December 18, 2014 | 1008 users online

Concealers - Revlon - ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a fan of Revlon's Colorstay line because it's one of the few lines that doesn't break me out (I have really acne prone skin). But in terms of the quality of makeup, I would not say it's the best there is. It's just ok, lol.

This undereye concealer was about $8 at Target. As far as color goes, it matches my skin tone perfectly, so no issues there. It also works geat as a primer for my eyeshadow, by adding a little bit to the eyelid and blending it in. However, I would not say it has full coverage of my undereye circles- maybe medium coverage (it does make a little bit of a difference, but does not mask them entirely). It also has a tendency to settle into fine lines around the outer corners of my eyes a little bit. But it does blend pretty well into the skin otherwise. (I used the Fair color)

My biggest gripe with this product is the container. You have to be careful with how much you twist up, because it's really easy to get too much squirting out of the top. I've had several tubes that would get sort of stuck, and then a bunch of concealer would pop out and waste product (though this did not happen with every tube I bought). You also have to twist a lot when you first open the product just to get the concealer to come out. I feel like for the money, there should be more product in the tube (I feel like $8 is a little pricey for such a small amount).

I used this stuff for about 3 years, but recently found something I like better. :) So for now, I won't be purchasing any more of this product, but will keep what I have left over in case I run out of concealer and need something I know will work alright.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by atrimmer91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Don't love this product..

Stays all day. No waste packaging. Nice and yellow to cover moderate circles.

I guess my problem is that when I'm not wearing makeup I literally look like I've been punched in the face and I'm yet to find a concealer that fully covers my dark circles.

I will use this product until it runs our but probably won't re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Stishy

Purchased this recently alongside the standard Colorstay concealer. Coverage is even and smooth, but what is really off-putting is the packaging- sometimes the liquid becomes gloopy and you will need to twist it several times to get anything to come out. It is also very hard to be gentle with the applicator when applying directly to the eyes; I think I will stick to concealers that I can first apply to the back of my hand in order to instead use my ring finger to gently apply it to my under-eye area. Won't be purchasing this again, although I do like the idea: guess the follow-through was lacking!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Ls252

Not the worst under eye concealer, but pretty bad. I like Revlon products and wanted to try this. It looked awful under my eyes and creased like there was no tomorrow. Awful. awful. Did I mention AWFUL???

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sashnk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So, I have this concealer, but the package is different. Anyway, my review about this would be negative. After putting this under my eyes, my skin is left dry and flakey. I don't like it :/

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by EllieDavionte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: kind of covers up pimples, etc.

Cons: Have to do a lot of winding up to push the product up - this often ends up with too much! It dries on my skins and actually ends up accentuating my pimples over the course of a day. That being said, it is well past it's use by date (about 5 years old now!) so that might be the cause, although it has always done this on my skin to some extent or another.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by melimae

Love the packaging, consistency, and coverage. Hate that it settles into fine lines within 5 minutes... The tube also comes with barely any product in it..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Asmodai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer. I am half Indian, and cursed with under-eye hollows that make me look dreadful. Mine are very deep, very long, and a dark, almost-black colour. My skin is olive toned but fairly pale, and so they stand out starkly.
I've used many concealers in the bid to conceal my dark circles and this is, so far, the best I've used. I use the Light Medium shade and it's an excellent match for me.
The consistency is great, creamy and just the right thickness, it doesn't dry cakey, doesn't flake or crease, and lasts for hours without the need to top it up again.
It's 6.99 in boots, which is very reasonable for such a great product.
Does it completely get rid of my circles? No, but nothing will, mine are very severe and due to bone structure that cannot be altered. Does it give me confidence to not constantly worry that people think I look like an insomniac corpse? Yes.
This stuff is awesome, totally recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

As a college student, I know sleepless nights can take a toll on my eyes, and I must say I have my fair share of dark circles and some occasions of puffiness especially after a night of cramming. Hence, I am very discerning when it comes to undereye makeup and skin care. So far, I have been using this product and have finished two pens so far. The shade is absolutely perfect for my skin tone (I'm fair to ivory) and it only takes a few dabs per undereye and you can easily spread the product using your ring finger. Coverage is very good and a little goes a long way, so for a product of its price, I say it's a worthy steal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently purchased this again after many years of using EL Double Wear Concealer in the hope of saving some money in this waning economy. Stupidly I didn't compare them properly before purchasing.
The CS started running out after about a month and a half which finally prompted me to look at the amount of product which is .04 oz/1.18 ml for about $11.00!! That and a lot of product seemed to get absorbed by the applicator tip. The clicking mechanism also either didn't dispense enough or too much which was very annoying. Compared to EL DW this is no bargain at all. EL is .24 oz/7ml and lasts me for more than a year and costs $26.00.
As for the product, the Revlon does not wear as well or cover quite as well although it's not a bad dupe. The only advantage to the Revlon is the spf 15 but I use a sunscreen in my eye area so this is irrelevant to me.
I have used many of these in the past but I will NOT repurchase again. You live and learn little things everyday.