Jordana Matte Lipstick

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol Myristyl Ether Acetate, Cetyl Acetate, Talc, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Synthetic Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum), Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Lanolin, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). +/-May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850),Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200),Red 36 (CI 12085), Orange 5 Lake (CI 45370).

on 8/28/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love the Roma shade. This lipstick applies creamy and smooth. I have dark skin (Mary Kay Bronze 8) and the Roma shows up on me as a coppery brown. It works well for a bronze makeup look. The staying power is decent, but nothing to write home about

I have also tried Tangerine Tango (too light/ashy), as well as Brazil (too ashy-looking on my lips).

I *so* wanted to try Eggplant, but Kmart was out and the Jordana site has a high minimum order to qualify for free shipping.

on 8/13/2015 11:10:00 AM

I have this in Matte Popular, which is a straight up bright hot pink. It's a lighter, cool-toned hot pink though, leaning more toward lilac as opposed to fuschia. The shade is really flattering on my medium olive skin, and even though it's really bright and punchy, many folks could def pull this off.

I picked this up for $2.99 and, sorry for the cheese, but color me impressed. It's smooth and creamy to apply and stains the lips like whoa, which is something I like, but good to be aware of if you don't. Application isn't the best - the bullet is one of those imprecise flat incline ones and has a tendency to apply thickly so my trick is to rub-rub-rub it into my lips (which helps the staining) and clean up the edges with a liner. This makes for a nearly bulletproof wear situation. Lasts really well, and fades to a stain which I like to emphasize as the day (or night) goes on by topping with balm or gloss. For a matte, it's only minorly uncomfy. Doesn't settle into lines or emphasize flakes, either! And I am prone to both.

Yeah, it does have that MAC vanilla smell too.

I'm going to try more shades, there's a decent array of interesting ones...have a feeling the lighter ones won't be my bag but who cares at this price?

Par for the course - the packaging blows. You will nick the lipstick, get it on the inside of the cap, possibly make a mess. As Scar from Disney's The Lion King would advise: "Be PrepAAAARED."

on 8/8/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I genuinely believe these are repackaged MAC lipsticks. Same vanilla scent, perfect consistency, but I reckon these last longer.
In NZ I can buy almost 10 Jordana mattes for the price of one MAC lippy- nuff said

on 6/21/2015 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

You can't beat the price on this one. I really love them, and own about 6 colors now. They work better than my MAC lipsticks I own, in my opinion, for two reasons: one being they tend to leave a stain on the lips so you don't have to re-apply right away, and two being they dry out my lips less and clump less than other lipsticks I own. I'd argue I don't notice any drying effect at all, but I always prime with a thin layer of chapstick & some lip liner sparingly.

Personally, I've found the darker/brighter/more pigmented lipsticks to be better than the pale shades & nudes. They tend to last longer & need less re-apply. Overall, I'd recommend this product though!

on 5/28/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in (I think, but the name has rubbed off) "Bare"

A perfect MLBB everyday shade that even I can keep on for hours - also seems to stain the color on my lips as well, which is great.

Will re-purchase this as long as they make it! Can;'t beat the price -I'll gt one for home, purse & desk!

on 5/11/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

For years I, like a reviewer before me, never bought these because of the awful cheap packaging. Youtube reviews from 7rl beauty "gurus" I trust said these were great...They were correct! I bought "Lavender Lady" as I couldn't find that type of color anywhere. It turned out to be only $2.85 CAD at my local "Canadian Dollar Store". I cannot believe how smooth, pigmented and NON drying this lipstick is! Oh, and it lasts for hours on my lips. The color too is gorgeous. I'm light-med brown skinned, but I'd imagine that many can pull this off. At first I was a bit apprehensive about it looking crazy, but it actually looks nice. Will try many of their other ones too. Unfortunately, I have not seen any of their NEWer Matte collection out yet in Toronto anywhere, but hopefully we'll get it somewhere soon. For now I'll just experiment w/ these ones.
July-4-2015 -- Bought Pink Passion and Grape as well, love them both! Cannot wait to try out Taupe and Cafe next...

on 5/2/2015 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really will love this lipstick at all if they did not dry my lips so much but for the colors they are amazing and the price WOW I mean if all the lipsticks from any brands have prices like this it will be crazy but overall they are very aceptable lipstick just and advice try to use a chapstick before ;)

on 4/22/2015 6:55:00 AM

I love Jordana Matte Lipsticks! I used to honestly turn my nose up when I saw makeup in the dollar store.... but ever since I saw a few reviews on Youtube I rushed out to hunt down the Jordana brand and it is amazing.

I have only used the colours Lavendar Lady, Passion Pink and Eggplant. I love Lavender Lady and wear it nearly everyday, Passion Pink is a little too light for me so I have to mix it with something a bit darker but it is a really nice everyday pink and Eggplant is amazingly beautiful - I love it for a night out it reminds me of the colour Lorde wore a lot the dark burgundy, just looks stunning on most people too.

I will try the other colours and try and get out of my comfort zone of pinks and neutrals.. for $2-$3 in New Zealand why not!

The packaging is of course not exactly YSL lol... but it doesn't come apart in my handbag and really I don't care otherwise the end product competes if not beats some high end expensive lippies and I love it :)

on 3/5/2015 10:39:00 AM

Honestly, I didn't like how it stained my lips. My lips were bright pink after taking it off, and showering! Not good on my part.
I use Matte Dare - 09. I love dark lipsticks, but wish i could pull off bright, pink ones. This color is a mixture of the two. That is one of the things i absolutely love about it.
I wouldn't recommend using this color if your lips aren't healthy, or smooth because it tends to clump in the dry little creases in my lips. My lips are constantly dry so keep them moisturized before using the product.
Over all, for my first matte, dark lipstick, I give it a 10/10. <3

I have this in matte red. Perfect red colour for my skin tone, it instantly makes me look fresh. Love the formula, not drying at all, stays on a pretty good time.

Recommended for Medium Skin