Jordana Matte Lipstick

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol Myristyl Ether Acetate, Cetyl Acetate, Talc, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Synthetic Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum), Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Lanolin, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). +/-May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850),Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200),Red 36 (CI 12085), Orange 5 Lake (CI 45370).

on 6/21/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

You can't beat the price on this one. I really love them, and own about 6 colors now. They work better than my MAC lipsticks I own, in my opinion, for two reasons: one being they tend to leave a stain on the lips so you don't have to re-apply right away, and two being they dry out my lips less and clump less than other lipsticks I own. I'd argue I don't notice any drying effect at all, but I always prime with a thin layer of chapstick & some lip liner sparingly.

Personally, I've found the darker/brighter/more pigmented lipsticks to be better than the pale shades & nudes. They tend to last longer & need less re-apply. Overall, I'd recommend this product though!

on 5/28/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in (I think, but the name has rubbed off) "Bare"

A perfect MLBB everyday shade that even I can keep on for hours - also seems to stain the color on my lips as well, which is great.

Will re-purchase this as long as they make it! Can;'t beat the price -I'll gt one for home, purse & desk!

on 5/11/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

For years I, like a reviewer before me, never bought these because of the awful cheap packaging. Youtube reviews from 7rl beauty "gurus" I trust said these were great...They were correct! I bought "Lavender Lady" as I couldn't find that type of color anywhere. It turned out to be only $2.85 CAD at my local "Canadian Dollar Store". I cannot believe how smooth, pigmented and NON drying this lipstick is! Oh, and it lasts for hours on my lips. The color too is gorgeous. I'm light-med brown skinned, but I'd imagine that many can pull this off. At first I was a bit apprehensive about it looking crazy, but it actually looks nice. Will try many of their other ones too. Unfortunately, I have not seen any of their NEWer Matte collection out yet in Toronto anywhere, but hopefully we'll get it somewhere soon. For now I'll just experiment w/ these ones.
July-4-2015 -- Bought Pink Passion and Grape as well, love them both! Cannot wait to try out Taupe and Cafe next...

on 5/2/2015 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really will love this lipstick at all if they did not dry my lips so much but for the colors they are amazing and the price WOW I mean if all the lipsticks from any brands have prices like this it will be crazy but overall they are very aceptable lipstick just and advice try to use a chapstick before ;)

on 4/22/2015 6:55:00 AM

I love Jordana Matte Lipsticks! I used to honestly turn my nose up when I saw makeup in the dollar store.... but ever since I saw a few reviews on Youtube I rushed out to hunt down the Jordana brand and it is amazing.

I have only used the colours Lavendar Lady, Passion Pink and Eggplant. I love Lavender Lady and wear it nearly everyday, Passion Pink is a little too light for me so I have to mix it with something a bit darker but it is a really nice everyday pink and Eggplant is amazingly beautiful - I love it for a night out it reminds me of the colour Lorde wore a lot the dark burgundy, just looks stunning on most people too.

I will try the other colours and try and get out of my comfort zone of pinks and neutrals.. for $2-$3 in New Zealand why not!

The packaging is of course not exactly YSL lol... but it doesn't come apart in my handbag and really I don't care otherwise the end product competes if not beats some high end expensive lippies and I love it :)

on 3/5/2015 10:39:00 AM

Honestly, I didn't like how it stained my lips. My lips were bright pink after taking it off, and showering! Not good on my part.
I use Matte Dare - 09. I love dark lipsticks, but wish i could pull off bright, pink ones. This color is a mixture of the two. That is one of the things i absolutely love about it.
I wouldn't recommend using this color if your lips aren't healthy, or smooth because it tends to clump in the dry little creases in my lips. My lips are constantly dry so keep them moisturized before using the product.
Over all, for my first matte, dark lipstick, I give it a 10/10. <3

I have this in matte red. Perfect red colour for my skin tone, it instantly makes me look fresh. Love the formula, not drying at all, stays on a pretty good time.

on 9/24/2014 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have two of these, 052 Sea pearl and 51 Tangerine Tango! Those were the only two left on the shelf at a dollar store! I thought, what the heck, its just a buck, get them. Later on when i tried them, instantly fell in love. It is everything that a high end lipstick would have except for packaging. I have not been able to find it at any stores, so now I am going to order and try a whole bunch of colors.

on 9/6/2014 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Jordana Matte lipsticks are great value-cheap and nicely pigmented with great staying power.I own almost all of these and would highly recommend the ones below:

Terracotta-An unusual mlbb color that's a perfect mixture of orange,peach and brown. Reminds me a little of MAC Mocha. If you have warm or 'Autumn' coloring you need this.

Natural-An everyday peachy-pink nude. Another great one for warm skin tones.

Blazing Mango-Hot orange/coral, dupe for MAC Vegas Volt

Plum Obsession-Gorgeous deep Fuchsia-purple

Fiery Coral-Hot coral-raspberry, dupe for MAC Impassioned and All Fired Up

Tangerine Tango-A pretty orangey red

Mystery-Mauve berry color that will suit most skin tones.

Berry-Dark vampy berry, dupe for MAC Viva Glam III

Brazil-Medium rusty orange-brown, this one really complements warm skin.

Brown-Deep vampy reddish brown

Eggplant-Deep burgundy plum, another good fall shade

Rouge -This a very beautiful and pigmented true red,similar to MAC Ruby Woo

Poppy Pink- A beautiful bright medium to dark pink

Taupe-Mauve,greyish nude. Similar to MAC Velvet Teddy

5th Ave-A gorgeous nude brown on medium to dark skin. Could look muddy on fair skin.

Cafe-A darker version of 5th Ave

Roma- A gorgeous deep warm brown

This line overall is great with many hidden gems (many are MAC dupes). The formula and pigmentation of these is very respectable although I'm not a fan of the frosted ones like Rafael and Rio. With so many colors to choose from, there is something for everyone.

on 7/13/2014 9:07:00 AM

I love this lipstick, i got it at Kmart for like $2 it's the perfect red! You just can't beat the price and the quality of this lipstick, it's a very good lipstick, HIGHLY recommend this!!

Popular Lipsticks