December 20, 2014 | 1734 users online

Lipstick - Jordana - Matte Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by mithuparikh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have two of these, 052 Sea pearl and 51 Tangerine Tango! Those were the only two left on the shelf at a dollar store! I thought, what the heck, its just a buck, get them. Later on when i tried them, instantly fell in love. It is everything that a high end lipstick would have except for packaging. I have not been able to find it at any stores, so now I am going to order and try a whole bunch of colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by austere

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Jordana Matte lipsticks are great value-cheap and nicely pigmented with great staying power.I own almost all of these and would highly recommend the ones below:

Terracotta-An unusual complex nude color that's a perfect mixture of orange,peach and brown. Reminds me a little of MAC Mocha

Natural-An everyday peachy-pink nude

Blazing Mango-Hot orange/coral, dupe for MAC Vegas Volt

Plum Obsession-Gorgeous deep Fuchsia-purple

Fiery Coral-Hot coral-raspberry, dupe for MAC Impassioned and All Fired Up

Tangerine Tango-A pretty orangey red

Mystery-Mauve berry color that will suit most skin tones.

Berry-Dark vampy berry, dupe for MAC Viva Glam III

Brazil-Medium rusty orange-brown, this one really complements warm skin.

Brown-Deep vampy reddish brown

Eggplant-Deep burgundy plum, another good fall shade

Rouge -This a very beautiful and pigmented true red,similar to MAC Ruby Woo

Poppy Pink- A beautiful bright medium to dark pink

Taupe-Mauve,greyish nude. Similar to MAC Velvet Teddy

5th Ave-A gorgeous nude brown on medium to dark skin. Could look muddy on fair skin.

Cafe-A darker version of 5th Ave

Roma- A gorgeous deep warm brown

This line overall is great with many hidden gems (many are MAC dupes). The formula and pigmentation of these is very respectable although I'm not a fan of the frosted ones like Rafael and Rio. With so many colors to choose from, there is something for everyone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by RainaVixen

I love this lipstick, i got it at Kmart for like $2 it's the perfect red! You just can't beat the price and the quality of this lipstick, it's a very good lipstick, HIGHLY recommend this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyTt

These lipsticks inspired me to write my first ever makeup alley review! For some reason, lipsticks never last on me, like we're talking within half an hour it is gone, save a nasty line around the perimeter of my lips. BUT these jordana matte lipsticks LAST FOREVER on me. Even through my compulsive lip chewing and drinking etc, they stay on for hours. The colour range is pretty fab, the matte natural comes out a nice neutral pinky-peach colour on my pale skin, and the matte pink passion is a pretty girly pink with neutral tones. Only downside is the dryness, but that is to be expected with any matte lipstick. Bit of lip-balm and you're sussed. These are more expensive to purchase in NZ ($5NZ at your local coin save) but I found them for less than $1.79 on beauty joint. Would definitely re-purchase in more colours :).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by caitlynsalmonson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

have this in Eggplant. Colours are vibrant and blotting your lips leaves a lovely stain!! Moisturized lips are a must before you apply it but these are great!! (◠‿◠✿)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ladykay09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own 5 of these matte lipsticks and oh my they are great!!! I definitely would recommend them. They actually stay on for a long time and they don't bleed on to your teeth. Awesome lipsticks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

some great colors. This line had MAtte lippies about 10 years ago or more as I recall. I have repurchased 5th Avenue which is a great nude and have a few others.

the cost of these is laughable which is fantastic. I am hating like hell to pay 35$ for a lipstick. Seriously. this has gotten out of hand.

the packaging of these is simplistic. think Wet n Wild -- basic plastic which can fall apart easily or break. If the packaging is very important to you get a cute empty palette, a small blush compact or a vintage one and chop up the lipstick into that.. that's what I did with a red jordana lipstick which I use for heavy duty night shifts.. lol. You can mix the nude shades with any red and get a great pinky nude or orangey red.. My compact is an LE EL tiny black with small black stones stuck on it.. don't remember the name. but it looks way elegant and custom..

If anyone asks, I can always say I had the lipstick made for me.. lol.

enjoy and save.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Xochipilli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I currently have 2 of these and I'm definitely going to get more! Granted, the packaging sucks and looks very dated, but the actual lipsticks are beautiful. They are a nice and creamy matte, not too dry and nicely pigmented. I have Pink Passion a d Mystery. Pink Passion is a little light for my medium olive skin but it works beautifully when mixed with other colors. When I mix it with Mystery (a deep berry) it becomes a beautiful, deep rose. I love them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I bought the red shade (Hot Red, i think its called?) and I like it. Its a bright red that really makes my lips stand out. I am a matte red lip junkie and this is perfect for my collection. The packaging is horrible, they're like the NYC lipsticks, but its easy enough just to be careful when closing the tube. Also, I suggest wearing a lip liner with this product, just to make it pop even more and give the lips more definition.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing Jordana Matte Lipsticks for over 20 years! I discovered them when i was 21 and fell in love! I've tried many other lipsticks and always come back to Jordana. Dirt cheap price but high level quality! Shades are perfect, staying power perfect, creamy yet matte formula, just perfection in every respect. The best shades i'm currently in love with are Matte Honey and Matte Terra Cotta. And when you layer and combine the two it's even more perfect! I love their lip pencils too especially the Latte one! I just ordered their Flawless Powder foundation and am excited to try it. Will review that separately when i get it. I so wish there were more stores that sold the Jordana brand. I can only order it online since i'm in Orlando. But the delivery is fast, they package it well so even in the summer heat the lipsticks arrive fresh and cool. Just an amazing company that i hope never goes out of business! The big brand names that have the nerve to charge $20 for a lipstick that runs off your lips should take note! This is how you keep customers. Excellent product, excellent prices and customer service. I couldn't be happier! The shade Honey is beautiful!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No