April 21, 2014 | 1067 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although most people use this brush for blending eye shadow, my main use for it is applying liquid under-eye concealer. For that purpose, I think it's just perfect. Also, you don't have to use a lot of concealer (despite having to use a good one obviously or the brush won't do any good! - I use the Pro Longwear by MAC, which I also found to be amazing) to hide those awful dark circles, which is a plus. Mine are very hard to cover and this brush really helps without having to use a lot of product. As for shedding, I have only used it (and washed it) a few times so I can't comment on that. However, so far so good.

As for the packaging, I was expecting more from MAC. I mean, MAC is an expensive brand and this is an expensive makeup brush. Therefore, you'd think they would come up with a cute idea for its packaging. Instead, I got this brush wrapped in a simple piece of plastic with a small black tag saying what type of brush it is. Very disappointing since this is not the case of other MAC products that I own, such as concealer, brush cleanser, finishing powder, etc. The brush itself is pretty though: black with silver letters.

As for the price, I got mine for 37 euros. Yes, it is quite expensive. Is it worth it? I think so, because I haven't found a brush that works as well as this one for applying under-eye concealer. Nevertheless, it's a lot of money for one makeup brush and I would not think twice If I had a cheaper alternative.

Overall, I recommend you try this brush before buying it and see for yourself. Not everyone likes the same things. Personally, I'm in love with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

This is a good blending brush. I think there are plenty of brushes out there that are equivalent, but it still does a good job.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by MrzVentura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best blending brush I have ever used...love love love...it may be a little pricy but it is worth it. I cannot even explain how amazing this brush is.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by mdaustin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this blending brush. I've never been great at blending but suddenly I'm so much better. In the past I used the wrong eye brushes to blend eyeshadow and didn't get very far with it. I bought this at MAC a while ago and it still works great. If you haven't found the right blending brush, defnitely give this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

The 224 brush is one of my favorite brushes by MAC. I use the brush to apply color in the crease of the eye and sometimes to apply a highlight. The brush applies the shadow nicely but it might be a bit broad to work in the creases for some eyes. The 222 might be better suited for smaller eyes. I have had this brush for 7 years and its still in good shape. I recommend this brush for anyone looking to build a basic brush kit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own two of these. One I use to blend out my eyeshadow when doing a dark or smokey eye. I have to be careful not to over blend though because sometimes it can make it look too smudgey. The other I use to apply my undereye concealer. It blends it out perfectly and is soft enough to use under the eye area. I highly recommend this brush. X

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Great blending brush :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by amascovs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I hate this brush. The Sigma E25 wayyyy outperformsit. I have large eyes with deep sockets and this brush still manages to sweep eyeshadow everywhere and overblend everything. I bought this brush less than 3 months ago and it's already rough and scratchy.

The MUA at the MAC store assured me this would be my ultimate favorite blending brush...man she was WRONG! The brush is already shedding, despite the fact that I take excellent care of it (and all my brushes), and even with a brush cover, the bristles are splaying and curling.

I hate this brush so much. I don't know why I can't bring myself to throw it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Again, another excellent brush by MAC.

I use this to blend as well as for light applications. I do find that it's a bit big for my small eyes, still I manage to use it. The smaller one would've worked better for me. Still, a wonderful brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This brush is great and versatile. You could use it for blending concealer, setting concealer with powder or for blending eyeshadows. Personally, I use it to set my concealer as it is small enough to get in all the fine lines and contour areas.

Also, a great quality brush for 22 that washes well (goes a little fluffier than it originally was) and doesn't shed. I use this brush every day and love it, I'd be gutted if it broke or I lost it because I would rather purchase a cheaper dupe if I could find one.