April 23, 2014 | 1954 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Top Speed Nail Polish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

This is a review for the shade emerald - a wonderful glossy fast drying jade green. Looks fab on pale yellow undertoned skin. A great dupe if you are looking to buy OPI's Jade is the new black this is almost exactly the same shade!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

This review is specifically for the color 430 Chili. It is currently one of my absolute favorite nail polishes. It is a bright orangy-red cream with a slight jelly consistency. The formula is a little thin which causes it to be a little runny and not completely opaque, but it goes on so smoothly with zero streaks and is practically self-leveling. I didn't notice it drying significantly faster than other nail polishes, but maybe a little bit faster? I am perfectly fine with 2 coats and some visible nail line, so if you don't want vnl, then you may need 3+ coats. I can wear it (w/ separate base and top coat) for a whole week with almost no chipping and just some tip wear. Look for it at Big Lots in a 2-pack for $2 (mine came with 370 Snow Bunny)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by RenRan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My review is specifically for Revlon Top Speed - Forbidden 043.
This is a warm red polish with no shimmer and a fairly high gloss, without top coat.

The polish has a thin, watery consistency. It takes me 3 coats to achieve the desired depth of color without streaking. But it's worth it.

The brand delivered its Top Speed claim. I can apply the 3 coats of Forbidden and have it dry faster than 2 coats of other favored brands, and even other Revlon polishes. Its color is a rich, classic red that is a nice break from the darker maroons I usually wear, like OPI's Girl Talk or Sally Hansen's Haute Chocolate.

Maybe it's just my luck but no polish has ever lasted very long on me. I do way too much with my hands and am not the most delicate with them. This lasted the usual 2 or 3 days, without touch up.

The price of the bottle was a steal as it was 40% off the usual $5 at Rite Aid.

The packaging is nothing out of the ordinary. It's the typical Revlon nail polish bottle.

Overall, it's a welcomed addition to my collection.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by gilliannc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This polish was among some of the worst I have ever used. It was almost too "watery" and took 3-4 coats to get the true color. I have tried it 3 times now and will no longer be using!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by zahpphire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This nail polish applies very well and has a great brush. The colors usually come out very opaque. Especially their dark ones. For the more light colors, you can probably get away with 2 thick coats or 4 thin coats. The only problem I have with it is that it will only give you about 4 days without chipping,

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by misslasinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Top speed Forbidden is awesome. It is a very professional looking red and dries fast. I read the reviews but people do not take into consideration 2 factors: 1)Don't use a top coat of base coat-Read Revlon's website.
2) Quick dry is not suppose to last as long as a fancy manicure at a fancy nail salon.

sometimes I run out of time and i have to have professional looking hands for my line of work. This nail polish saves me in a bind.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

Clearly not everyone likes Top Speed but I think the formulation differs so much between colours, you can't write off the entire line. I have three Top Speed polishes- Bubble, Orchid and Sheer Cotton. They are all so, so different.
The Orchid is a pink metallic that lasts for ages (don't like it on my skin tone though). Sheer Cotton is a lovely pale pink/nude colour but it is so sheer you need 3 coats for opacity and it looks a bit lumpy as a result. Bubble is a recent purchase and is my favourite. It's a stunning bright, deep pink that looks beautifully opaque after two coats.
Staying power is not the greatest because I find Revlon polishes don't play that well with my top coat of choice (SH Insta Dri).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to admit, I am flabbergasted and astounded by all the deeply negative, harsh reviews for the Top Speed polish. All I can say is that for me there are no bad effects at all. My nails feel stronger, smoother, and healthier, thanks to the vitamins and minerals in the varnish (including silk powder). I know everyone is very different when reacting to cosmetic products, and that I usually respond extremely well to most products, so I cannot speak for anyone else.
I am current wearing Decadent, which is a fantastic, extraordinary indigo with a gorgeous iridescent midnight indigo purple shine. I also own Ocean, which is a beautiful teal with ocean green iridescence. I recetly picked up Dress Code, which I think used to be called Violet, which is a shimmery metallic chrome dark violet. And as far as I have seen the formula has done nothing but good, good things for my nails.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've had this n/p in a few different colours and they were all beautiful. The problem I have with this n/p is the lingering chemical-y odour even after it dries that lasts a day or two. Btw this dries just as quickly as the regular Revlon n/p, and that one doesn't have the smell issue, so guess which one I prefer?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Jess1189

Still using Top Speed in Chili from last summer! I love the hot red-orange color, and the formula is great! It's one of those colors that just makes you smile :)