October 31, 2014 | 1600 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Total Effects Daily Facials

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Corin123

These are the only facial cloths my sesitive, acne prone skin agrees with. Leaves my skin clean, hydrated and really smooth. However, I still do need to rinse with water to avoid clogged pores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I prefer the regular Daily Facials. These ones are too stiff and scratchy. I thought the rougher side would be good for taking makeup off, but it's just too abrasive. They do lather well though (the trick is to use LESS water, not more)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 1:35:00 AM More reviews by calikitten118

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i used to use these in the beginning of high school... and my skin never had looked better. i stopped using them because i had ran out of my abundance of free samples. well fast forward 8 years, i'm having terrible breakouts from going off the pill, and my skin is just ugly and a mess and makes me want to cry. i remember these little gems, how many compliments i got on my skin when i used them, and went out to buy them. i cut them into 4ths (always had before, one is WAY too big, half would be okay, but when 1/4 is enough why wouldn't you!?!?) and have been using them morning and night for the past week and have been SO HAPPY with how they're working. i have had not a single breakout this week, and almost every old blemish is healing and going away. my skin tone is evening out, the texture is smoothing out (i had blocked pores on my cheeks from god knows what- they had never been there before, but they're gone now!) and my skin feels soft, healthy, and supple. i am so so so glad i came back to these. i used to exfoliate daily (if not twice daily) with a scrub like apricot scrub or queen helene oatmeal and honey, and while the QH scrub was really gentle, i think they still were too much for my skin. However, without exfoliating, my skin felt rough and dirty, my nose would feel disgusting and skin would build up. i have not used those scrubs all week, just these cloths, and my skin feels amazing. i scrub all over with the exfoliating side, then the smooth side feels like a little present over my skin. they do have a fragrance but it doesn't irritate or bother me so who cares? i've used them twice a day for a week and will for probably another week or so til my skin looks perfect then drop down to just once a day, but honestly, for this price i could afford to use them twice a day forever. HG HG HG!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

meh - not impressed. First, I can't get this to lather at all! I feel like I got some "dud" cloths - I've tried wetting them alot or only just a little and it doesn't seem to matter. Second, the texture is just too harsh for my sens. skin, even on the gentler side. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by methodigal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this product. I've been a loyal user of these cleansing cloths for about five years. I was surprised by some of the nagative reviews, but everyones skin is different. To save money, I cut them in half and use a whole cloth in the evening to remove makeup and a half cloth for my morning wash. They completely remove makeup and are great for my skin. The exfoliating side is a big plus. Daily facials are a staple in my skin care routine. Fab-O product!

BIG UPDATE:

ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! Why did Olay change this product? The cloths are now softer and less "ridgid." The product revamp removed the "rough" side of the cloth and replaced it with these sickle-like half moon exfoliators. The cloths now lack the great exfoliating property that my oily-flaky skin loved. (Sigh.) Now on the hunt for a new facial cleanser. Five years of customer loyalty to this product now ends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE these, I can see some reviewers hate this product, but this is HG for me. I use these daily (kind of what they were intended for).
I do use eye MU remover first but after that, these take every ounce of makeup off my face. I like the exfoliating side, but my 44 year old skin likes a light exfoliation nightly, the softer side can be used on the eyes and usually takes off any remaining traces of eye makeup. I follow up with moisturizer and my skin is just fine. I will say I still retain a slight oiliness in the t-zone which may be why I like these. Also, the fact that I can wash my face with "soap and water" so to speak and then just toss the mess in the waste can. I have purchased these for quite some time and will continue to do so.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I found these cloths to be a little drying on my skin. They didn't foam as much as I had hoped, but my makeup came off totally. the exfoliating side is a nice touch but I couldn't get any foam on this side of the cloth. Unfortunately these left my skin tight and so shiny that Boyfriend started laughing at me. He said that he could actually see his face reflected in my forehead. It was true! I never knew that skin could be so shiny. But these cloths cleaned well and left my skin feeling absolutely fresh and renewed. I don't know whether I would purchase these again (dealing with a hysterically laughing man pointing at your forehead all night is no easy task) but for a quick fix after a night out, these are perfect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2006 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Pinki

Totally Killed My Skin. This would officially make it my anti-HG. It would be the one product that I run from screaming like I was in some bad 80's horror flick. My face looks exactly as if Freddy Krueger got at my face and was in a creative frame of mind. It is disgusting...and absolutely inappropriate for this aged professional woman. I look as if puberty reared its ugly, puss ridden head. I think Olay had better get some civic pride and pay for my replacement Burts Bees Tomato Soap and Toner. Dang. The zits on my nose better go away ASAP or there will be a woman in a bell tower. Be warned these are harsh. And mean. And dont like people. Or skin. EVIL!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2006 7:58:00 PM More reviews by brcrn

I really like these for when I want a little extra exfolliation. I even have sensitive combo skin and they don't over dry or over irritate. They have some BHA in them and seem great to deep clean my pores! 1/2 a sheet is plenty for one use too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2006 3:07:00 PM More reviews by jsnack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these. They are WAY better than the TE wet cloths. I cut them in half so they last longer. I love the rougher side it's just the kind of exfoliation my combo skin needs at the end of the day. Never drying. Easy for travel. I will use these forever.