MAC #213 Fluff Brush

4.4

on 4/22/2015 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This was one of the first MAC brushes I ever bought (2010). As others have said, it's great for packing color onto the eyelid before adding contour in the crease with a 217 or similar. I've also found it useful for adding a highlight to the brow bone. While I've recently caught myself using the 217 for everything (eyelid and crease) because it's quicker, I still think the 213 is slightly superior at creating a base of color on the lids. And, more complicated looks definitely turn out better if I use this brush first as it was intended, even if it's only because I'm keeping my 217 clean for use later! So, in summary: Good brush. Not mission critical.

on 6/9/2014 1:25:00 PM

I agree with a lot of reviews that this is a starter brush although I still use mine for packing colour onto the lid when I don't have a clean 239!

on 12/8/2013 2:52:00 AM

What a special little brush!! I use this brush everyday for packing on color along with the 217 for blending. It's just perfect.

on 3/20/2013 3:58:00 AM

I love this brush -- its other rave reviews here are well-deserved. This was my first MAC eyeshadow brush, and it works so well universally for applying and blending. Even though I have bought other eyeshadow brushes since, I still use this one the most. This one makes eyeshadow application very easy.

The bristles are soft and not harsh on the skin (important especially in the sensitive eye area). I have not experienced any shedding with this brush.

I was a total MAC newbie when I bought this product. I can tell why the MAC sales associate recommended this specific brush, since it works so well as a starter eyeshadow brush for those who are new to MAC or new to makeup in general.

on 3/6/2013 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This brush is something I use quite often but tend not to think about. I've had the same brush for 4 or 5 years now at least and it's lasted, not shed, and this has impressed me. I don't use this to try to pack on color (I use the 239 for that), but it applies a wash of color beautifully, and I also like it for applying dark colors for a readily smoked effect. I call this my "worker brush" because it gets its job done without fancy fanfare. I'd buy it again.

on 1/29/2013 9:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I had this brush for about 5 years and it still looks and feels like a new brush. The bristle are densely bundled but soft and I use it to apply eye shadow to my upper eyelids. It does a great job and this brush is very durable. Even though I've had it for so long it doesn't shed at all.

Great quality brush, which is worth the money!

on 8/19/2011 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This one was my first actual MAC brush purchase (I have the 150 which was a gift) and I love it. I am not at all adept at applying intricate eyeshadow - in fact, I usually do a primer, a lid color and maybe a highlight and call it a day. This brush is great for applying my shadow on my lid. It goes on even and smooth and perfect - even my loose powder shadows. This I would actually buy again. The price is a bit off-putting but well worth the investment. No brush in my arsenal compares.

on 6/8/2011 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite brush! It does the shading perfectly! The hair doesn't fall off and holds the shadow pigment in well. I probably can do my entire eye just using this one brush.

on 12/12/2010 10:12:00 AM

Nice brush for applying eyeshadow, not the best for blending. Keeps its shape well, easy to clean. Perfect brush

on 8/10/2010 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I use this brush everyday and I don't think I could do with another one!! It is just perfect for distributing colour on lids. Not great for blending the colours out, but as it's not meant to, I wasn't expecting it to... I did try a similar brush from Smashbox (which I absolutely love for some brushes) for the same job, but it just was not the same.

Top Rated MAC Products