October 1, 2014 | 1092 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Peach Nectar Body Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by cheriesiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like fruity smells. So at the semi-annual sale when I sniffed this, it smelled great. It's a different story once I put it on. Like how one previous poster stated, it's a mix between a plastic smell and a canned peach smell, not like a fuzzy fresh from the orchard peach smell. It just smells mechanized. It's also not very moisturizing, and I have other lotions that I like better for simple scents. I don't know how it became a "classic" scent as packaged on the bottle. The scent is great for summer, but can also be worn year round.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by kself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like peach scents and this lotion is one of the best I've tried. As far as the BBW lotions are for moisturizing, they are just ok/middle of the road. Some of their scents seem to be great while others are just okay also. This lotion smells wonderfully of peach, but if you're looking for something that smells like their new Sparkling Peach, this is not the scent for you for they are nothing alike.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2007 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Retrovertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never had such a terrible reaction to a lotion until I met Peach Nectar. When I first sniffed it at the semi-annual sale, I thought it was pretty good and with my sale goggles on, I plopped both the spray and lotion in my bag (along with many other items still yet to be opened.) But when I got home and slathered it all over my body, I started feeling so ill. I had to quickly wash it off. I've been trying to pawn this off on my friends but no takers. Luckily I've learned my lesson and have avoided this year's sale lest I make the same mistake with another discontinued B&BW scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2006 2:59:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this but don't love it. Good peach scents are hard to come by and BBW makes a passable effort with their Peach Nectar body lotion. Though it doesn't smell EXACTLY like peaches to me (it's more on the sugary-sweet and less on the faintly-tart side), it's still a great fruity summery scent. I don't find the scent to be overwhelming or too intense. It does linger on skin, but in a subtle way, never sickeningly strong. As a moisturizer, this performs beautifully. It conditions skin really well despite the very light and fluid texture. Great choice for summer as it absorbs instantly with no greasy residue and leaves skin subtly scented and soft. I really like BBW lotions but this one isn't outstanding. As far a scent goes, I don't think it properly emulates what peaches smell like. The Body Shop's Fuzzy Peach body lotion is far more accurate in that regard. I'm not entirely sure that I'd repurchase but for now, I'll tentatively say 'yes'.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 11:15:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Maybe it was just that I got a bad bottle but this was nauseating. It smelled like plastic and old nasty peaches...not a good one for me. Still it sits in the back room of my old job and there it will sit for many moons, because I couldn't GIVE it away. Too bad this did not pan out because I love peach normally.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2004 12:43:00 AM More reviews by thickythickred

I love this scent. It smells sweet, just like real peaches. I had this at work and everyone tried to steal it. You know its a good scent. Will buy this over and over.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by hiimnan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As I said before about this scent, it's good, but not excellent. It can be very overpowering...VERY fruity. I do not understand how a previous reviewer said this was so expensive, because bath and body works lotion is pretty cheap to begin with ($11.50 for a large 12 oz bottle) but also, I have only been able to find this scent at the semi-annual sales lately, which only costs $6 this year for a 12 oz bottle (and last year it was only $5.) So, to me, it's a great steal, and that enough is a reason for a 4 from me. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2004 7:20:00 AM More reviews by santokie77

I absolutely love this product. I think this scent is only available certain times of the year, so I stocked up on the 12 oz bottles so I don't ever run out!

I prefer this over to any other Peach scents out there, and if it wasn't so expensive I would slather my entire body with this instead of just my hands and arms.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2003 8:58:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was expecting to hate this but it's actually a nice not-too-heavy scent that I think can be worn year round. It can be made a bit stronger and possibly last longer if you wash first with the shower gel, apply the lotion, and then follow with the body splash. I think that this scent would be nice for both the fall and the summer. I like how the BBW lotions are nice and moisturizing without leaving my skin dry or oily. Rave from me!!