MAC Matte Blush - Desert Rose

4.5

on 6/9/2015 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this blush a while ago now and has lasted me ages!! I love it for nights out as I prefer matte blushes for on a night out for some reason! It lasts okay on the skin, not amazingly but I don't have many powder blushes that stay on all day without a retouch. Beautiful colour which looks great on my fair skin! A good blush, could probably get a cheap one for the same quality but still good, nothing to rave about.

on 3/3/2015 12:25:00 AM

Great low-key, natural matte color. Good for any occasion. I'm not great at applying blush and I feel like I can't really mess this color up.

on 2/10/2015 8:46:00 PM

I love this blush. It's a matte soft pink blush that is lovely to wear as an everyday blush. It is really natural and super pigmented. It has a beautiful matte finish and doesn't leave your skin looking too pink. Definitely try this one out as an everyday versatile blush.

on 11/26/2014 8:13:00 PM

This blush has lots of pigment! A rosy pink color that pulls alot of red which I hate! For sure more red than pink on me. Not a fan of this color so I returned it and got mocha which is far prettier IMO and softer. Much happier with mocha cause it does not make me look like a clown and has a pinker more natural hue to it!

on 10/30/2014 10:57:00 PM

I recently bought this MAC blush && I must say I am in love!!! I'm a huge fan of MAC in general and this blush is just another reason why. The color is highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. The color looks gorgeous against my fair-medium skin tone & also looks very natural with it being a matte blush. I've had the blush for almost three months now (using it just about every day) & it looks like it's barely been used. I think the price of the blush is a great deal (anticipating that it will last me for longer than a while) This product will definitely be a repurchase!!!

This is a nice colour. The colour pay-off is definitely there, so don't be too heavy-handed with your brush. It is not as dangerously-pigmented as Frankly Scarlet or Fever, thus there is a bit of room for error. Like all of the matte blushes from MAC, there is nothing sparkly in the product, so looks like true skin colour instead of product on your face.

on 5/4/2014 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG blush.
I love because it is matte, doesn't have any sparkles so i get a natural look with it.
I'm brunette, my skin is a C4 or NC35 tone so if i wear some blush that has brown tones i end up getting too brown and monotoned. So i like blushes with pink undertones or peach, something that gives me a healthy color.
This one is my HG. It's pigmented enough so i get a color without looking like a clown (it's about the tool, if you use a hard bristle i'm sure you're going to get a lot of product and so a lot of color, too much for sure) , and i must say doesn't fade and the product LASTS FOREVER!
I got one about 3 years ago, using almost everyday, and i can't see the bottom of it yet.
Again i say:
It's all about the tool that you use, i use a very soft one, so i get the color i need, i can get darker if i wanna, but can get natural look too.

on 12/14/2013 8:57:00 PM

Doesn't really look natural at all. I'm anywhere between nw20-nw30 (depending on the sun, cause I tan..). I'm not the best at applying blush.. it makes mistakes really obvious like if you place it lower on one side than the other. I don't know. I like how it's matte cause I usually have oily skin but I would say it's pretty obvious I'm wearing blush. I do love the quality being mac and mall, but I wish I didn't go for such a dark plum color. Thumbs up for no sparkles tough.

on 2/25/2013 3:01:00 PM

This is a midtone matte pink with red undertones.
You have to use it lightly or else it will end up looking red. Overall it gives a nice flush. I prob won't repurchace because I want to try others.

on 11/29/2012 8:00:00 AM

first Mac blush iv bought, and i love it!! i wanted a pink that was a bit subtle and not dolly pink, but not too dark either, and this was the perfect combination. aided with the right brush (and technique), this falls on the skin nicely, and lasts most the day too. it doesnt have any glitter or sparkle as I hate glitter in day wear, so this is my ultimate everyday blusher

Popular Blush Products