September 19, 2014 | 1020 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Oil Free Gel AHA 12 1/2 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by kaldkald

When this product was around I liked it very much. It seemed to make my skin clearer and smoother, and didn't break me out.

When it was discontinued, I did a good deal of looking around to find something similar. I ended up landing on GLYDERM LOTION LITE. It's a thin-consistency moisturizing lotion with a high percentage of glycolic acid and not too may additives, and it's fragrance free. Comparable price-wise, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for about three weeks, so I'm hoping it's safe to go ahead and review.

I like this, and it has worked well for me. I don't feel much of anything at all when I apply this, and I expected to have some flushing as I have rosacea. It does smooth my skin out a little, my breakouts are reduced, and my rosacea has not flared. it adds some moisture. I use another serum on top for added moisture, and will add a drop or two of oil come winter.

I hate the packaging. The spatula is just weird and unsanitary, and I see no reason why this cannot be put in a pump, although those make it hard to get all the product out.

It's a bit pricey, but not over the top. I'll purchase again, but I'm always looking for new and better skin products. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using this every other night and like the recent reviewer below, I am breaking out in places I have never broken out before-sides of my cheek and above my lip. I have been trying to shrink them with hyrogen peroxide and it's working. I am not seeing any results either. It just seems like I am smearing on a gel. I don't feel anything and I just wash it off in the morning. I have been using natural AHA's for awhile, so maybe this isnt strong enough? Unless my face starts looking fab in the next two weeks, I won't be repurchasing. AHA's shouldnt cause purging-t's just sloughing off dead skin cells. Retinol's on the other hand, I can see how it would cause purging. I wanted to love this because of the 5 star reviews and the great price! Spatula applicator is useless since i would never double dip, so i use q-tip. So sad...UPDATE 05/05/10: still making me break out along my hairline and plugging up my pores a little. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by cpring

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this product, but I'm pretty sure that its breaking me out. Also, it doesn't seem like it is smoothing out my skin. It is a gel consistancy that doesn't really seem to absorb well. I haven't been using this consistancy, only about one night a week, so it might be some sort of purging situation, but I'm not going to push through.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Thata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After looking for AHA products online, I came across this Jason oil-free moisturizer on the MUA website and since it had so many great reviews, I decided to give it a try. I have been using it for about 5 days and I am surprised at how such a light, oil-free gel could be so beneficial to my skin. I usually break out very easily if my skin doesn't like certain products (usually the chemical ones with strong smells) but this one has kept my skin in check, I have not broken out, my skin feels great in the morning and I'm hoping to see more improvements after I've used it for a while. The only thing is that I can't use this solely as a moisturizer so I wash my face (night and day), pat it dry, apply the Jason AHA and let it dry. Then, after it's no longer sticky and it's nicely dried, I apply a moisturizer. So far, I'm very happy with this product... even my pores are smaller (and I have ginormous pores on my cheeks.) I already ordered another bottle from Vitacost and will leave another review to tell you how my skin looks after a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A true HG for me. The ratings for this product are so high, and people were touting it as a real miracle product for getting rid of a lot of skin nasties, I just couldn't resist. Fortunately, it's all true, this IS a miracle product. My skin is loving it, it has been clog-free and blackhead-free throughout my use of this. My extractor is picking up almost nothing after I put this into my routine!
    One weekend I was away, I forgot this at home & when I returned -blech-the nasties were back clogging my pores (esp. nose). It's a very light gel that will take a minute or so to sink in and won't feel greasy or sticky. The little paddle applicator is ?? unhygienic to say the least, but I can live with it. You owe it to yourself to at least try this, it's only like $13 on Vitacost.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by mniktn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product due to the positive reviews here on MUA. Before using this product, I had a moderate break out on one side of my face. After about 2 uses, I noticed some of the redness had gone down. My face now is normal after a few weeks (less than 3 weeks) of using this aha nightly. This is my first aha product and I will be looking into more aha products because of the drastic results I got from this one. The only downside I can think of is the crappy packaging, but I would still repurchase this product nonetheless..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by iamchristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't usually write reviews but I had to for this product! This product is amazing! I have some acne scars on my face that have been bothering me for a while and my friend showed me this product and i decided to try it and she actually got me a bottle and I received it the other day and tried it on right away. I put it on a pimple and on some scars that I had on my face and within a couple of hours my pimple was gone. In the morning i noticed that my scar had gotten lighter as well. Im now on day 2 with using this product and so far its great! I can't wait to see the results in a couple of weeks! My only minor complaint about this product is the packaging. It comes in this tiny glass jar with a spatula thing attached to the cap. It doesn't really bother me that much though but i feel like it could be better. I would definitely buy this product again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by genahy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Update Number 2: Upon further reflection, I think Jason gave me some blackheads. Still, it doesn't bother me that much. What bothers me more is that this only worked for me for about 5 months, luring me into false complacency.

Update: I think Jason has stopped working so well for me. I am breaking out again, though not severely, but it's annoying. It's a shame. I really loved this product, but after six months my skin must have gotten used to it. It's a very light concentration of AHAs (4%) and Paula Begoun says it's not at the best PH, so maybe that's why. I will still use it as a supplement to Aqua Glycolic which is stronger and I've heard good things about. Jason (along with C. Booth Glycolic Toner) did a very good job at evening up my skin tone, though it took half a year to see results. This is a good starter AHA, if you've never used it before or have sensitive skin. It made me pink/a little tingly in the beginning, but then my skin got used to it very quickly.

OLD REVIEW (11/09): I'm a little scared to write this review out of fear I'll jinx myself, but this is the best product for acne I've ever used in my life. Took two days to work, some minor purging, but it's been smooth sailing since then. It has basically given me my life back. I only fear it'll be discontinued.

Some drawbacks:

It does cause minor pinkness/tingling to my sensitive/rosacea skin, but it's not unlivable and the benefit outweighs that con.

It feels like Elmer's Glue going on, with a similar dispenser! I find if I talk excessively or eat with this stuff on, it peels off, and then I'm scared it won't work. Strictly a nighttime treat RIGHT before you go to bed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

OMG!! This is the best AHA product I have ever used! Possibly the BEST product I have ever used! Thanks to rave reviews, I purchased mine on Vitacost (it came in 2 days!) and I tried it on, just using a little since I wasn't sure how my kind of sensitive skin would react. ALmost immediately my skin was smooth, pores disappeared, fine lines on forehead smoothed away, and my dark spots lighter! It looked the same when I woke up the next morning too! I wear this under makeup and it actually works as kind of a primer, smoothing my skin before SPF and foundation. I love it - I want to order 10 more and I hope it never gets discontinued!! I love Jason products!!