October 23, 2014 | 2078 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Verbena Shower Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I go shopping to a drugstore, I often see that women are smelling the products. They buy what smells nice for them, not necessarily, what is best for their skin. L'Occitane knows that and has outstanding and extremely popular fragrances among its lines. The packagings are also very classy and stylish, and the products are not just pleasant to use, but also look good in the bathroom. If you're into sugary lemon scents, you'll probably love the verbena line, and buy the shower gel, the body cream, the scrub, the shampoo, the refreshing wipes, everything in an instant.
Now the bad part. This shower gel made my skin very dry, and it didn't lather well, so I used it up very quickly. I had the same horrible experience with the lotion. I've also found that most L'Occitane shower gels are very similar (with the almond one being an exception). I've also tried the green tea and the cherry blossom, and they differed only in the fragrance, otherwise their effect was the same.
To sum it up, this shower gel performs like the worst and cheapest drugstore products, but has a nice scent and a classy packaging for a lot of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by renatev

This is great! The smell is very luxurious and citrus-like. Very refreshing scent. It cleans well and does not make my skin dry. I recommend this! The bottle is also pretty to look at and I look forward to showering when using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Evelin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It does everything a shower gel is supposed to do. I love it, package is nice, smell is just great, very mild and greenish. Usually my man can smell it from the other room. Or if in summer I go out after shower I can literally feel the smell surrounding me. Crazy.
Price is a little high- I mean, come on, it's a shower gel. But if I were to get it somewhere with better price I would definitely buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by kaliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love it !!! The smell of it is like anything I ever encounter in shower gels and it gives you the best feeling. The smell stays with me after the bathing.It just brightness my mood. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells amazing. When I take a bath, the smell doesn't stay on my skin. Will try with a shower then.
I have been using the green tea one, that is very very good, but I am not sure, I think I prefer this one.
I am in love with L'occitane!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by dandellion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it! Smells amazing, my skin is really really clean. One of my top shower gels.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the Citrus Verbena version. I love the smell and use it on days I want mood lifting aromatherapy. I have nothing negative to say about this except that it (at least in the 2009 formulation) gets a 5 (moderate hazard) from the Cosmetics Database. Not what you would expect from a company that boasts "organic" all over the place.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by desertraisin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This body wash smells great and it is refreshing for summer use. However, it does not moisturize well so if your body tends to dry out, has eczema or you live in dry climate I would not recommend this. It also does not lather much although it doesn't bother me that much but could be a factor for some.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I quite like the scent of this showergel, and my husband adores it, but for my part, the fascination stops there. First of all, I find it too watery, it doesn't foam much, is not particularly kind to my dry skin (I much prefer the showergels from REN, Lavera or Weleda in this respect), and the bottle is a bit impractical, with its very small cap, and paper labels which tends to disintegrate if left in the shower. Add to that the stupid brand restrictions L'Occitane has recently added on internet shopping, I'm quite sure that I will not again buy this showergel, so the search for a better (yet as good-smelling) alternative continues.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by 181718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Don't know why people are raving about this... it is not moisturising AT ALL. The scent is of a very harsh (almost detergent like) lemon smell, not a fresh zingy smell like you would expect. I find all L'occitane products never live up to the hype and the way they are described (especially on QVC !). This has very little lather and is not any different from a 2 DS product. Definitely would not repurchase. Fragrance-wise I much prefer KORRES shower gels, they are much richer, have stronger more sophisticated fragrances, and are slightly cheaper.