November 26, 2014 | 1871 users online

Makeup Brushes - Trish McEvoy - Powder Brush #5

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by jennafermarie

An all right brush, it is effective, blends bronzer in the most natural and lovely way. I use it to enhance my cheekbones and give a light glow. It is not the softest brush and very expensive for what it is.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this many years ago and I tried and tried with it, not wanting to waste an expensive brush. It is poorly engineered, with the effect of dumping power on your face. This doesn't give a modern look at all. The quality is of course up to TM standards but I can't think of why anyone would want the finish that this delivers.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by pquiles

I just got this powder brush about a week ago after reading reviews here and I realy like it. It does pick up a lot of product which I'm trying to figure out how to tweak, but I believe it's b/c of the design. I've washed it t3 times w/baby shampoo and although it's still really soft, I am feeling a slight roughness compared to when I 1st got it. Maybe I need to wash it less... or use something else to clean it...IDK.
As for the price, It's the most expensive brush in my collection so I'm not sure if I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

Most of my friends think I'm crazy to spend as much as I do on makeup brushes, but any makeup lover knows that the perfect product is nothing without the perfect applicator. Enter Trish McEvoy's Powder Brush #5. I used to work for the Trish McEvoy brand, and even had the pleasure of meeting Trish herself at one of my product trainings. Just like every other brand out there, there are the standout products and the ones that could use improving. In my opinion, Trish's brushes are the Rolls Royce of brushes. They use real squirrel fur/hair for the brushes, however they wait for these hairs to fall out of the squirrel naturally before collecting them, thus the squirrel remains unharmed. Even their brush cleaner is great and I highly recommend it. This powder brush feels like velvet. I've been using mine for 6+ years and it's still going strong, however it doesn't feel like it once used to, which has me wondering if I don't wash it enough or if years of product build-up has finally done this brush in and I'm due for another one soon.

USER NOTE: Because this brush has a flatter head, it will distribute the powder more heavily. The more rounded the brush head, the lighter the application. If you're using a compact powder, this brush will grab a lot of product right away, so you may not need to use it as much. Also, depending on how much you use your brushes, you should try to clean them regularly, otherwise you will shorten the lifespan of your brushes, not to mention how dirty the brush hairs and product can become. continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by KLC101790

I received this brush as a christmas gift, but never thought to use it for my bare minerals because I already had the brushes that the bare minerals came with.. Anyway, I detest the bare minerals brushes because they feel itchy against my sensitive skin and irritate me no matter how much I condition them! And I cannot use the bare minerals powder because of the bismuth ingredient= itchy! So I bought everyday minerals and realized that I had a trish powder brush as part of my christmas trish planner. I SHOULD HAVE NEVER WENT WITHOUT THIS BRUSH.. The application is flawless and feels so good against my skin. I ordered the everyday minerals flat top and kabuki brush, and although they are softer than the trish powder brush, they are just not as easy to manipulate as my trish powder brush.. I am so in love with this brush and want to get a spare one just in case.. This is my HG brush for mineral make up.. My other brushes sit on my make up stand for show... GET THIS BRUSH!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by mlim74

This is a brush that I use every day and LOVE how soft it is against my skin that it makes me want to sweep it over my face even with no product on it. However, it is difficult for me to give it 5 Lippies on price alone. I nearly choked when my brush was scanned at the registered, since I didnít have the good sense to ask how much it was before I agree to buy it. It cost over $70! The current price as of the upload of this review is $78. The only brush more expensive is the Shu Uemura Kolinsky Brush 17 that cost $270!

This brush is large and covers a large area of the face with each sweeping stroke, hence, great for applying a setting powder. It can do dual purpose by being a blush brush, but will take more careful application. I have the short clear lucite handle version, which I prefer, since I like to get close to the mirror.

I am only willing to repurchase this brush only because itís so soft and luxurious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 8:58:00 AM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After having a set of the old gold handle McEvoy brushes for years, I bought a new set of the clear handle ones. They are just as nice and perform and wear even better. The number 5 brush is for powder and does a very nice job. It it super soft and plush and is infinitely better for applying my powder foundation than the mask-making sponge applicator it originally came with. I love having the tools to create different m/u looks and my McEvoy brushes are the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by DearAlexandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite, plushest, densest, softest brush in my collection. A dream to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictedArtist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic Powder brush...amazing quality. I like to use this brush for my bronzing powder as well. Trish Brushes are the absolute best IMO. I literally have them all and many doubles. HG brushes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received my first Trish McEvoy #5 powder brush in a swap and I fell in love with the perfect application this brush provides. I got a second TM #5 brush for Christmas 2004 and gave the old one to my mother, who is equally impressed. I have been using the "new" #5 brush basically daily for the past three years and it is still soft, supple, and applies powder like a dream. I have dry skin so I want a very light dusting of loose powder to set my tinted moisturizer and that is exactly what this brush provides. I would purchase again in a heartbeat even though it is not exactly cheap. You definitely get what you pay for with this brush.