September 30, 2014 | 1306 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad in Wild Orchids

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ebbykins

I use this as a base for my other palates, it works wonderfully for this purpose, but as a stand alone product not so much. I love the colours a lot though and can't find other palates like it around, so for that reason, I continue to repurchase. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Loxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this while it was half off. I didn't know this was a creme eyeshadow until I tried it on. The colors are pretty, and its texture just feels great, being a creme shadow. However, if you have oily lids, you would need to remove the oil and prime your lids well. With the oil, it fades quickly and can stick in the crease. I love that it comes with a mirror in the packaging, and how the shadows look like they're stored in little capsules. It's simple to put on, and they're great with my brown eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the shades in this eyeliner quad, they go on smoothly and look good with my brown eyes. The Revlon illuminance creme shadows are great, a bit pricey but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by realmakeovers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad in Wild Orchids!! I use most of the colors as a highlighter. It looks great right under my brow bone. I found a large pallette of about 20 colors at a discount store. I've had it for several years and it has not gone bad yet. As far as the Wild Orchids, I am on my second one. I never buy anything twice unless I really like it. It's also unbelieveably inexpensive!! Revlon, please do not discontinue this wonderful product...................

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by C1eang1rl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this sad excuse for eyeshadow in the wild orchid palette first and then later in black magic (black white pink and silver). I really tried to like it because it looks SO pretty in the case but it just doesn't perform. The colors are greasy (with one exception, ill get to that) and crease horribly even with primer and powder. Though they look pigmented in the packaging the actual color pay off is extremely weak. The only color I used more than twice out of both palettes I bought was the white in black magic. It's not too opaque but it dries well and isn't greasy so I have used it as a base for other colors but overall don't waste your money!! These took up space in my makeup case till I gave them to my 5 year old niece to play with.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Flybane

I really wanted to like these since they come in some nice color combinations. I was hoping that the creme formula would keep them out of my contacts. Instead, they crease like crazy, and don't stay on very well. It's too bad, because the updated compact is quite nice and has a built-in mirror, and the fingertip application is convenient. Sadly, the creasing is a dealbreaker.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by daisyeyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh! Sheer, greasy coverage. I have dryish skin. What does that tell you? Very poorly pigmented. Creased almost immediately. I would swap this except that it is such a lousy product, someone would ding me for swapping it. Into the trash it goes! The only highlight is the cool compact it comes in. But what does that matter really? You can't see it on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love these shadows for their ability to customize color depth due to its build-ability. 0.12 oz or 3.4g of product, got it on sale for $8.99 CDN b4 taxes. Consistency is creamy, not waxy, stays on all day for me without any eye primer (I never use one) though I know it has creased for some. Has no added scent, just a hint of scent that is present in a lot of Colorstay range of makeup (but not as offensive as the scent in Colorstay Foundation that I know a lot of people are put off by. The scent in this shadow is very minimal and will unlikely disturb anyone unless they're very sensitive to even the slightest scent in a product). All colors have some sheen/glitter but depending on how much you apply/build the color you can control the degree of luminosity. I find that it is well pigmented and a little goes a long way.

Only drawback would be is the packaging. You can't depot the product because of the way the product is "positioned" inside package. The color that you see on the front of the package is the actual color of the product. It's very difficult to open so you end up accidentally putting your finger into the actual product when it opens. Has a mirror opposite from the product.

Would definitely repurchase again but since I like to be subtle with colors on my eyes I know that the one that I have right now will last me for years. Creme Illuminance is the first and only kind of cream shadows that I have tried so I don't know how it compares with other cream shadows such as ones from Make Up Forever or Mac. So that is why I gave it 4 lippies instead of a full 5, though I'm very satisfied with Creme Illuminance for its quality and price. This is definitely a great investment for those that want cream shadows but are on a budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by silverd12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Being new to cream eyeshadows, I did not know that you were to set these with powder. However, I do love the colors, and they look really nice on the eye. I will be setting them with powder in the future, and I am sure I will be purchasing the Not Just Nudes pallet. I highly recommend these if you just want to try cream shadows. I would go to Wal-Mart or Target as they are $5 each there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by wonderdreamz

I have a thing for creme eyeshadows because i am young and i don't like wearing highly pigmented eyeshadows. Also, creme eyeshadows attract light to your eyes, especially if your eyes are light colored. Therefore, i love this pallete because it offers a variety of colors. My favorites are the lavender and the redish-brown/maroon color. Moreover they are shimmery so watch out for that.