March 1, 2015 | 2062 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Tempting

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Prinny88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

MAC eye shadows, extensive and expensive. At 13 individually or 10 refills they're pricey, but you can make your own palette which is brilliant cos let's face it, we've all got a few palettes with a couple of untouched 'horrid' colours still lurking around haven't we.

So my kit is a 4 space pro-palette (which you can change up whenever you want, they're just held in with magnets) with:

Honey Lust lustre- yummy super shimmery rose gold colour, NOT for daytime!! But perfect for a night out because the colour is still fairly neutral so it stops it from looking gaudy.

Soba- a darker, more golden beige, fab for contouring and to add definition.

Era- a lovely light pearly-beige colour, great for all over the eye as a base or on its own.

Typographic- a highly pigmented matt black, easy to blend, perfect for a dramatic eye.

*TIP try smudging soba into black kohl liner along the lash line for a light smokey eye, perfect for a sultry daytime look that's not too ott
Xx

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 8:51:00 PM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

I love this shadow for the lower lashline. It is not too dark or too light and it defines my eyes. It's great for everyday use.
I also love how shimmery this is, so with a dark base, it creates the most gorgeous smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by LittleMissLawyer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG brown eyeshadow (and I have a LOT of brown eyeshadows). I don't know what it is about this one, but it's just the perfect brown on me. I'm PPP/neutral and have had every hair color from black to golden blonde in the few years I've had this eyeshadow, and it always looks great. It also looks great when used as an eyeliner. I always thought of it as "dark brown" on my super pale skin, but I suppose that it's actually a shimmery medium brown. I have Naked 2 and a whole lot of other brown eyeshadows, but this one really looks the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

For my coloring (NC20-25, hazel eyes), this is the perfect 'everyday' shimmery light brown shade. Totally work appropriate when worn with a light brown or mustardy brown in the crease. I like pairing it with uninterrupted or texture to blend out/deepen up the crease. It looks super shimmery in the pan but it doesn't transfer to the eyes.

Lovely pigmentation, texture and blendability.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my dog I love this shadow. Thought it would be too frosty but as a Luster it is perfect. If you burnish this with a brush it comes up beautifully shiny. Have to add that this brightens and ups the amp of my blue/green eyes like no other shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc25-30, warm and yellow

This is a gorgeous warm bronzy brown color with a tiny hint of gold. Texture is buttery and smooth. Makes my brown eyes pop. This is the type of eyeshadow where you can just swipe it over your lids, blend the crease and it would look like you tried so hard.

I love pairing this shadow with warm orange-y shadows like "texture" and "saddle". Definitely would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This colour is really pretty, it's kind of like a golden bronze. I found it easy and smooth to apply and no fall-out. But when I was out I looked in the mirror and I was a bit disappointed to see that it didn't really show up, you couldn't really see it too well. I have such muddy-looking dark skin always, NC30 in the winter but I have a tan most of the time because I live in a hot and sunny place, so much darker skin most of the time even now when it's not summer. And it doesn't really show up when you have such dark skin, it's about the same shade as my skin when I'm tanned. So for those of you who complain about being paper white, you don't know how lucky you are: you can wear most eyeshadow colours and they will show up on your skin and really pop. I can only wear the darkest shades if I want them to actually be visible.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first MAC eyeshadow that I've truely love and have bothered to write a review for. I love love LOVE this shadow.

I bought this shadow as it is a very good Urban Decay Smog alternative. I would say UD Smog is more buttery to apply and goes on the lid deeper compared to Tempting. However, that being said, it is very easy to build up the shade using one colour for a smokey eyelook.

The brown in this shadow kind of moves with you if that makes sense. I swatched it on my hand at a counter before I bought it, and everytime I moved my hand I felt like the shade looked different at different angles.

I wear this on my outer 2/3 of my lid, and my bottom lash line with MACs All that glitters as a wash prior. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG eyeshadow. I just love it. It's a bronzey brown. Usually, I wear Tempting alone all over my lid with just a bit of mascara and a swipe from a MAC paint pot underneath it to make it stay. I have pale, rosy skin and blue eyes for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this shade, great on the lid/crease, I love this for a brown smokey eye as its not to dark and harsh. This is not a gold shade, when swatching it you will see that it is a muted metallic brown type shade. Can never have enough neautrals :)