Wildfire Red- This was the first color I used and I won't lie I was disappointed. I wanted a very vibrant red and this was more orange. It faded fast than any of the colors I've used. -Ultra Violet- This one turns out the most beautiful shade of purple. It's very bright. It fades after about a week and a half then it turns a purplely gray. I tried to dye all of my dark brown hair with it. It didn't work very well. It only made it slightly darker. -Atomic Turquoise- This is a very bright blue. In the bottle it doesn't look turquoise but in your hair it does. For me, it lasts about 2 weeks and fades into a pretty pale blue. -Green Envy- This color is lovely! It comes put a very bright green. It lasts the longest out of the colors I've tried. When it begins to fade it turns the color of poison (at least that's how my friends describe it). Once it really fades its a yellowy green. But it stays in a long time and is easy to dye over. I think those are all of the colors that I've used. I really like Manic Panic. It doesn't damage hair and smells better than most dye. Even though the colors fade I don't mind because I constantly change color. I'll definitely be buying more colors in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lilliputhaunt

I'll add reviews for specific colors as I try them.
I've dyed my hair many colors with many brands, and I've learned that there simply is not a replacement for good old Manic Panic. The colors are all so fantastic, and there's so many of them, too! On top of that, my hair feels softer using MP than with ANY other product. Literally, dedicated conditioners don't make my hair feel healthier than Manic Panic does. The dying process is easy, if a bit time consuming (I typically leave the dye on for 2 hours then blow dry for 5 minutes or so). And the results are just great. The colors are always true to the swatch, bright and even. At ~8 dollars/jar with a Sally's card, the price is pretty reasonable too, when you consider that there are brands like Special FX that can run up to 20 bucks for a bottle. Sans the gross permanent marker smell, I really have no complaints for this brand.

Vampire Red - Makes a dark red tone. I love how rich and dark the color is, it reminds me of rubies. Fades to a fiery orange. I probably get more compliments on the faded color than the freshly dyed one, actually!

Purple Haze - Not quite as nice as the Vampire Red was, but still pretty good. Gave my hair a grape kind of color. It faded a lot quicker than I feel like it should've (especially considering I left it on for about 2 hours) so I don't think I'll repurchase this color.

Electric Lizard - I'll admit, I was kind of scared to try a color as bold as this one, but I was reassured the moment I stepped out of the shower. It's a really great lemon-lime green that'd be perfect for the springtime (too bad it's winter over here). Will update with faded colors when they come.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

LOVE Manic Panic Creme colors. I've been using them for many years and haven't had a bad experience. I have neutral, medium brown hair naturally at the roots that requires moderate bleaching (15-20 minutes with powder lightener and 20 vol bleach) to touch up my bangs. I did have near-platinum hair after bleaching out a very dark red-brown at one point with a bit of Cotton Candy Pink on the topmost layer and loved the payoff. It doesn't apply well over metallic colors (salon colors, salon lightened and toned hair, or bleached-out salon work) due to chemical reactions not being at optimal conditions. This is stated on each container among all the fine print.

I have lots of medium-thickness, porous hair. My skin is dry with increased oil production when stripped of oils under most shampoos, so I only use cleansing conditioners for normal washing. I will use a gentle shampoo every other month for any styling buildup. Since I bleach my natural hair to apply Manic Panic, it absorbs VERY well. I blend my colors with conditioner (Suave naturals or VO5) for a lighter application and after letting it absorb for an hour, the color is all absorbed and rinses almost perfectly clear. This helps the color fade to a pretty pastel evenly, too.

The only negative for me is that the packaging for the creme colors has a wide mouth that is difficult to pour from smoothly or take out without a spoon. I plan to try the Amplified colors soon, when I run out of my current colors.