July 29, 2014 | 1980 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by gpsbabyyy

i originally bought this brush to do my concealer. when i went to mac, the m/a blended my concealer with this brush & it came out flawless!! so i bought it. i bought it to use to blend my concealer and blend out my crease....2 in 1. yeaaah right. when i went home and tried it for m concealer the next morning it shed like crazy!!! but when i used it in my crease it didn't shed at all and my eyeshadow looked amazing. that's all i use it for tho...i was dissapointed about how it shed when i blended out my concealer but its amazing for the crease!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really disliked this brush, I went for this because of all the great reviews and I needed another blending brush. I should've just bought a second mac217 because this one is not good. It's all over the place and takes forever for me too achieve the color I want with this and to blend it out. Maybe if it was a little stiffer it would work better. I've had this for like 3 months and used it 2-3 times. I really regret not returning it :( around 35 dollars for a mediocre brush is such a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't really care for this brush. I found it to be a bit too floppy for my taste. I needed a brush that is more directional and I didn't find that in this one. Applying color with it was a no-go. It would always apply my eyeshadows in unwanted areas. Blending with it was a scratchy experience. I'm truly not a fan. I've even tried it for concealer blending and would much rather prefer using synthetic bristles for that job.

I returned it and instead bought the Hakuhodo J5522 brush which I love. When it comes to applying and blending out eyeshadows, this brush performs very well, plus, it's extremely soft and gentle on my eyes. Definitely wouldn't repurchase the Mac 224, especially, when there is alternatives out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A must have in any brush collection. Fantastic for blending and applying transition colours above the crease. Look at my review for Naked3 and here this brush was invaluable. I could not have achieved the look. Washes up well. I would say this brush is a must have!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although most people use this brush for blending eye shadow, my main use for it is applying liquid under-eye concealer. For that purpose, I think it's just perfect. Also, you don't have to use a lot of concealer (despite having to use a good one obviously or the brush won't do any good! - I use the Pro Longwear by MAC, which I also found to be amazing) to hide those awful dark circles, which is a plus. Mine are very hard to cover and this brush really helps without having to use a lot of product. As for shedding, I have only used it (and washed it) a few times so I can't comment on that. However, so far so good.

As for the packaging, I was expecting more from MAC. I mean, MAC is an expensive brand and this is an expensive makeup brush. Therefore, you'd think they would come up with a cute idea for its packaging. Instead, I got this brush wrapped in a simple piece of plastic with a small black tag saying what type of brush it is. Very disappointing since this is not the case of other MAC products that I own, such as concealer, brush cleanser, finishing powder, etc. The brush itself is pretty though: black with silver letters.

As for the price, I got mine for 37 euros. Yes, it is quite expensive. Is it worth it? I think so, because I haven't found a brush that works as well as this one for applying under-eye concealer. Nevertheless, it's a lot of money for one makeup brush and I would not think twice If I had a cheaper alternative.

Overall, I recommend you try this brush before buying it and see for yourself. Not everyone likes the same things. Personally, I'm in love with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

This is a good blending brush. I think there are plenty of brushes out there that are equivalent, but it still does a good job.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by MrzVentura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best blending brush I have ever used...love love love...it may be a little pricy but it is worth it. I cannot even explain how amazing this brush is.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by mdaustin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this blending brush. I've never been great at blending but suddenly I'm so much better. In the past I used the wrong eye brushes to blend eyeshadow and didn't get very far with it. I bought this at MAC a while ago and it still works great. If you haven't found the right blending brush, defnitely give this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

The 224 brush is one of my favorite brushes by MAC. I use the brush to apply color in the crease of the eye and sometimes to apply a highlight. The brush applies the shadow nicely but it might be a bit broad to work in the creases for some eyes. The 222 might be better suited for smaller eyes. I have had this brush for 7 years and its still in good shape. I recommend this brush for anyone looking to build a basic brush kit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own two of these. One I use to blend out my eyeshadow when doing a dark or smokey eye. I have to be careful not to over blend though because sometimes it can make it look too smudgey. The other I use to apply my undereye concealer. It blends it out perfectly and is soft enough to use under the eye area. I highly recommend this brush. X