April 19, 2014 | 910 users online

Cleansers - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Vitamin C Facial Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by marionlwma

This is a great morning cleanser. It does an ok job breaking down makeup but I would use something stronger as I wear heavy eye makeup. Not sure if it causes any brightening but the renewal cream is really great.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by HaveMercyJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this for a week now and I don't really like it. It doesn't have a good lather and it doesn't seem to clean all of my makeup off. I may just continue to use it as a morning cleanser. It got two lippys from me since it smells nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by MzHoneyB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure how i feel about this product really. I bought it for the vitamin C and milky cleansing in conjunction

Texture: nice and creamy- smells good but you need to use one whole pump..not as concentrated as i was hoping for BUT i feel that my skin tone overall has improved with dryness and occasional acne is kept at bay BUT nothing for tone or texture.

price: roughly $12-15 it's pricey BUT you get a HUGE bottle for an organic product, it delivers enough for those on a meager budget and eco-conscious

longevity: at 1 pump morning/evening i have had this for 1 1/2 mos and i still have just over half the bottle- HUGE BOTTLE for the price

Pro: does have vitamin C with a milk cleanser- keeps occasional acne at bay

Con: not sure if it's doing anything texture or tone-wise

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by MikuM

Smells like orange juice. Feels really clean. I use this 3 times a day and it lasts me 2 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by k108

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many others here, I had high hopes for this product. However, after a few days of use I noticed my skin was in worse shape than it's been in YEARS... pimples, redness, blotchiness. And not nice pimples; rather, the angry, aggressive kind of pimples that don't form a head and just sit there for days on end looking red and irritated. I don't know WHAT is in this stuff, but my skin did NOT like this product. Returning to Whole Foods asap. Being an all-natural, organic type of person, I'd never thought that the Aveeno cleanser I tried recently would be a far superior product (not in terms of ingredients, but in results).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by CarrieGonzalez

While this contains Vit C & other Vitamins, I believe it has to lay on your skin for a while to absorb the goodness of the nutrients. Simply washing you face for less than a minute doesn't really help brighten and even out skintone. I would definitely buy this again because I like the ingredients and the organic aspect behind this brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just finished my 2nd bottle of this cleanser, it's one of those awesome organic products that I haven't found anything better yet, and I've tried a few. I find myself constantly going back to it because it's gentle, yet cleanses my skin enough to keep it clean and very clear. It does have to capability of lathering very well like a normal drugstore cleanser, but I've only been successful with that while using my olay pro-x brush.

I don't wear face makeup, just concealer under the eyes (but it's usually faded away by end of day lol), so I'm not sure how I can speak upon it's makeup removing properties, but it does break down mascara nicely too.

Really like this stuff, about to shop around for a better price online for my next bottle!!

Check out my review for the renewal cream by the same line/company

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Camchichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cleanser is fantastically simple, non-stripping, and (mostly) organic! I *HAD* combo-oily skin with an awful skin picking habit and hormonal pimples as well as cheek pimples, but with this cleanser my skin cleared right up! I use once daily at night with my Clarisonic Mia sensitive brush heads followed by Cerave moisturizer. I love the light citrus scent of this product and that I DON'T feel any film leftover on my face and that it doesn't strip all the oil away and make my skin dry. I often stray away of this product (about $9 with tax at Target) but I have no idea why. It's my go-to, winter or summer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Great Vitamin C gel facial wash. Good value, smells great, lathers really well but leaves a slight residue if you use too much. Just half a pump takes care of my face, neck and the tops of my arms (all prone to hyperpigmentation). Leaves my skin feeling good, never dry or taut. I can see my teenage daughter nicking this one if I'm not careful as it smells so yummy. I get through my beloved Elemis Melting Cleansing Gel far too quickly, this kind of reminds me of it but it is much better value, so although I am a cleanser/make-up remover tart (I repurchase six on a regular basis), I will try to be brave and stick with this for everyday cleansing. Once my others are almost finished ... NB: could not use this when my very occasional rosacea flared up - it was too strong. I still love it though and will go back to it when my skin is back to my version of 'normal'.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Cpdang

This cleanser (gel) is very good. It's mild and lathering but doesn't strip your natural oil, the citrus scent is a plus. I got it along with the toner at Target for 8.97 dollars each and within the first week of usage I can tell my dehydrated skin got so much better, it's moisturizing but doesn't make my skin overly oily. I would buy this product again.