April 23, 2014 | 1785 users online

Lipstick - Jordana - Matte Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ladykay09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lady you all need to pick up all of these. For one MAC lipstick you can buy every color of these ones. I bought pink showstopper, eggplant, natural, tangerine tango for $4.25 and I really love these. I have a tanned honey skin color and the tangerine tango looks amazing on me. Go and buy some and you'll see what I'm talking about.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

some great colors. This line had MAtte lippies about 10 years ago or more as I recall. I have repurchased 5th Avenue which is a great nude and have a few others.

the cost of these is laughable which is fantastic. I am hating like hell to pay 35$ for a lipstick. Seriously. this has gotten out of hand.

the packaging of these is simplistic. think Wet n Wild -- basic plastic which can fall apart easily or break. If the packaging is very important to you get a cute empty palette, a small blush compact or a vintage one and chop up the lipstick into that.. that's what I did with a red jordana lipstick which I use for heavy duty night shifts.. lol. You can mix the nude shades with any red and get a great pinky nude or orangey red.. My compact is an LE EL tiny black with small black stones stuck on it.. don't remember the name. but it looks way elegant and custom..

If anyone asks, I can always say I had the lipstick made for me.. lol.

enjoy and save.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Xochipilli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I currently have 2 of these and I'm definitely going to get more! Granted, the packaging sucks and looks very dated, but the actual lipsticks are beautiful. They are a nice and creamy matte, not too dry and nicely pigmented. I have Pink Passion a d Mystery. Pink Passion is a little light for my medium olive skin but it works beautifully when mixed with other colors. When I mix it with Mystery (a deep berry) it becomes a beautiful, deep rose. I love them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I bought the red shade (Hot Red, i think its called?) and I like it. Its a bright red that really makes my lips stand out. I am a matte red lip junkie and this is perfect for my collection. The packaging is horrible, they're like the NYC lipsticks, but its easy enough just to be careful when closing the tube. Also, I suggest wearing a lip liner with this product, just to make it pop even more and give the lips more definition.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing Jordana Matte Lipsticks for over 20 years! I discovered them when i was 21 and fell in love! I've tried many other lipsticks and always come back to Jordana. Dirt cheap price but high level quality! Shades are perfect, staying power perfect, creamy yet matte formula, just perfection in every respect. The best shades i'm currently in love with are Matte Honey and Matte Terra Cotta. And when you layer and combine the two it's even more perfect! I love their lip pencils too especially the Latte one! I just ordered their Flawless Powder foundation and am excited to try it. Will review that separately when i get it. I so wish there were more stores that sold the Jordana brand. I can only order it online since i'm in Orlando. But the delivery is fast, they package it well so even in the summer heat the lipsticks arrive fresh and cool. Just an amazing company that i hope never goes out of business! The big brand names that have the nerve to charge $20 for a lipstick that runs off your lips should take note! This is how you keep customers. Excellent product, excellent prices and customer service. I couldn't be happier! The shade Honey is beautiful!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by GeraldineCraig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I told my friend that I bought a lipstick at under $1.50 she instantly reacted rather snobbish. I flashed back to my high school dance team days when we all reached into a bucket of assorted low cost, high pigment red lipsticks in anticipation for the performance ahead. These were part of our costume. I work in the entertainment industry, so whilst I was raised by a stepmother who swore up and down by Estee and Sheseido, I can distinguish effectiveness aside from luxury. These matte lipsticks are great because they're pretty vibrant and offer an assortment of colors. I've bought a ton of them - why not! Its like having a box of crayons for your lips! My only caveat is to be sure and moisturize your lips well before applying these as the matte can look cakey and dry if you skip this step. And, bring it with you for touch ups as they're rather basic and don't advertise long wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by TishLiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have Terra cotta, and it is such a gorgeous brick colour on my medium-honey skintone. These lipsticks are a little dry and do emphasize the creases in my lips, but they stay on for quite a while and for the price I can't complain. I'll still keep looking for a better one though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in a shade called simply natural. The color is gorgeous! It's a natural nude shade leaning more towards a pink nude than a peach. Long lasting color that doesn't flake on lips. Really pretty on it's own but like other reviewers said, it might be kind of dry so a little gloss wouldn't hurt.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love love love Jordana matte ls. In the photo above I am wearing Tangerine Tango. What a pleasant feel on my lips. beautiful orangey red matte lipstick. I will buy again. It is dirt cheap. So unbelievable!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This lipstick in Taupe has become my HG nude (i'm between NC 30-35.) i wish it were a touch pinker, but it's the only lippie i wear that gets consistently complimented. the staying power is also outstanding. i'm stockpiling these just in case Jordana ever discontinues them!
oh, and aside from loving the color and the formulation, they're $1.25. can't beat that with a stick.