April 23, 2014 | 1501 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner- Smoke

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, it's expensive, but I buy it again & again because it's better than *any* type of liner I've ever used - and I've used them all.
"Smoke" is a gorgeous, cool-toned, steel grey that is very deep - basically one-off from black - but doesn't look harsh against the skin. It's not matte or shiny, but rather a satin finish that wears like iron. I found the learning curve to be pretty short, and now I can do perfect cat eyes almost every time. It lasts all day long, but washes off with ease. The brush is such that you can create a very thin or thick line.

Net-net, you're paying for: a beautiful shade that is super-defining; all-day wear; ease of application. So you're getting a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by tyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. This is my HG. The application is smooth, easy, and quick. Pigmentation is excellent so I don't need to go over and over the line. It really saves me a lot of time in the morning. Smoke is a dark grey with blue undertone. It's soft on my completion but still makes my eyes pop. I prefer this over the black, which is tool harsh on me. Consistency is perfect, not too runny but not too thick. It never gives me raccoon eyes but does fade a bit in my inner corner after a longer day. Very easy to remove as it is not waterproof, but I definitely don't like waterproof eye make up because they are too harsh on my skin/lashes. Waterproof shadows or liners would also emphasize the fine lines around my eyes.
This is expensive but one tube usually lasts me six months with at least 5-day uses a week. I will be more than happy to replace it even it just lasts me a couple months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful and unique blue-grey liner. It looks absolutely gorgeous on every eyecolor, but looks especially ethereal on blue eyes. I love this liner and haven't found anything else like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

I wish these rediculously expensive liners weren't so excellent! Nothing compares to the wear, simple application, shades, and ease of removal. It is totally reliable for an active person- never smears, smudges or runs, even after naps, rubbing eyes, sports or cool water. It rolls off easily with warm water, no remover needed. This shade is grey with a hint of bluey-purple that really brings out hazel eyes. Its easy to draw a thin line or thick. I probably would not have bought one for the price, but received one as a stocking gift and now can't go back! For Canadian members, this is found at many Shoppers- I usually stock up on basics during 20x the points days, then use the points for this and my Dior powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by fashionmaven93

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First high-end eyeliner and I am really pleased with it.

Packaging: the liner is in an "inkwell" and the felt-tip applicator dips into the product.

Formula: Wet, but not watery, so it glides on effortlessly. The "Smoke" is rich and highly pigmented.

Longevity of wear: Stays on all day without budging but removes easily with warm water and a gently cleanser.

Longevity of the product: Lasts a long time without drying out or losing quality of product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpJunkiee

I love these liquid liners. I have this in smoke for days that i dont want to use Noir. A nice medium gray, great liquidy consistency with lots of color, doesnt smudge, budge or crack. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by engelneen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS!!! I am liquid liner challenged and cannot use any other liquid liner without it looking a mess. But this artliner is so easy to use! The smoke is a really pretty, soft color, grayish blue. I can't wait to get another color!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by aebricker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've not been able to find this exact color anywhere else. that's why I'm willing to shell out $28 for it. This smokey color with a touch of grayish blue contrasts with my green-blue eyes, making them pop. Easy to apply and control the line width. Love the flexible marker tip. Softer than my black-brown (which looks like black on my fair skin).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the second time I've purchased this product. I prefer liquid liners since pencils just disappear from my lids so quickly. This is a nice liquid liner because it allows you to apply a very precise line and the staying power is very good. This lasts all day on my lids. The color is a deep blue-grey and looks very flattering with my fair skin and blue eyes. One complaint is that the tip of the applicator sometimes bends during the application process if you apply too much pressure. Also, (and this is my biggest complaint), the price is just insane at $28US.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by jillmoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is so natural on me. I love the color. The only thing that throws me out is it doesn't last the whole day. That's why I'm give only 4 stars.