November 24, 2014 | 1021 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Honey Lust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by cyens

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I do find the eyeshadow quite patchy compared to other Mac eyeshadow I used in the past. I discovered that the best way to apply this is with your finger or a q-tip. Using it wet is also an other great way to use it.
The way I like to wear honey lust, is paired with a matte eyeshadow. I use a skintone nude color, in my case, I like NYX lap dance. Then apply honey lust over it, very lightly. Add some eyeliner and mascara, with a bit of highlighter on the browbone and inner corner. Its perfect for day time and it really makes my eyes pop. Perfect combo for the summer.

For references, I got honey lust as part of the devilishly dark quad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is gorgeous with green eyes and fairer skin. I don't wear it that often, but whenever I do I wonder why this color often slips my mind! It's great! Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by NatachaXoxo

My favourite shadow!! I've been using this shadow for about 7 years. I never go without it. If I'm going to wear only one shadow on my lid this is it! I can wear it alone or pair it with bronze for a bronzy smoky look. When wearing this alone I often apply it upwards and past my lid towards to outer 3rd of my brow, looks fantastic in pictures too! With that being said, ill say it Tends to look even better on me when I'm tanned so although i think this could compliment almost anyone, I do think that this is very much suited for tanned or olive complexions.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Violajn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't understand the negative reviews of this eyeshadow. Honey lust was the first MAC product I got, and even though I have enough make up for a small country this is probably the only product I would give 5 lippies without having to think about it. Even though it's a warm toned eyeshadow, I still love it on my very cool skin as it brings out my blue eyes. The colour is a delicious peachy gold, and it goes on as a subtle glimmering sheen (but I don't find it too glittery, there's no chunks.) It can be easily built up to a more orangey gold with sparkle.
I also don't have any problems with fallout, and I often wear this without a base. It's one shadow I always apply with fingers, and I find it goes on easilyand stays put. It's lovely as a simple wash of colour. I will repurchase this every time I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

This is a nice rose/peach/gold shimmer. I'm not having any of the issues some posters are having with this shade. I experience zero fall out or glittery appearance. I pat it on with my brush and it adheres nicely on the lid. Paired with mulch in my crease & outer- v, line my top and bottom lids with MAC teddy kohl pencil and I have a nice everyday look. This NC45 beauty wil definitely repurchase once I hit pan on this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

This product comes in a single pot with a decent amount of product in it. The color, honey lust has goldish and coppery undertones and is highly pigmented. Glides great onto the lids and with a primer, (I use nyx eyeshadow base) it has great staying power. This color is very workable and looks good all by itself or with earthy tones, neutrals, peaches, mossy greens and darks for a smoked out look. I don't regularly purchase MAC prodcuts because they aren't in my budget but this is a great color with great quality.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by mikxoh

when this was swatched on my hand it was so lovely. A warm, golden peachy color! That's all the good stuff I can say about it. Applied on the eyes it goes on patchy and lacks pigment. When I try to smooth it out it just crumbles and uhg, just terrible. This is my first MAC single eyeshadow purchase and for $15 it wasn't worth it. Returning this and I'm not having any regrets.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

I bought this eye shadow in a refill format for my Mac palette.
it is a nice warm-toned lustre shade.
I think this would work best as a neutral shade for olive to darker complexions as an all over shade, especially in the summer time.
This is not my favorite on my skin tone, but works well and is a pretty and workable shade over all.
I would repurchase as a gift for someone else, but not for myself.
I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by devonclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite eye shadow, hands down. It's a gold/copper color that I wear almost every day by itself on the lids, plus mascara. It can be dressed up easily with a little black eyeliner. The shadow stays on for about eight hours before it creases. I have bought it at least four times and will buy it again. It's a staple in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

Honey Lust is a pinky gold with golden flecks of small glitter. It's in the color family of Gleam, UD half baked and woodwinked and amber lights. I don't have any problem with fall out but I always prime my lid with moisturizer and a Mac Paintpot, or maybe a NYX JEP or the benefit's CCS which it all works quite effectively.
The glitter size is not chunky IMO, compared with the UD's Midnight cowboy rides again (actually any glitter shadow compared with that one is small glitter lol)
If you have problems with fall out you can also try wetting the shadows with some fix +.