July 31, 2014 | 962 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Ultra Fine Eye liner brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have owned my brush for more than two years and I havenít had any of the problems other reviewers have had. The bristles are firm and lay down the gel liner very accurately and I havenít had a problem with tugging. I donít wear the gel liner every day, only about once a month, so I only wash the brush about that often (very gently with baby shampoo). All the bristles are still in place and the brush has kept its point very well. It comes with a disposable, protective sleeve to keep the bristles unharmed in transit; I have kept this plastic sleeve on my brush and I think that it why my brush has lasted so well. It would be nice if Bobbi Brown included a non-disposable cap to serve this purpose. The main thing I donít like is that the handle is too long. To apply the liner, I like to get close the mirror and many times I end up hitting the end of the handle into the mirror. Thankfully thatís never resulted in poking my eye or a big, misplaced smudge of liner, but I wouldíve preferred a shorter handle. Still, if needed to, I would buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Clover1000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush was good for one month, then frayed really badly. A shame because it's expensive! I had to get a new one (a different brand) because you just can't do fine lines with a big fat brush!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've owned three of these brushes, yes three. It seems that I need to replace it roughly every 2-3 years. I take care of my brushes so it bothers me that BB's brushes are so expensive and simply don't last. I've noticed my third isn't looking so good (splayed bristles), so I'm not buying number four, I'm looking elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by lyfegoes

Okay, so I should not have bought this brush because I don't really know how to use liquid eye liner and stuff, that's why I gave it 4 stars to be fair but took one away because of ease of use. I can't use this at all. I always end up with awkward lines so I'm giving up. I guess this is great for people that know how to work with liquid liners and brush. It was basically a waste for me, but one day maybe it will be useful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by mhristova

This is a great brush as long as you learn how to use it. A lot of people complain about it being worse than the other eye liner brush BB offers, however I think with this one you get a lot more precision. Once you are used to it, it is a great way to apply eyeliner, you get the line as thin and as thick as you want and it is great for finishing the cat eye look. Definitely recommend it

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by planetnars

****Update 5/2013**** This brush does not work with cream formula liners or gel liners with a heavier texture. I can now use it only with the older formula BB gel liners. When I tried to use it with a YSL cream liner it did not apply product evenly or smoothly. It seemed like the bristles were not firm enough. I tried using a maybelline gel liner and had the same experience. Still works great on BB old formula liners but I don't know how the gel liners are since reformulation. If you're not using a very light formula then this would be a poor choice. **** End of Update****
I purchased this brush from Sephora in February of 2012. I had just started to get into makeup and having hooded lids, eyeliner was a real challenge. Prior to my purchase, I couldn't get thin enough lines with pencil or liquid liners I had tried. I thought I would give gel liner a try and ordered a Bobbi Brown ink. I had tried angled brushes, I had tried ultra thin brushes, nothing was working for me. I came across the brush in an online tutorial and I thought I would give it a try. I'm so very glad I did. I can create the thinnest, uniform line on my upper lid. I can tightline if I want to. I can do a well defined cat eye. I can finally wear and appreciate the addition of liner in my eye application. This brush has held up excellent over the past 14 months. It's in just as good condition today as when I first purchased it. I think the term "Ultra Fine Eyeliner" is absolutely true. Fantastic brush and I can't think of a single criticism.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush years ago...I still have it surprisingly but it's only really usable if you want to line your water line...it's impossible to try and line the top, the brush is way too thick! This brush makes no sense! I purchased an eyeliner brush from ELF for $3(!) that does the trick! Don't waste your money...you won't be able to use this brush for much other than lining the waterline...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Tash13

This brush is too expensive .
There are cheaper brushes that work better .Like the Maybelline eyeliner brush .

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

its craazzzyyyyy expensive. not to impressed because u cant really get ultra fine line unless you have bambi eyes, i have almond shaped hooded eyes so the line is too thick for me. i use it now for eyeshadow under my waterline or to brighten my tearducts

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is world's better then any other I've ever tried! To be honest I never would have tried it if my boyfriend had not offered my extra Christmas gifts inside sephora on Christmas eve. My brush was in its final throws od death and I did really need a new one but my boyfriend is a man of little patience so I had less then five minute to decided! Mega crunch time lol. But I remember one of my friends raving about this so I swiped it up and hoped for the best and I'm so glad I did! I've tried so many brushes from dior to mac and Sonia k and THIS beauty is by far the best eyeliner brush evet! Great for every eye look, tight lining, cat eye etc. AMAZING!! I You must buy, trust me you won't regret it! Wonderful for gel eyeliner!! The packaging is nice as the little plastic cap is saveable and the price is more then mac but less then the likes of ysl. Sturdy, good length and quality bristles. I forsee this outliving my previous in longevity. An outstanding buy!