November 28, 2014 | 1455 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Ultra Sunblock SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by susu42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

didnt like broke out my skin didnt like the smell either

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 10:27:00 PM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

just your basic sunlotion. not too oily, doesn't have too much of a strong smell that stays with you the entire day. Kinda pricey at a higher SPF but I guess there's no price to stop skin cancer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by NoelleBat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree, this sunblock doesn't rub in very easily but besides that, it works really well and it does last a very long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by cocoacutie

Meh. Nothing to get excited about. It's your standard sunscreen. It smells very sunscreen-y, you can definitely tell you are wearing it. And it doesn't rub in that smoothly, you have to really work it. WHich I would accept if it were a better product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2006 11:13:00 PM More reviews by missionarymaggie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have worn sunscreen on my face for over 30 years and it must work because last year people told me I looked 30 and I'm 56. By the way, I don't look 30 but still the sunscreen helps. I was nervous about trying a new brand at first because other sunscreens made me break out but this has been great. I've been using Banana Boat Ultra 30 on my face for about 8 years now and am very happy with it. It's light, absorbs quickly and does a great job of preventing sun damage. And I think the price is great.

I tried the SPF 50 once but had an allergic reaction to it so I stick with the 30.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2006 1:50:00 AM More reviews by ozebaia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Coming from the great land of Oz (Australia) where we have almost 12 months of some sort of sunshine and high UV readings, this product is: «::B::»«::R::»«::I::»«::L::»«::L::»«::I::»«::A::»::N»«::T::».
It is not sticky, non-perfumed, and lasts for ages even when swimming (which I do a lot of). Highly recommended for ALL types of skin.A++++

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Wonder78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

It is said to be used for body and face. I feel insecure to put on face due to my acne problem and it just seems like it is designed more for body. It¡¦s said it¡¦s fragrance-free, but it still have a strong ¡§Banana Boat¡¨ smell. It formula with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E helps to nourish skin, which it does and make my skin smoother. Anyway, it¡¦s a good body sunblock. It absorbed into skin quickly and non oily or shinny. It is waterproof which is good for beach and water activities. I will buy it again. But for daily use, I whould like to try Banaa Boat Suntanical SPF 30 which is for sensitive skin and don¡¦t clog pore.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2004 7:11:00 PM More reviews by colourmegrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my HG of sunblock!! since i go to the pool almost every day, i know a lot about different sunscreens! ive gone through about 5 different ones, and this is the best for the price (i buy it when it goes on sale at Longs) not gooey like Ocean Potion and it absorbs quickly
update: i forgot to mention this before, but this works well for tanned people like me not wanting to get burned anymore! but if u have fairer skin, try the spf 45 (spf 45 means 45x the protection of your skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2003 1:00:00 AM More reviews by drmgirl2000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this sunblock in my slow but steady attempt to achieve a nice tan. I have burned many times from the sun in the past by using SPF 2 sunscreens and oils. I also don't like the peanut butter color self tanners have turned my skin from previous experience. And I'm not fair skinned! I'm hispanic with an olive complexion! I figured that if I went about my tanning a little at a time, and instead of aiming for a dark tan overnight, I might be able to achieve my goal without suffering with a sunburn. Strangely enough, my skin seemed to tan faster with this SPF 30 than with the SPF 2 I had been using before. With the SPF 2,(not Banana Boat,) I did tan, but I burned, too. With this, I tanned beautifully. But I had to go back to the beach and tan again on consequent days in order get a deeper tan. I never did burn but I kept changing my laying positions frequently and never stayed in direct sunlight for more than 2-3 hours. But the downside to this product is that I also used it on my boyfriend who was swimming, and he did burn a little bit. It says it's waterproof and we would reapply it to his skin when he would get out of the water like it says to, but he seemed to burn where he was most exposed to the sun, being his shoulders and face. So it's not as waterproof as I had expected but it seems to work well enough out of the water. Overall, I liked it for myself since I'm not much of a water baby and it's in a very convenient squeeze bottle in an upside down position for easy dispensing. I think I could appreciate it more if it had strong waterproof capability but it's decent for gradual tanning and I love the natural looking bronze color my skin has tanned.