Jason Natural Cosmetics Satin Shower Body Wash Rosewater and Glycerin

3.9

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Purified Water), Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultane, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel*, Rosa Damascena (Rosewater) Extract, Decyl Glucoside, Vegetable Glycerin, Cocamide MEA, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract*, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Glycol Stearate, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit E), Panthenol (Vit B), Lecithin, Retinyl Palmitate (Vit A), Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Fruit Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Natural Color, Fragrance Oil Blend.

on 4/6/2014 6:20:00 PM

This used to be one of my favourite shower gels about fifteen or so years ago (?). Unfortunately, the last time I purchased this, Jason's obviously re-formulated their shower gels. The scent of the rosewater, once my absolute favourite, is no where near the same. It used to be one of the loveliest, most unique scents; now it just smells generic. They also had a matching lotion which was at the time called "Old-fashioned" rosewater, but that has changed as well.

Jason's shower gel generally is still a good buy for the price. I still like the apricot, tea tree, and aloe, but I find I use this less often now. I don't like when you are charged more for inferior ingredients in the formula. Packaging is still fine; the pump is handy.

UPDATE: Recently repurchased after having not seen it in stores for awhile, thought I'd give it another chance. Seems more like the old formula, also the aloe is as good as it was before. Maybe had a bad batch, or enough complaints made Jason's return to the old classic. These two body washes are still among my favourites in terms of cleansing and conditioning They are also very economical.

on 3/21/2013 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Oh my this stuff is heaven! It lathers up very well and smells divine. I smell pretty for a good while afterwards, too. The bottle is large and has a pump on it, which makes it super easy to dispense and helps avoid wasting the product. It's a bit pricey, I paid about $16, but it's huge and very worth it to me.

on 8/5/2011 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

No big secret~I love bathing. I am addicted to it. With that comes a plethora of body washes and soaps in my expansive bathroom. When I saw the GIANT bottle of JASON Body Wash Rosewater and Glycerin, I jumped at it like a hungry tiger. I love rosewater, and I love body wash. This bottle (jeeze Idk it's gotta be a liter of soap!) will be in my shower for months.
This body wash make my KP prone skin smooth and leaves it feeling moist. I like to use it as a shampoo, and the rose smell isn't lingering or cloying. I am certain however if it weren't half price at the time I pounced I would not have bought it.
This product is free of parabens & various skin harming DNA altering junk, so enjoy!

on 11/14/2010 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

For a SLS Free Body soap, this is a good one. The scent is very light, only slightly rose smelling. It lathers well and leaves me clean, so that's pretty much what it's supposed to do. It does not dry out my skin like sulfates which is a bonus, I now use less body moisturizer. The bottle will last forever and it's in a pump for easy dispensing. I do like Jason's Products overall and this is a good one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One thing Jason doesn't do well is scents. They aren't bad per se, just boring and not particularly pleasant. Rosewater is no different, but I like it enough over the other scents. But really, that is about the only negative about this product. It suds really well, even without sodium lauryl sulfate. It isn't drying or iritating, contains no parabens, and isn't tested on animals. It isn't exactly the rock star of the body wash world, but you can't beat it's practicality and price (about $12.00 for 30 ounces).

on 1/19/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love how creamy this feels and the lasting fragrance. It foams up really well, especially for something without SLS. Not as great when I tried it as a bubble bath, it made kind of wimpy bubbles. So far: not drying, no irritation.

I really like this product! A little goes a very long way, creating MASSES of creamy lather, oodles of bubbles with a lovely fragrance. Leaves my usually dry skin feeling soooo soft! I use it as a bubble bath too.

on 9/28/2008 2:59:00 PM

I thought this was an okay product. The scent wasn't as prominent as I hoped it would be, but it was still a light, pretty, girly scent. It did lather well and rinsed away cleanly. The fact that it's SLS-free is definitely a plus. I'd repurchase, but only if I couldn't find the Lavender, which I found much more pleasing.

on 11/3/2007 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've tried their soaps and body washes and I think the soaps are more emollient. But ultimately, I don't care for the smells. There is a undertone to their stuff that is the same, no matter what scent you use, and I don't care for it. I find the Apricot to be the least offensive -- the Rose is nice, but the undertone is stronger to me and I think it's more drying. I hated the smell of the Aloe. I also found that my skin itched with these.

on 2/26/2007 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS BODY WASH.

Everything about it - the fragrance (soft roses, very delicate and fresh), the feel of my skin after using it (not drying) and the fact that it is pure and organic. I am so totally looking forward to trying out the rosewater body lotion now. I actually love looking at the bottle also, it's large with a pump - a steal at 7! I love the smell of me and my bathroom after taking a shower! Look forward to bathroom time with this product in there!

Popular Gels/Soaps