Bobbi Brown Blush Brush

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love it so, I love the paddle shape because it's so conducive to the way I typically apply blush, but alas, the one I got is very very scratchy and sheds. The application is so good that I find myself still attempting to use it every once in a while and then I always regret it.

on 3/19/2015 8:07:00 PM

This is the best blush brush I've tried,ever! It has brown,soft hair so I think it's not the same as for example the latest reviewer.Cause this isn't harsh at all,and it does not shed a bit. It's perfect. And I love the long handle,it gives me more control applying blush. I got this with a better price,so I didn't had to pay the full 55$ for it. That's a lot of monni,I would not pay that much of any brush. But I'm in love with this.It's hair is warm brown,I'm not sure if it's the same that in the picture.But it says blush,and authentic.Very soft hair,domed.

on 8/7/2014 9:37:00 PM

I had high hopes for this brush, given the $60 price tag, but it simply didn't live up to them. AT ALL. The hairs weren't soft, so I had to be extremely careful in using it. Otherwise I just feel like I am hurting myself! If I hadn't bought it from sephora I would have thought I got a fake one (I am so thankful for their return policy). I ended up exchanging it for hourglass brush #2 (which is synthetic hair) and that was a great decision.

I do want to add that my skin is fairly sensitive, but the roughness I felt was just completely reasonable for the price. There are lots of cheaper options or similarly priced options that are significantly better and easier to use. Real techniques multitasker or Hakuhodo J110 are both great options, I highly recommend those. But definitely not this one. If you are willing to spend this much on a brush, go for something else.

on 1/3/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used to have the MAC 129 which was a similar size but had less density than this. I ended up replacing the MAC 129 with this because I loved the shape but it shed so much and was scratchy as hell.

Both brushes were made with goat hair, but Bobbi Brown's hairs were considerably softer. This brush is a paddle shaped standard blush brush which I liked, and had a very slight taper to it so it concentrates a bit more colour. It's not as tapered as the EcoTools one which I hated, so that was good.

However, this brush can not stop shedding on me. Yes, I have the newer version that's supposed to be the better version of the original scratchy one. At first this was very soft, but it started getting a little scratchy after a few months. I take care of my brushes very well and I wash them weekly with Tsubaki shampoo, and dry them at a slight angle. I make sure that the wet brush always faces down and ensure that water doesn't get into the ferrule at the top.

I'm disappointed by this brush although it functions very well as a blush brush. It diffuses colour perfectly and picks up the right amount of pigment. But for 50-something to 60-something CAD, I expected better quality. For that money, I shouldn't be constantly picking hair off my face. These days, I can go buy a Hakuhodo brush that's 1000x better in quality and made of squirrel hair for the same price that rarely sheds. Will not repurchase.

on 11/9/2013 8:18:00 PM

This is my favorite brush of all time. It's so soft and I've only had it for 3 years, but there's been no shedding at all from it. I wish that it had a shorter handle so that it would be easier to travel with, but it's still a great brush regardless.

It's meant to be a blush brush, but I've also used it to apply other powder products.

on 10/23/2013 9:37:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

This brush is very soft and good quality, however I think the price is too much for a blusher brush. Plus the handle cracked which I was disappointed since this is supposed to be a "high end" brush.

When I started out makeup, I was told if I were to invest heavily on ONE makeup brush, it would be the blusher brush that could be used for power and blush, or basically the entire face. So I first bought this one. I was debating between MAC or BB, but ended up buying BB because it just looks better and the quality seems to be the same. I had this brush forever now and it's end of the road, so I went to the shop and planning to buy a new one, and wow! I just can't believe the price! I forgot how much I paid before but must be because at the time I wasn't very experienced and thought that if the price is high, it must mean high quality.

Well, the older and more experienced me now knows that high price does not equate high quality. Yes, the BB brush is much better than drugstore brand, but it is also 4 times more expensive! But is it 4 times better? No. Maybe slightly better, but if it's so, then the price should also only be slightly more, like a huge ginormous gap.

So now, I decided to throw away my old BB brush and opt for the ELF blusher studio line brush which is only $3. I also like the real technique and ecotools face brushes, but I like the ELF way more. And at $3, I can replace it in few years or so which is way more sanitary. Even though I do wash my brushes often, you still need to replace the brushes once in awhile, kind of like a bra or T-shirt. Even though you clean them, they will deteriorate so you would need to replace them.

Bottom line: With all these great quality, cheaper price brushes on the market, I don't know why I still look into brand name brushes. In the past, you can't find good quality yet cheap brush, but time has changed and I'm so glad that we as consumers can make smarter choices.

on 9/17/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I will preface this review with the fact that I am using this blush brush with loose mineral powder blushes so I am swirling and really giving it a serious work out. That being said, and taken into serious consideration, it does place the blush perfectly-----and I mean perfectly; however, it does shed. Previously I used the Trish McElvoy bronzer brush #37. It did not shed, and I used it for many many years, but the #37 did not even come close to the precise, easy application of the Bobbie Brown blush brush. I did extensive research, both on Makeup Alley and the net before I purchased the Bobbie Brown brush, and the shedding is really no big deal, but I am still researching, trying to find even a better blush brush. So far, nothing else comes close.

on 6/17/2013 4:57:00 PM

I am really bad at putting on a simple thing like a blusher. Most of the blusher usually ends up everywhere and I have tried alot of blusher brushes to correct this problem but unfortunately none of them worked until I found this brush. It is definitely the blusher brush for everyone it picks up the right amount of blush and most importantly it puts the blusher on at the right places. Love it...

on 5/27/2013 7:49:00 AM

Great blush brush, feels soft, blends well, no shedding what's so ever! No complaints!

on 4/17/2013 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I bought this brush last year and I couldn't live without this brush ever since! It's so soft and pick up the product nicely. However, this blush brush is EXTREMELY expensive. Like ... the most expensive one in my kits so far. And it sheds a lil' bit. But overall, worth every penny.

Popular Makeup Brushes