September 23, 2014 | 1819 users online

Moisturizers - Weleda - Iris Moisture Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been using Weleda's Almond lotion with great results, so I switched to this as winter came along with the hope that it would be even better for my dry and sensitive skin. I started breaking out a lot the past few months, which I blamed on an unavoidable mixture of hormones and flakiness, but I'm pretty sure it was due mostly to this moisturizer (as well as the night cream)! This has several VERY irritating ingredients in it, unlike the Almond lotion. Now that I've stopped using it, my skin is clearer -- fewer blemishes and a much more even tone. I'd started thinking I had rosacea! Be very careful with this line. I'll be buying pure almond oil from now on and giving Weleda a pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by darksunnygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this as a sample and used it while traveling. It made my skin moisturized in a very dry climate. I used it in the morning after washing, exfoliating, and toning my face. Love the scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by stinal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I overall like this product, but it makes my skin look really shiny and oily.
My skin feels moisturized, not oily, but it just looks really shiny.

I like the scent, but this products is very heavily perfumed. Be careful you don't get it in your eyes, even a little will hurt a lot and make you cry.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Astrid01

I liked Weleda Iris Moisture Day cream a lot, it moistures well and the smell is okay. Though for me it's a bit to rich so I won't buy again, and it's not like a little goes a little way. And it's only avaiable in 30 ml tubes, which obviously doesn't last a long time.
I would recommend this for those with very dry skin, but not for oily/comb skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by ctrautmann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE HYDRATING FACIAL LOTION, NOT THE CREAM.
FINALLY, a moisturizer truly suitable for normal to oily skin. It is very very light, and does not make me feel like a slime-ball like every other moisturizer I have ever tried. I am 49 years old and live in SW Colordado -- one would think I need a lot of moisture-- not so: my skin pumps it out, and I am still acne-prone. I think I have finally found my HG moisturizer. This, along with Burts Bees natural acne solutions cleanser seems to be working very nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Anners26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure which Iris moisture cream MUA is listing here so this review is for Iris Hydrating Day Cream. Love, love, love this cream! I have only been using it for three nights and already my skin is looking amazing.

My skin has been the bane of my existence for months. Hormones have been causing my skin terrible dryness and acne and nothing worked, seriously. I tried annihilating my skin with harsh salicylic acid which gave me terrible eczema (I got this after using the GoClear system from Sephora); at one point I even had these tiny bumps all over my chin that would ooze clear fluid if I poked them. Not sexy. I threw out all my products and bought new ones at Origins, but found their skincare so underwhelming and not at all healing.

Enter Weleda! I used this at night and in the morning for a couple days and then just in the morning, and my skin instantly felt soothed, soft, much less red, and my small bumps and whiteheads literally disappeared overnight. I am stunned. This stuff is truly miraculous for someone like me who was completely defeated and ready to give up on her skin. I love you Weleda.

(PS only gave it four lippies because it's only been three days so I am still unsure of lasting results but so far so good!)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this moisturizer because I had heard so much good stuff about the 'Weleda' brand, and this is one of their moisturizers designed specifically for normal to combination skin. The consistency of this moisturizer is far too watery for my liking and takes along time to absorb into the skin. It is moisturizing and made my hand feel very soft, when I tested it, but didn't seem to work quite so well on my face. I have since tried other Weleda products that I like much better. This is not one of their best products, in my opinion, and i still prefer Origins Balance Diet over this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by lilywolf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not bad, not great. I bought this since I needed a simple, general moisturizer, as I don't really believe in using face creams, I prefer to use serums instead and just lightly moisturize. This did the job, nothing fancy. Not overly thick. Packaging fell apart after a few months.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by redredredlips

Iris moisture cream and iris night cream are part of my daily skin care routine. The moisturizer is light but just enough hydration for my combination skin. The night cream is a bit thicker, smells of lavendel and feels very nourishing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by naicha

This is a fantastic moisturizer. I have sensitive combination skin that is prone to breakouts but also gets dry patches if I don't moisturize enough. This does a great job balancing my skin, especially in winter or dry climates. I love the consistency of this Weleda moisturizer, it's a light gel-cream that feels really refreshing upon application while jojoba oil provides nourishment. I have been using this for two years and it has never caused me any breakouts or irritation. I also really like the smell which which is very natural and reminds me of fresh herbs and flowers, and you only need a pea-sized amount for your whole face. Keeper!