Ben Nye Final Seal

4.3

Alcohol Denat, Water, Acrylates/ Octylacrlamide Copolymer, Triethanolamine,Propylene Glycol, Fragrance,Phenoxyethanol, Blue 1.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

As someone with oily/combination skin, I'm always on the lookout for products to improve the longevity of my makeup. This stuff is remarkable in that it really does help "seal" the makeup on my face and prevents transferring. You only need a few sprays and that's it...your makeup should be locked for the day. It's feels almost like a dry mist on my face, not wet at all, and the smell is tolerable (like spearmint and alcohol). My 2oz bottle has lasted me many months, but I already repurchased my backup. I don't ever want to be without this stuff!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used to love this stuff over four years ago, it blew my mind and absolutely trumped any other setting spray for me. For some reason, it no longer works as well as the very first bottle I got. Once I got the 2nd bottle, it was like a different product. So either they reformulated it around late 2011 or my skin changed completely from then, which I don't believe to be the case. I've been through a total of 3 bottles and both of the last two were not as good. Yes, it makes your makeup last a lot longer but not as long as I remember. It leaves a kind of sheen on your skin that takes away the matte look, emphasizes pores and makes you look a little oily. I never like the way my makeup looks after I spray this on. It feels quite drying and uncomfortable on yet it's not very good at controlling oil. I speculate that this also breaks me out now. It has a cooling, menthol-sensation and smells like mouthwash so that's probably what irritates my skin. Overall, I much prefer Model in a Bottle to this now. That one has a better finish, more oil control and in my opinion is just as longwearing or even more so than Final Seal. Even though this does make your makeup more waterproof and rub-resistant than without, the unflattering finish it gives is not worth it. Wouldn't repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this product to use for an outdoor show where I had to wear heavy stage makeup. The temperature was 90* and above every day, and I had cream and powder products on my face that I needed to stay and not melt/sweat off. For this purpose, this setting spray did about as well as it could do, I suppose. I could still touch my face and get makeup on it, and I could've stood a few touch ups throughout the show. Nonetheless, the makeup I was wearing stayed bright and didn't run down my face as I sweat, so that was a big plus.
When spraying this on, I recommend closing your eyes (duh) and spraying several inches away from the face, then waiting for it to dry before opening your eyes again. Some of my friends said that it stung a little bit upon application, while I experienced a minty feel. This does leave your face a bit sticky at first, and I would not recommend spraying this after applying false lashes, as they very well might stick together.
I have not tried using this with my every day makeup, but I imagine it would work pretty well for that. I will try it and report back.

EDIT 8/22/15:
I tried this with my every day makeup the other day. When I spritzed it on my face, it felt like the nozzle might have been clogged a bit. The result was a larger amount of product on my face instead of a light mist. Nonetheless, I let it dry and went about my day. Half way through the day I looked in the mirror and saw ALL THE SPOTS where Final Seal had landed on my face. I looked very blotchy and dried out. I had to remove all of my makeup to fix it. This might have completely been operator error, but I need to figure out how to return this product to spraying a fine mist before I ever use it again. Beware!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this product to keep my makeup in place and to stop any shine for a wedding. It was a humid long day so the spray really had its work cut out! But by the time I got home everything was still in place 14 hours later! This is the best fix ever! I have tried Mac fix + and urban decay all nighter! This one beats all of them! It's also the same price as the others. Only thing I didn't like is when you spray it,make sure you keep your eyes closed a few seconds afterwards as the mint spray does sting your eyes.

Liking this so far! As the name implies, this is not just a basic setting spray, it's truly made to SEAL makeup and make it stay put in harsh conditions! I only use this for special events like weddings or dances where makeup can sweat and run off easily. I apply this two different ways! First of all, if I'm using a cream foundation like Graftobian, one of my favorites, I'll spray some of this on the brush I'm using and mix it in with the foundation as I apply it to the face to help it really adhere to the skin and set better, as cream foundation has a tendency to rub off easily or melt on occasion. I find this works better than spraying on the face after I've applied both the cream and a setting powder and everything else on top, as it can make it feel too heavy and cakey and tight that way (some people have mentioned "cracking" which probably is a result of doing this) I also sometimes use the method of applying a foundation and then applying this on top of it with a brush, which also works decently well. Of course you can always spray it on your face or do the "walk through the mist" method, but as mentioned, it doesn't always spray evenly and you usually have to wait longer for it to dry that way, plus you run the risk of making your eyes and nose sting or mascara run! I'm a part time makeup artist, so hopefully some of my tips and tricks can help someone!

This product is phenomenonal. I started using it about 6 years ago at the recommendation of another makeup artist and I am glad I did.

The spray is minty, cooling and fresh. It tingles slightly but dries rather quickly. Tip: make sure you are done applying ALL product to the skin. Makeup will NOT blend well applied on top of this spray.

Holds up well in 115 + heat, crying, boogers, sweat you name it. Works well on body contouring and color.

I am no longer able to purchase it wear I live so I order it from Amazon.com.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Your makeup will probably last your entire life with this setting spray, given that you dont wash your face...seriously though it has AMAZING hold. I've tried many setting sprays (Urban decay, Model in a bottle, Victoria Secret, L'oreal) and this one has the best hold BY FAR....and is the cheapest too. I bought it online for only $7, but because I live in Canada the shipping brought it up to around $25, even for that price it is well worth it. I don't use it for every day use because I really don't need complete budge-proof makeup every day. I've worn this through many nights at clubs/bar and usually this is when my makeup will melt off, but when I set it with this it honestly looks the same from when I left to when I get back. Also I have oily skin, and it controls it like no other.

Bottom Line:
You need this in your life.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this in travel size along with Mattify Loose Powder from Mattify web. So far, I love this product. It works on me. I use it just for special ocassion that require long-lasting make up. Love love love it!

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Okay so I'm just going to be honest... This shit SUCKS. K so first of all I was really excited to try this so I ordered a sample of the prodict off of a makeup website. And holy crap, I am glad that I didn't buy the full bottle! The product has a minty smell and the spray doesn't spritz out like it should, it comes out in huge globs of a sticky substance. When I put it on I couldn't move my face, it made everything so dry! So do not buy this product!

I like this! Keeps makeup in place but can make my skin feel blotchy sometimes, however it's not that bad. It really refreshens my skin.

Popular Other Products