April 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Blush Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I used to have the MAC 129 which was a similar size but had less density than this. I ended up replacing the MAC 129 with this because I loved the shape but it shed so much and was scratchy as hell.

Both brushes were made with goat hair, but Bobbi Brown's hairs were considerably softer. This brush is a paddle shaped standard blush brush which I liked, and had a very slight taper to it so it concentrates a bit more colour. It's not as tapered as the EcoTools one which I hated, so that was good.

However, this brush can not stop shedding on me. Yes, I have the newer version that's supposed to be the better version of the original scratchy one. At first this was very soft, but it started getting a little scratchy after a few months. I take care of my brushes very well and I wash them weekly with Tsubaki shampoo, and dry them at a slight angle. I make sure that the wet brush always faces down and ensure that water doesn't get into the ferrule at the top.

I'm disappointed by this brush although it functions very well as a blush brush. It diffuses colour perfectly and picks up the right amount of pigment. But for 50-something to 60-something CAD, I expected better quality. For that money, I shouldn't be constantly picking hair off my face. These days, I can go buy a Hakuhodo brush that's 1000x better in quality and made of squirrel hair for the same price that rarely sheds. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by citygirl91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite brush of all time. It's so soft and I've only had it for 3 years, but there's been no shedding at all from it. I wish that it had a shorter handle so that it would be easier to travel with, but it's still a great brush regardless.

It's meant to be a blush brush, but I've also used it to apply other powder products.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by poppylove93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This brush is very soft and good quality, however I think the price is too much for a blusher brush. Plus the handle cracked which I was disappointed since this is supposed to be a "high end" brush.

When I started out makeup, I was told if I were to invest heavily on ONE makeup brush, it would be the blusher brush that could be used for power and blush, or basically the entire face. So I first bought this one. I was debating between MAC or BB, but ended up buying BB because it just looks better and the quality seems to be the same. I had this brush forever now and it's end of the road, so I went to the shop and planning to buy a new one, and wow! I just can't believe the price! I forgot how much I paid before but must be because at the time I wasn't very experienced and thought that if the price is high, it must mean high quality.

Well, the older and more experienced me now knows that high price does not equate high quality. Yes, the BB brush is much better than drugstore brand, but it is also 4 times more expensive! But is it 4 times better? No. Maybe slightly better, but if it's so, then the price should also only be slightly more, like a huge ginormous gap.

So now, I decided to throw away my old BB brush and opt for the ELF blusher studio line brush which is only $3. I also like the real technique and ecotools face brushes, but I like the ELF way more. And at $3, I can replace it in few years or so which is way more sanitary. Even though I do wash my brushes often, you still need to replace the brushes once in awhile, kind of like a bra or T-shirt. Even though you clean them, they will deteriorate so you would need to replace them.

Bottom line: With all these great quality, cheaper price brushes on the market, I don't know why I still look into brand name brushes. In the past, you can't find good quality yet cheap brush, but time has changed and I'm so glad that we as consumers can make smarter choices.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Crab

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I will preface this review with the fact that I am using this blush brush with loose mineral powder blushes so I am swirling and really giving it a serious work out. That being said, and taken into serious consideration, it does place the blush perfectly-----and I mean perfectly; however, it does shed. Previously I used the Trish McElvoy bronzer brush #37. It did not shed, and I used it for many many years, but the #37 did not even come close to the precise, easy application of the Bobbie Brown blush brush. I did extensive research, both on Makeup Alley and the net before I purchased the Bobbie Brown brush, and the shedding is really no big deal, but I am still researching, trying to find even a better blush brush. So far, nothing else comes close.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by sharonsevea

I am really bad at putting on a simple thing like a blusher. Most of the blusher usually ends up everywhere and I have tried alot of blusher brushes to correct this problem but unfortunately none of them worked until I found this brush. It is definitely the blusher brush for everyone it picks up the right amount of blush and most importantly it puts the blusher on at the right places. Love it...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by sophie94

Great blush brush, feels soft, blends well, no shedding what's so ever! No complaints!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush last year and I couldn't live without this brush ever since! It's so soft and pick up the product nicely. However, this blush brush is EXTREMELY expensive. Like ... the most expensive one in my kits so far. And it sheds a lil' bit. But overall, worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This brush is the most expansive makeup brush I owned. It feels super soft and luxurious on the face, and apply blush beautifully. The quality of the brush is outstanding, but I only gives it 3 lipsticks out of 5 because I never liked the handle. Firstly I'm not a big fan of the super long brush handle, it's just not convenient for me. Secondly I had a major issue with the handles of all the BB brushes, the surface seems to crack after a short amount of time. After one or two years, you can clearly see the handle full of cracked strips. I paid the highest price for these brushes and expected to have a good use of them for many years ( I always took good care of them), but they turned to look old and damaged when more and more cracks appear over the time. I know it's not the case that I just got the bad one, because it happened to all my BB brushes (even the mini brushes from the travel kit). I'm so frustrated that I finally gave them up. BB really should work on this issue, because although they have some of the best makeup brushes in the market, no one wants the cracked looking handle end up on their beloved brushes which they paid so much for.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

This is the most expensive brush I own! I love how solid the brush feels in your hand. It is well crafted and the densely packed hairs are strong yet super soft, and just get softer after each washing. At $50.00, this feels like an investment that is going to hold up for years to come. This brush definitely applies blush evenly and is plenty large enough for getting even color on the apple of the cheek. My only complaint is that this brush makes it very easy to spread the color too widely. So I use a either a light hand (light pinks) or just the tip/side of the brush (deep pigments). If you're looking for a precision blush brush or something that works well for contouring, this definitely isn't it. But I love soft blush, I love Bobbi Brown, and I don't regret this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this brush, it works perfect!! very soft, blends the blush very easy, very easy to clean, it's the perfect size.