Jordana Matte Lipstick

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol Myristyl Ether Acetate, Cetyl Acetate, Talc, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Synthetic Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum), Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Lanolin, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). +/-May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850),Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200),Red 36 (CI 12085), Orange 5 Lake (CI 45370).

on 3/5/2015 10:39:00 AM

Honestly, I didn't like how it stained my lips. My lips were bright pink after taking it off, and showering! Not good on my part.
I use Matte Dare - 09. I love dark lipsticks, but wish i could pull off bright, pink ones. This color is a mixture of the two. That is one of the things i absolutely love about it.
I wouldn't recommend using this color if your lips aren't healthy, or smooth because it tends to clump in the dry little creases in my lips. My lips are constantly dry so keep them moisturized before using the product.
Over all, for my first matte, dark lipstick, I give it a 10/10. <3

I have this in matte red. Perfect red colour for my skin tone, it instantly makes me look fresh. Love the formula, not drying at all, stays on a pretty good time.

on 9/24/2014 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have two of these, 052 Sea pearl and 51 Tangerine Tango! Those were the only two left on the shelf at a dollar store! I thought, what the heck, its just a buck, get them. Later on when i tried them, instantly fell in love. It is everything that a high end lipstick would have except for packaging. I have not been able to find it at any stores, so now I am going to order and try a whole bunch of colors.

on 9/6/2014 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Jordana Matte lipsticks are great value-cheap and nicely pigmented with great staying power.I own almost all of these and would highly recommend the ones below:

Terracotta-An unusual mlbb color that's a perfect mixture of orange,peach and brown. Reminds me a little of MAC Mocha. If you have warm or 'Autumn' coloring you need this.

Natural-An everyday peachy-pink nude. Another great one for warm skin tones.

Blazing Mango-Hot orange/coral, dupe for MAC Vegas Volt

Plum Obsession-Gorgeous deep Fuchsia-purple

Fiery Coral-Hot coral-raspberry, dupe for MAC Impassioned and All Fired Up

Tangerine Tango-A pretty orangey red

Mystery-Mauve berry color that will suit most skin tones.

Berry-Dark vampy berry, dupe for MAC Viva Glam III

Brazil-Medium rusty orange-brown, this one really complements warm skin.

Brown-Deep vampy reddish brown

Eggplant-Deep burgundy plum, another good fall shade

Rouge -This a very beautiful and pigmented true red,similar to MAC Ruby Woo

Poppy Pink- A beautiful bright medium to dark pink

Taupe-Mauve,greyish nude. Similar to MAC Velvet Teddy

5th Ave-A gorgeous nude brown on medium to dark skin. Could look muddy on fair skin.

Cafe-A darker version of 5th Ave

Roma- A gorgeous deep warm brown

This line overall is great with many hidden gems (many are MAC dupes). The formula and pigmentation of these is very respectable although I'm not a fan of the frosted ones like Rafael and Rio. With so many colors to choose from, there is something for everyone.

on 7/13/2014 9:07:00 AM

I love this lipstick, i got it at Kmart for like $2 it's the perfect red! You just can't beat the price and the quality of this lipstick, it's a very good lipstick, HIGHLY recommend this!!

on 6/24/2014 12:34:00 AM

These lipsticks inspired me to write my first ever makeup alley review! For some reason, lipsticks never last on me, like we're talking within half an hour it is gone, save a nasty line around the perimeter of my lips. BUT these jordana matte lipsticks LAST FOREVER on me. Even through my compulsive lip chewing and drinking etc, they stay on for hours. The colour range is pretty fab, the matte natural comes out a nice neutral pinky-peach colour on my pale skin, and the matte pink passion is a pretty girly pink with neutral tones. Only downside is the dryness, but that is to be expected with any matte lipstick. Bit of lip-balm and you're sussed. These are more expensive to purchase in NZ ($5NZ at your local coin save) but I found them for less than $1.79 on beauty joint. Would definitely re-purchase in more colours :).

have this in Eggplant. Colours are vibrant and blotting your lips leaves a lovely stain!! Moisturized lips are a must before you apply it but these are great!! (◠‿◠✿)

on 2/15/2014 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I own 5 of these matte lipsticks and oh my they are great!!! I definitely would recommend them. They actually stay on for a long time and they don't bleed on to your teeth. Awesome lipsticks!

on 10/25/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

some great colors. This line had MAtte lippies about 10 years ago or more as I recall. I have repurchased 5th Avenue which is a great nude and have a few others.

the cost of these is laughable which is fantastic. I am hating like hell to pay 35$ for a lipstick. Seriously. this has gotten out of hand.

the packaging of these is simplistic. think Wet n Wild -- basic plastic which can fall apart easily or break. If the packaging is very important to you get a cute empty palette, a small blush compact or a vintage one and chop up the lipstick into that.. that's what I did with a red jordana lipstick which I use for heavy duty night shifts.. lol. You can mix the nude shades with any red and get a great pinky nude or orangey red.. My compact is an LE EL tiny black with small black stones stuck on it.. don't remember the name. but it looks way elegant and custom..

If anyone asks, I can always say I had the lipstick made for me.. lol.

enjoy and save.

on 10/25/2013 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I currently have 2 of these and I'm definitely going to get more! Granted, the packaging sucks and looks very dated, but the actual lipsticks are beautiful. They are a nice and creamy matte, not too dry and nicely pigmented. I have Pink Passion a d Mystery. Pink Passion is a little light for my medium olive skin but it works beautifully when mixed with other colors. When I mix it with Mystery (a deep berry) it becomes a beautiful, deep rose. I love them!

Popular Lipsticks