April 21, 2014 | 1098 users online

Polishes - Essie - Adore-A-Ball

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Adore-A-Ball is described as a sheer, soft pink. Hmmm. I wouldn't exactly describe it as sheer since I'm wearing two coats and I can barely see the whites of my nails. The formula is thin and watery, but applies well. I didn't experience horrendous streaking. The wear....three days without chipping or cracking which I think is pretty good. Overall, this is a good polish, but I wouldn't re-buy it simply because the colour does not look good on me. My nails look like corpse nails. My skin tone is too warm for this pale polish.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Girlofpages

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I tried to love this color. I really did but...This is the streakiest polish I've used in a long time and I used 4 coats trying to get semi-opaque color. It's such a bad product and it cost nearly $8. I tried to return it to target but the lady said it was "supposed to be sheer". Seriously, it's supposed to be sheer? Anyway, if you want opacity try something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kiramekihoshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Adore-a-Ball is one of Essie's many sheer pale pinks. Like others polishes of this color, it runs a little streaky, but it's not very noticeable to others. It's a very cute color, and I'm glad I own it, but there are many just like it. If you can find it on sale (I actually found mine at the thrift store), definitely snatch it up. Otherwise, Wet n Wild's $2 Megalast line has a sheer pale pink called Sugar Coat that will work just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

This is my HG nail polish for hands. It is the perfect clean and bright milky nude/pink color . If you want a natural but still pretty color, this is it. its not too sheer either. I have medium tan skin and this color just makes my nails look healthy, clean and its perfect. I have been repurchasing for a few years and will keep buying as long as they sell it! Essie polishes also last a good 5-6 days on my hands as well. Great polishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by ElinorRose

Wow. I just love it so much! I did find it streaky on a second coat but I prefer only one coat anyway so that wasn't a problem. It's the most beautiful sheer, pinky-nude color that makes my nails look even and shiny and yet still natural. I gave it only four stars because when I bought it I did expect it to be more opaque but I've fallen in love with the sheer-ness! I will definitely repurchase this because of how elegant and beautiful it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

i work at abercrombie and fitch, we are not allowed any nail polish besides clear, but i was able to get away with this by applying one coat (and carefully hiding my nails around my store manager). it's such a pretty nude, yes the application is streaky, but it's a nice end result. i'm looking forward to trying ballet slippers and other essie nudes. also, i love the shape/design of the bottle :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The perfect pale pink, less sheer than many pale pinks. No mauve undertones, just a pretty pink. The first coat can be a little streaky, but the streaks disappear with the second coat. Wears well. My year-round favorite, great for a summer pedi. No surprise that Adore-A-Ball is an Essie top ten!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love soft/sheers, but like most of them Adore-A-Ball is prone to a bit of streaking. Not too bad, about average. I can work with it and the color is very pretty. Its milky sheer with a cool lilac undertone. I prefer to apply only one perfect sheer coat, as its the extra layers that look streaky. I'd like to try Allure (sheer warm white) East Hampton Cottage (opaque pale pink) or Blanc (opaque white) next.

Other Essie feminine shades I've tried:

Bisses and Kisses - perfect no streaking
Cafe Forgot - nailtips look yellowed like a hardened smoker
French Affair - gloopy, thick
Luscious Lips - extremely streaky
Marshmellow - streaky

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by LilEdie

Not too beige, not too pink - my ultimate everyday, all the time color. I know people have complained of streakiness but I find that usually shows up when you have had it a while & it tends to get a bit thicker. Just water it down (not too much!) with nail polish thinner or nail polish remover, & it will be just like new & no streaks!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Floradanica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Colour is perfect... very elegant. It IS streaky/hard to put on. In the salon, they do it just right, but I like to do my own nails most of the time, and I can never get it just right. Still, I will keep buying it. I wish Essie could fix the streak problem, though.