July 23, 2014 | 1050 users online

Shave Products - Clinique - M Shave Aloe Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by avironneur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT IS IT? Fragrance-free shave gel
INGREDIENTS: Ingredients: Water, Tea-Palmitate, Tea-Myristate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tea-Stearate, Isopentane, Chamomilla Recutita, Sorbital, Hyaluronic Acid, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Isobutane, Polyquaternium-24, Butylene Glycol, Peg-12 Laurate, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Red 33, Blue 1
HOW DOES IT PERFORM? Very concentraed shave gel in a plastic pump bottle with metallic lid that secures nicely. None of the parts of this container will rust in the shower which makes it ideal for storage there. The gel provides good lubrication (guy here so shaving face....also works well for shaving the nether regions) and most importantly rinses cleanly without drying or leaving residue on the skin or razor. The gel is fragrance-free and contains a decent amount of chamomile which can sooth and prevent razor burn. This is more expensive than Aveeno's Therapeutic Shave Gel but for individuals who avoid animal-derived products and who do not buy products tested on animals, this is a welcome option worth paying for.
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Yes although American consumers might try Everyday Jack Shave Gel (no review on MUA) which is available at Target for 4.99 - it is cruelty-free and fragrance-free and has similar qualities to the Clinique with a better ingredient profile.
PRICE: $16.00 CAD (lasts two months with regular usage as product is concentrated - only a small amount is required to obtain sufficient lather for shaving)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 7:08:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My dad has got very sensitive skin all over his body, especially his face. He'd been complaining about rough skin after shaving which was irritable and bumpy after trying a whole lot of shaving products in the market for sensitive skin. After a lot of research, I finally decided on the Clinique M shave aloe gel and coupled it with the Clinique post shave healer. He's 60 and actually said it was the BEST shave he has ever had on the first use! :D Will definitely repurchase tonnes of this, even though my dad said that a small bit is enough for a shave so the bottle can last a long time! (as with most Clinique products) So i guess the cost isn't much of a bother. My dad is worth it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My boyfriend has extremely sensitive skin, so I bought this for him to try. Well this product is very good, the best one for sensitive skin. Nothing compares to this! Will buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by broadbent2001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Quite simply the best shave product for combination/oily skin. Period.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this shave gel for my husband, but I've used it a few times myself. It is probably the best shave gel I have ever used. As other reviewers have commented, it is a very thick, rich, concentrated shave gel that foams up wonderfully. A little goes a long way, which is a good thing, since I think that even for its good qualities it is overpriced. I like that it comes in a pump instead of a can. Other than the price, my only other complaint is that it isn't completely fragrance free. No, it doesn't have any fragrance added, but it does have a scent. I'm always leary of any product with a scent because my husband and I both have very sensitive skin. Overall, I won't repurchase because it is just too expensive, when Aveeno shave gel is almost as good (and many of the ingredients are the same) and is considerably cheaper. Ingredients: purified water, tea-palmitate, tea-myristate, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, tea-stearate, isopentane, chamomilla recutita, sorbital, hyaluronic acid, propylene glycol isostearate, hydroxyethylcellulose, isobutane, polyquaternium-24, butylene glycol, peg-12 laurate, hydroxypropylcellulose, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, red 33, blue 1. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2005 9:32:00 AM More reviews by jony26

Very gentle with sensitive and very-sensitive skin.
Rich and concentrated Gel. Has a nice Aloe scent.
Gives a nice clean shave with little irritation to the skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2005 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great one! It´s super if you got oily skin. Any skin type can use it...It feels good too shave with it and no razor burn after. It smells nice...
The best shave gel I have tested!
UPDATE. I have been using this now for over a year. I never get razorburns after using this. Before I started to use this I had razorburns for a day after my morning shave.but now no irritation! So nothing else to say than this is amazing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2005 1:53:00 PM More reviews by beachkitty79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was pretty nice for me (tried it on my legs and pits), but mostly this gets raves from my dad. I decided to buy some of this for him for father's day since I always have trouble with gift ideas for him. I thought, hey, he'll always need some shaving cream or gel unless he decides to grow a Santa Claus beard...lol. Anyway, he called me and said it's the best he's ever used. I bought him the post-shave healer by Clinique as well, and he said he almost doesn't need that after shaving when he uses this gel. I prefer something a little creamier, so I probably will only repurchase for him. The good news for women using this is that Clinique products are unfragranced, so you don't have to worry about smelling like a man!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2003 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jecmommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one is a definite winner! Got if for husband and he raves about it. Gives a good close shave and makes his skin feel soft. Also it lasts much longer than other products he has tried.
Will buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2003 10:55:00 AM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know if it's this, or the Venus Razor, or the combination of both, but I now get the smoothest, most bump-free shaves ever (and that's pretty amazing considering I get a lot of irritation if I use the wrong products.) It foams on contact into a rich lather which rinses off easily; it's unscented, which is really nice, and it doesn't make the razor drag or skip in any way. I don't think I will ever need to use another shave gel again!