September 2, 2014 | 1888 users online

Cleansers - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Vitamin C Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by MDevanney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before the formula changed this product was my HG, now it's my worst nightmare. In the old bottle and formulation it left my skin bright and clean, but now it leaves me red and raw! For those with oily skin this may still be a viable option, but sensitive skinned gals beware! I noticed a few red bumps appear the following morning of using, but I wrote them off as breakthrough pimples. After several days of use there's no denying this face wash is the culprit. Really disappointed because I wanted to love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by kathureen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i've been looking for a natural cleanser that would be best for my combination skin. it's been 2 weeks since i bought it and it already lightened my acne scars! i have heard that vitamin C helps in lightening scars/marks. I use this with avalon vitamin C toner which is a bit sticky.. and its moisturizer. the milk cleanser are for normal/combination skin and the gel is for oily skin. hope that helps

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by lovingbeautystuff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG more affordable cleanser for combination oily skin when I am not using my more expensive ones. It smells like oranges and really helps add firmness to my face. Caution: It may have been reformulated

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by aquarius1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. I have combination skin and this product really suits it. First of all, I love the smell. It smells of oranges and I love oranges! Then, I love the fact that I only need a tiny amount to remove make-up and it's one of the very few cleansers that don't irritate my eyes. It's the first time I'm using it but I'll definitely buy it again. Great value for money, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Great, gentle cleanser. I have combo skin (dry around the lips, oily on the nose and cheeks), and when I started using this once a day, it made my skin softer and brighter, but without drying it out. That being said, I don't think it has long-term effects on skin--it only temporarily brightens it--and in my experience it's not that great at oil control. I'm open to buying it again, but in the meantime, I'm trying out other facial cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this because my favorite cleanser by Orjene Organics has been discontinued and I needed a gentle cleanser for washing my face in the morning and to use after my DHC oil cleanser at night. My skin is normal-to-dry, somewhat sensitive, and prone to all kinds of annoying crap (zits, dermatitis, random rashes, you name it). I was looking around Whole Foods and saw this was on sale. The ingredients didn't look objectionable at first glance and I figured the gel texture and citrus fragrance will be nice as the weather continues to warm up.

I've been using this morning and night for about 2-3 weeks now and so far, I'm liking it. I have not experienced any adverse reactions. It cleans my face thoroughly without giving me that dreaded tight, stripped feeling. In fact, it seems to deposit some sort of light oil or something because my skin will feel superficially silky smooth after I finish rinsing. So far, so good. I will update if there are any problems, though I don't expect there to be.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by marionlwma

This is a great morning cleanser. It does an ok job breaking down makeup but I would use something stronger as I wear heavy eye makeup. Not sure if it causes any brightening but the renewal cream is really great.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by HaveMercyJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this for a week now and I don't really like it. It doesn't have a good lather and it doesn't seem to clean all of my makeup off. I may just continue to use it as a morning cleanser. It got two lippys from me since it smells nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by MzHoneyB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure how i feel about this product really. I bought it for the vitamin C and milky cleansing in conjunction

Texture: nice and creamy- smells good but you need to use one whole pump..not as concentrated as i was hoping for BUT i feel that my skin tone overall has improved with dryness and occasional acne is kept at bay BUT nothing for tone or texture.

price: roughly $12-15 it's pricey BUT you get a HUGE bottle for an organic product, it delivers enough for those on a meager budget and eco-conscious

longevity: at 1 pump morning/evening i have had this for 1 1/2 mos and i still have just over half the bottle- HUGE BOTTLE for the price

Pro: does have vitamin C with a milk cleanser- keeps occasional acne at bay

Con: not sure if it's doing anything texture or tone-wise

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by k108

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many others here, I had high hopes for this product. However, after a few days of use I noticed my skin was in worse shape than it's been in YEARS... pimples, redness, blotchiness. And not nice pimples; rather, the angry, aggressive kind of pimples that don't form a head and just sit there for days on end looking red and irritated. I don't know WHAT is in this stuff, but my skin did NOT like this product. Returning to Whole Foods asap. Being an all-natural, organic type of person, I'd never thought that the Aveeno cleanser I tried recently would be a far superior product (not in terms of ingredients, but in results).