November 28, 2014 | 1114 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Filament (GoLightly)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I actually find this shadow quite pleasant to use. When first seeing it I was slightly hesitant in buying it because it looked just like any other plain, shimmery silver/white highlight colour that I already have so many of, but for me this one has turned out to be pretty versatile. Yes, it does require a bit of building and yes the fallout can be annoying, but the look you get at the end is worth it for me. Often I use NYX milk underneath when I'm doing a brownbone highlight because that brings out the colour pretty easily. Plus its a really good colour if you are looking to do a silvery, grey and black smokey look. Also good for an inner corner highlight. I would recommend, and probably buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Color doesn't show up much. I would never ever wear this alone since anyway its more of just a plain and simple grey glitter. I like the look of it when I put over and yeah fallouts pretty annoying but I still really enjoy when I put this on top of my other MAC neutral colors to give a little glitter and the slightest bit of highlight on the brow bone and corner of eyes. However i dont really know if id repurchase because its alot of $$ for something quite simple I could proably find a super cheap glitter that does just about the same thing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by whitelace6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Loved this shadow in the pan. Bought it for an under-brow highlighter. I didn't notice much more fallout compared to other shadows, and I always use a fluff brush after applying eyeshadow anyway. However, there was so little color payoff! Just could not build it. It was satisfactory in blending uneven or toning down too-bright shadow applications, which is what I ended up using it for. With its grittiness I couldn't imagine using it for an allover lid wash, and I haven't tried it wet. A disappointment because it looked so pretty at first. Would not repurchase or recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Belle_de_Jour

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am continually on the hunt for the perfect shimmery grey-->this is not it! Everything the other reviewers have said is true. Gorgeous in the pan, but the it;s fallout like nobody's business. So disappointed because it's very beguiling. Now I see why MAs recommend Electra rather than this...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ryegirl

I bought this eyeshadow because it was so pretty in the pan. It was quite dissappointing when I put it on because there was a lot of fall out and the color didn't really show up.

This is the first mac eyeshadow I have ever not liked.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Zabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well I bought this one on a whim at MAC when I went in for something entirely different, and that was a mistake - should have come here to read the reviews first!
The colour looks very pretty in the pot (which is probably what tricked me into buying it) but the fallout is pretty awful. By midday I have sparkles on my cheeks and I dont like that, it looks like I put the eyeshadow all over my face on purpose! I havent tried applying it wet yet, but I would guess that that would look very sparkly and too over-the-top for a typical day. Maybe I will save that for a night out.
Otherwise, I will use this over matte eyeshadows to give them some sparkle, as another reviewer mentioned. And I wont use much, in an attempt to avoid the sparkle-face effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think Im one of the few people that like this eyeshadow. I originally bought this as a highlight color for under my brows but now I also love to use it as a wash over my matte shadows to give them some sparkle. I have also used this alone with some black eyeliner for a sheer sparkle. It makes matte black when doing a smokey eye really different and pretty on my eyes! The sparkles are rather small in my opinion and are true silver in color. I already knew it was pretty sheer having tried it on at the counter so I was never disapointed with the color payoff. There is alot of glitter in this eyeshadow so if you don't like glitter then don't buy this product. Also be aware that this might have some fallout. For some strange reason I have never really had a problem with fallout from filament but it sounds like other people have. The only reason I gave it a four instead of five was because the glitter feels a little rough and gritty...not smooth. Although I didn't find that the glitter was as big or gritty as say snatch from the pony palette by urban decay which I hate. Overall I would repurchase. I'm on my second pan now.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Penningtonfan676

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this color, but only when applied wet. When applied dry, it has SO much fall out, it's not really worth trying. There is no color pay off, it just looks like glitter all over the place. However, when applied wet, I find the color pay off is way better and the fall out is cut in half. It looks like an entirely different eyeshadow. I now found a new liking to this shadow that I once hated!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a silver shadow from MAC and was shown this shade by the sales associate. This hardly shows up on my skin, has huge fallout all over my cheeks, and is gritty and difficult to apply. I will not be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by vampirekisses25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Really crappy eyeshadow. There's tone of fallout in this eyeshadow and the texture feels chalky. It looks so pretty in the pan. Not a must eyeshadow in my collection.