November 27, 2014 | 1251 users online

Lipstick - Milani - Chocolate Raspberry

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by HisFirst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great fall color for a DDD like me! It feels soft and has decent lasting power, plus a great price so I don't have to wait for a sale. I'm trying to find additional colors in this line, but Chocolate Raspberry is definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A beautiful, muted purple-brown that really compliments dark skin. Goes on smoothly without a harsh scent. I bought mine recently and I think Milani toned down the scent factor and made their lipsticks less drying. If so, the result is wonderful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

This was a clearance item, which isn't the problem. I'm guessing that the Milani lipsticks all have this extremely strong, heavy perfume fragrance that made me gag. The color was okay on me, though Revlon and L'Oreal make better quality lipsticks in general. I just ended up tossing this because I could not stand the strong fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by TahneeT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

agree with all the previous reviewers, would just like to add that after blotting this color, it reminds me of a browned version of L'Oreal's Mica. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2005 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great color for me - I am fair-medium skinned with light brown eyes and reddish brown hair. I hate lipsticks with even a hint of pink in them, and love the Nars brown-reds like Congo Red, Spanish Red, and Mongolian Red so this is perfect for me. Actually reminds me of Nars Congo Red except the Milani texture is not as drying as Mars and has a bit of shimmer which I also like. It can be applied lightly over lipbalm for a sheer dark brown look, or darkly for a very dramatic brown-red mouth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 11:26:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

This is a deep, browned-down berry color with definite plummy undertones. Matte-satin finish (more matte than not) and a silvery shimmer. It's rather too cool for my complexion so I would't repurchase this color, though I'm pleased enough about my other Milani lipsticks. There's a fairly strong chemical rose/grape scent that takes a while to dissipitate; it doesn't bother me too much but might annoy other people. No taste. Comes in a simple, brushed gold case and costs around 4 USD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2005 1:03:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This one my favorite Milani shades. I don't wear bright-pinks/berry/fushia. So this brown-raspberry is perfect for my DDD skin(dark brown with yellow & red undertones) for the daytime. I will add a fushia or iridescent plum gloss over it for the evening (dinner, dancing, parties). I also bought one for my sister. Her complexion is medium-brown with yellow undertone. Cooltoned shades(Lavender, Plum, Eggplant) don't usually work for her. But she wears Chocolate Raspberry with plum/fushia/eggplant/silver gloss. And they look beautiful. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

As previously mentioned, this is a deep brown toned berry shimmer. I tend to play up the berry tone in the lipstick by pairing it w/ Currant lipliner, since I'm a DDD. I love this color. Would definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2004 7:48:00 PM More reviews by blkwdow666

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yummy. Chocolate Raspberry ($3) is a deep brown-toned berry with silver shimmer. It's the "cool" sister of Double Espresso (reviewed elsewhere), and, in fact, is next to it in the Milani display. Like the other Milani lipsticks I've tried (and most of the line in general), it's richly pigmented, which works for this GGG. Even so, Chocolate Raspberry can be worn over a balm and blotted (sheer), or straight from the tube for full-on colour day or night.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2004 4:54:00 PM More reviews by gualdoni1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

More brown that berry. Nice color, but the fragrance is so strong that I can't use it very often.