August 28, 2014 | 1305 users online

Lipstick - Jordana - Matte Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by RainaVixen

I love this lipstick, i got it at Kmart for like $2 it's the perfect red! You just can't beat the price and the quality of this lipstick, it's a very good lipstick, HIGHLY recommend this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyTt

These lipsticks inspired me to write my first ever makeup alley review! For some reason, lipsticks never last on me, like we're talking within half an hour it is gone, save a nasty line around the perimeter of my lips. BUT these jordana matte lipsticks LAST FOREVER on me. Even through my compulsive lip chewing and drinking etc, they stay on for hours. The colour range is pretty fab, the matte natural comes out a nice neutral pinky-peach colour on my pale skin, and the matte pink passion is a pretty girly pink with neutral tones. Only downside is the dryness, but that is to be expected with any matte lipstick. Bit of lip-balm and you're sussed. These are more expensive to purchase in NZ ($5NZ at your local coin save) but I found them for less than $1.79 on beauty joint. Would definitely re-purchase in more colours :).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by caitlynsalmonson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

have this in Eggplant. Colours are vibrant and blotting your lips leaves a lovely stain!! Moisturized lips are a must before you apply it but these are great!! (◠‿◠✿)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ladykay09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own 5 of these matte lipsticks and oh my they are great!!! I definitely would recommend them. They actually stay on for a long time and they don't bleed on to your teeth. Awesome lipsticks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

some great colors. This line had MAtte lippies about 10 years ago or more as I recall. I have repurchased 5th Avenue which is a great nude and have a few others.

the cost of these is laughable which is fantastic. I am hating like hell to pay 35$ for a lipstick. Seriously. this has gotten out of hand.

the packaging of these is simplistic. think Wet n Wild -- basic plastic which can fall apart easily or break. If the packaging is very important to you get a cute empty palette, a small blush compact or a vintage one and chop up the lipstick into that.. that's what I did with a red jordana lipstick which I use for heavy duty night shifts.. lol. You can mix the nude shades with any red and get a great pinky nude or orangey red.. My compact is an LE EL tiny black with small black stones stuck on it.. don't remember the name. but it looks way elegant and custom..

If anyone asks, I can always say I had the lipstick made for me.. lol.

enjoy and save.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Xochipilli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I currently have 2 of these and I'm definitely going to get more! Granted, the packaging sucks and looks very dated, but the actual lipsticks are beautiful. They are a nice and creamy matte, not too dry and nicely pigmented. I have Pink Passion a d Mystery. Pink Passion is a little light for my medium olive skin but it works beautifully when mixed with other colors. When I mix it with Mystery (a deep berry) it becomes a beautiful, deep rose. I love them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I bought the red shade (Hot Red, i think its called?) and I like it. Its a bright red that really makes my lips stand out. I am a matte red lip junkie and this is perfect for my collection. The packaging is horrible, they're like the NYC lipsticks, but its easy enough just to be careful when closing the tube. Also, I suggest wearing a lip liner with this product, just to make it pop even more and give the lips more definition.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing Jordana Matte Lipsticks for over 20 years! I discovered them when i was 21 and fell in love! I've tried many other lipsticks and always come back to Jordana. Dirt cheap price but high level quality! Shades are perfect, staying power perfect, creamy yet matte formula, just perfection in every respect. The best shades i'm currently in love with are Matte Honey and Matte Terra Cotta. And when you layer and combine the two it's even more perfect! I love their lip pencils too especially the Latte one! I just ordered their Flawless Powder foundation and am excited to try it. Will review that separately when i get it. I so wish there were more stores that sold the Jordana brand. I can only order it online since i'm in Orlando. But the delivery is fast, they package it well so even in the summer heat the lipsticks arrive fresh and cool. Just an amazing company that i hope never goes out of business! The big brand names that have the nerve to charge $20 for a lipstick that runs off your lips should take note! This is how you keep customers. Excellent product, excellent prices and customer service. I couldn't be happier! The shade Honey is beautiful!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by GeraldineCraig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I told my friend that I bought a lipstick at under $1.50 she instantly reacted rather snobbish. I flashed back to my high school dance team days when we all reached into a bucket of assorted low cost, high pigment red lipsticks in anticipation for the performance ahead. These were part of our costume. I work in the entertainment industry, so whilst I was raised by a stepmother who swore up and down by Estee and Sheseido, I can distinguish effectiveness aside from luxury. These matte lipsticks are great because they're pretty vibrant and offer an assortment of colors. I've bought a ton of them - why not! Its like having a box of crayons for your lips! My only caveat is to be sure and moisturize your lips well before applying these as the matte can look cakey and dry if you skip this step. And, bring it with you for touch ups as they're rather basic and don't advertise long wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by TishLiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have Terra cotta, and it is such a gorgeous brick colour on my medium-honey skintone. These lipsticks are a little dry and do emphasize the creases in my lips, but they stay on for quite a while and for the price I can't complain. I'll still keep looking for a better one though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No