Essie Adore-A-Ball

3.8

on 3/12/2015 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is described as a pink/nude sheer, but I don't see any pink in this really. This leans much more peachy pink. It's very subtle but it doesn't look pink or peach.

I wanted to love this and give it 5 lippies but I can't. It's very streaky, uneven, doesn't level well, hard to work with, and it doesn't dry. It was still tacky after 24 hours. I have several dings and marks on my nails from normal wear during the 24 hours because it just never dried right.

on 11/24/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Although like most similar shades of polish, this particular polish runs streaky I absolutely love it. It lasts a few days without chipping, but I do find that layering too much with this one causes it to chip more quickly. Then again, I work in a restaurant that worships the use of bleach so it may be the context of the situation rather than the product itself. Overall, it's shiny (on it's own) a beautiful, flattering pale pink that can be built up in a couple liberal coats to essentially opaque. I love this color (though it isn't that unique in broad terms, this one really is special for making your nails look fresh, not corpse-like and is simply pretty and fitting for people like me who love pale nudes.

on 2/24/2014 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Adore-A-Ball is described as a sheer, soft pink. Hmmm. I wouldn't exactly describe it as sheer since I'm wearing two coats and I can barely see the whites of my nails. The formula is thin and watery, but applies well. I didn't experience horrendous streaking. The wear....three days without chipping or cracking which I think is pretty good. Overall, this is a good polish, but I wouldn't re-buy it simply because the colour does not look good on me. My nails look like corpse nails. My skin tone is too warm for this pale polish.

on 7/10/2013 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried to love this color. I really did but...This is the streakiest polish I've used in a long time and I used 4 coats trying to get semi-opaque color. It's such a bad product and it cost nearly $8. I tried to return it to target but the lady said it was "supposed to be sheer". Seriously, it's supposed to be sheer? Anyway, if you want opacity try something else.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Adore-a-Ball is one of Essie's many sheer pale pinks. Like others polishes of this color, it runs a little streaky, but it's not very noticeable to others. It's a very cute color, and I'm glad I own it, but there are many just like it. If you can find it on sale (I actually found mine at the thrift store), definitely snatch it up. Otherwise, Wet n Wild's $2 Megalast line has a sheer pale pink called Sugar Coat that will work just as well.

on 4/13/2013 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG nail polish for hands. It is the perfect clean and bright milky nude/pink color . If you want a natural but still pretty color, this is it. its not too sheer either. I have medium tan olive skin (NC20) and this color just makes my nails look healthy, pretty and clean and its perfect. I have been repurchasing for a few years and will keep buying as long as they sell it! Essie polishes also last a good 5-6 days on my hands as well. Another great one is Essie's "Topless and barefoot" - that one is more opaque but still really pretty. Great polishes.

on 2/4/2013 11:49:00 AM

Wow. I just love it so much! I did find it streaky on a second coat but I prefer only one coat anyway so that wasn't a problem. It's the most beautiful sheer, pinky-nude color that makes my nails look even and shiny and yet still natural. I gave it only four stars because when I bought it I did expect it to be more opaque but I've fallen in love with the sheer-ness! I will definitely repurchase this because of how elegant and beautiful it is.

on 9/17/2012 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

i work at abercrombie and fitch, we are not allowed any nail polish besides clear, but i was able to get away with this by applying one coat (and carefully hiding my nails around my store manager). it's such a pretty nude, yes the application is streaky, but it's a nice end result. i'm looking forward to trying ballet slippers and other essie nudes. also, i love the shape/design of the bottle :)

on 5/27/2012 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The perfect pale pink, less sheer than many pale pinks. No mauve undertones, just a pretty pink. The first coat can be a little streaky, but the streaks disappear with the second coat. Wears well. My year-round favorite, great for a summer pedi. No surprise that Adore-A-Ball is an Essie top ten!

on 4/13/2012 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love soft/sheers, but like most of them Adore-A-Ball is prone to a bit of streaking. Not too bad, about average. I can work with it and the color is very pretty. Its milky sheer with a cool lilac undertone. I prefer to apply only one perfect sheer coat, as its the extra layers that look streaky. I'd like to try Allure (sheer warm white) East Hampton Cottage (opaque pale pink) or Blanc (opaque white) next.

Other Essie feminine shades I've tried: